What Additional Routes Can Carnival Add?

Kobayashi

I would love more southern Caribbean cruises out of Miami. Trinidad & Tobago, Grenada, St Vincent.

As others have noted more cruises to Bermuda from NYC and some out of Baltimore and Charleston too.

Cuba would be awesome as well.

I would love more southern Caribbean cruises out of Miami. Trinidad & Tobago, Grenada, St Vincent.

As others have noted more cruises to Bermuda from NYC and some out of Baltimore and Charleston too.

Cuba would be awesome as well.

Yes. The Grenadines are on my sail list by far.

Reinstate Key West stops out of Charleston (Nassau, HMC/Grand Turk, and Key West itinerary would be great!). Don't mind the Fantasy, but need to shake up the ports a little more. Adding Amber Cove out of Charleston was a good move. :)

Bring back Bermuda cruise out of Charleston.

Understand the port issues in Charleston, but more "special cruises" with balcony ships out of Charleston would be great. There are a few upcoming Sunshine cruises but the dates don't work when sailing with kids.

I agree with others about bringing back the Costa Rica/Columbia/Panama route.

I would love for them to add the Pacific Northwest reroute that they did during the Swine Flu outbreak in Mexico. We stopped in Astoria, Victoria, and Vancouver.

THIS. One of our very favorite cruises.

We transited through the Panama Canal on the Miracle's repo from NY to Long Beach...Best Cruise Ever !!!

It was 15 days of heaven -> New York/Grand Turk/Cartagena Colombia/Panama Canal Transit/Puntarenas Costa Rica/Puerto Quetzal Guatemala/Cabo San Lucas Mexico/Long Beach (missed Grand Turk due to gastroenteritis on the island)

We also did that sailing; Puerto Quetzal was an absolute gem and I would looooove to go back.

Overall my priorities would be:

1. More West Coast options - Pacific coastal, longer Mexico itineraries like the Jan 2016 Miracle sailing, etc.

2. More 10-16 night sailings in general, and more that do not begin or end in Puerto Rico.

3. Expanded offerings from New York.

We did a 10 day cruise that included the Panama Canal, which was amazing, and Limon Costa Rica. It was without a doubt the most boring cruise we have ever taken.

Going through the Panama Canal was exciting, but it was only for a few hours. Cruising Gatun Lake was, to me, a waste of time and Costa Rica wasn't that great either. We did do a tour so we got to see a lot of the country, but it was still boring,

I'd rather there were more trips that included Aruba and Curacao that went from FL. Perhaps I am rather jaded though as I think we have been to almost every Caribbean island because we have cruised so many times.

I'd really like to do a 2 week Alaska cruise where we went to more than just Juneau, Ketchikan and Skagway. It's such a beautiful state and I know there is a lot more to see.

Edited by katiel53

flights to Hawaii are a lot more expensive than flights to Europe.

Not necessarily for us on the West Coast. Would love a Hawaiian cruise around the islands with overnight port stops.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Forums mobile app

Not necessarily for us on the West Coast. Would love a Hawaiian cruise around the islands with overnight port stops.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Forums mobile app

Well duh. Most of Carnival's clientele is in the East, but I can understand what you're saying. The could do overnights on a 15 day roundtrip. But a 10 day out and an 11 day back between Long Beach and Honolulu would be a good idea and would do well. They'd have to stop at Ensenada each way though. But basing a ship in Honolulu for a season wouldn't work too well for Carnival.

Well duh. Most of Carnival's clientele is in the East, but I can understand what you're saying. The could do overnights on a 15 day roundtrip. But a 10 day out and an 11 day back between Long Beach and Honolulu would be a good idea and would do well. They'd have to stop at Ensenada each way though. But basing a ship in Honolulu for a season wouldn't work too well for Carnival.

Re Hawaii, it is not necessary to stop at Ensenada both ways, just on the return voyage.

We did a 16 day Hawaii and had an overnight in Maui...arrived the morning of the fifth day, and it was 5 sea days coming back (Vancouver, which served as the 'foreign' port).

Edited by K&P Luv2Cruise

I know many people love it, but I just don't see the allure of cruising to Hawaii when you have to leave from the mainland of the U.S. as much as I enjoy sea days I feel like I'd rather fly to the islands and spend 2-3 days on each and really get to explore each place instead of 8 sea days on a 16 day RT with a stop in Ensenada. I get the allure of Caribbean cruises since they're usually a week or so going to 2-4 countries in that time, but with Hawaii if I was investing 16 days I would prefer to do a land trip to feel like I was getting to really see the islands. If I didn't have that much time I would probably go on NCLs POA ship to feel it out and see if I'd want to go back. It really does look like a beautiful place from all the pictures I've seen and also films.

I know many people love it, but I just don't see the allure of cruising to Hawaii when you have to leave from the mainland of the U.S. as much as I enjoy sea days I feel like I'd rather fly to the islands and spend 2-3 days on each and really get to explore each place instead of 8 sea days on a 16 day RT with a stop in Ensenada. I get the allure of Caribbean cruises since they're usually a week or so going to 2-4 countries in that time, but with Hawaii if I was investing 16 days I would prefer to do a land trip to feel like I was getting to really see the islands. If I didn't have that much time I would probably go on NCLs POA ship to feel it out and see if I'd want to go back. It really does look like a beautiful place from all the pictures I've seen and also films.

For us it's not about the allure, it's about price. We can drive or fly cheap to LA, which is a plus living near the West Coast. Flying in and sailing POA would cost drastically more than doing Carnival round trip. Spending a few days at each island is of course apples and oranges, but that can't be cheap either. We're going to do the cruise before too long, but that's a 2nd option for a return trip.

For us it's not about the allure, it's about price. We can drive or fly cheap to LA, which is a plus living near the West Coast. Flying in and sailing POA would cost drastically more than doing Carnival round trip. Spending a few days at each island is of course apples and oranges, but that can't be cheap either. We're going to do the cruise before too long, but that's a 2nd option for a return trip.

I don't get the beginning part fully. So what you're saying is a trip to lets say Iraq for 16 days is fine if the price is good enough because that's what matters, not appeal?

I fully understand price comes into play when making a decision towards a vacation, but if the entire experience doesn't seem as enjoyable to me I would find another way to make the part that does, the only part. For this instance I would just skip a year of travel or find a cheaper vacation that does appeal to me for a year or two to save up enough to find a way to experience it the way I wanted.

Again I get people love all of those sea days in a row, and the chance to get a taste of Hawaii. However to me I just don't get it. Hawaii is to unique of a place for me to spend 4 days there and 4 days back to get the experience I would be looking for. So I would find another way to make it work in a way that appeals(allures) to me.

I don't get the beginning part fully. So what you're saying is a trip to lets say Iraq for 16 days is fine if the price is good enough because that's what matters, not appeal?

I fully understand price comes into play when making a decision towards a vacation, but if the entire experience doesn't seem as enjoyable to me I would find another way to make the part that does, the only part. For this instance I would just skip a year of travel or find a cheaper vacation that does appeal to me for a year or two to save up enough to find a way to experience it the way I wanted.

Again I get people love all of those sea days in a row, and the chance to get a taste of Hawaii. However to me I just don't get it. Hawaii is to unique of a place for me to spend 4 days there and 4 days back to get the experience I would be looking for. So I would find another way to make it work in a way that appeals(allures) to me.

I'm referring specifically to the context of "allure" you mentioned, which basically says you don't get the draw to all those sea days vs limited exploration. My reply states that for us, there is no allure (same context), to all the sea days, but that it's cheaper than flying in for Norwegian. I never said anything about not caring where the destination is.

Now to answer your question, would I rather fly into Iraq, or do a 16 day transatlantic on a cruise ship for cheaper? Hey, why not? ;)

Most certainly with you in this. I've always wanted to book a European cruise, but every time I go to look, I think "no, that's not enough time". Literally in Livorno, you have to face the option of the A) the leaning tower B) the local port area C) Cinque Terre or D) Florence and the Duomo. I did, however, craft a 21 day land itinerary (with overnight ferries!) starting in Athens, through the Greek Isles, up through Sicily, Naples, Pompeii, and ending in Rome / Vatican City, and I couldn't be anymore excited, because I have a few days in each important place. For places like Europe and Hawaii, I'd want to go on a land trip for and really get a sense of the places.

Also agree about the cost part. These are memories that you'll have forever, so why not make the most of them!? I can understand a couple thousand dollar difference, but if it's a few hundred, why not? I did that with my China land trip, and I am SO glad that I added on the extra 3 day roadtrip through Suzhou, Wuzhen, and Hangzhou. Some of the best parts of the trip were in those cities.

Am i the only one who would just adore a small ship through the great lakes? I couldn't take anything massive but it would be wonderful!

I would ADORE that! Mainly because I'm only about 1 1/2 hours to Lake Erie. But I think you could do like 2 7-Day Sailings that go to both sides, then run them in reverse the next week to get back to the port to start the next cruise such as---

7-Day Eastern

Montreal*

St. Lawrence River (Cruising)

Kingston

Toronto

Buffalo/Niagara Falls

Conneaut,OH

Lake Erie (Cruising)

Windsor, MI*

7-Day Western

Windsor, MI*

Lake Huron (Cruising)

Alpena, MI

Saulte Ste. Marie

Lake Huron (Cruising)

Muskegon, MI

Milwaukee, WI

Chicago, IL*

Do each sailing, then do them in reverse. So if it goes East-West, you then go West (Reverse Order)-East (Reverse Order)

*I do not know how these cruises run, but i checked some out and think this has a shot at working...

It was to have happened last week but didn't. Now I'm checking every day to see whether Carnival has released a certain 14-day cruise from New York to up north. I was on the Legend when it visited ice and green two years ago. I'd love to see Akureyki.

I would love for there to be a way to go from Nola to the Southern Caribbean without having to fly into or out of Puerto Rico. I am sure they could do it if they made it a 10 day cruise. I would love to see those islands but when we factor in flight and hotel, it prices the cruise out of our budget.

Edited by BigB0882

I would love for there to be a way to go from Nola to the Southern Caribbean without having to fly into or out of Puerto Rico. I am sure they could do it if they made it a 10 day cruise. I would love to see those islands but when we factor in flight and hotel, it prices the cruise out of our budget.

I would personally consider doing a journey cruise and pay 1 way airfare, you'll see more ports, and probably pay the same price as a 10 day round trip.

October 4th, 2015 11 Night, from Nola, starting at $429

Nassau, Bahamas • King's Wharf, Bermuda • Philipsburg, St. Maarten • Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas, U.S.V.I. • San Juan, Puerto Rico

January 3rd, 2016 11 Night, from Nola, starting at $669

Grand Turk Island • Aruba • Bonaire, Netherlands Special Municipality • Basseterre, St. Kitts • Antigua, West Indies • Philipsburg, St. Maarten • San Juan, Puerto Rico

April 2nd, 2016 11 Night, from Nola, starting at $699

Oranjestad, Aruba • Willemstad, Curacao • St. George's, Grenada • Bridgetown, Barbados • St. John's, Antigua • Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas, U.S.V.I. • San Juan, Puerto Rico

I would ADORE that! Mainly because I'm only about 1 1/2 hours to Lake Erie. But I think you could do like 2 7-Day Sailings that go to both sides, then run them in reverse the next week to get back to the port to start the next cruise such as---

7-Day Eastern

Montreal*

St. Lawrence River (Cruising)

Kingston

Toronto

Buffalo/Niagara Falls

Conneaut,OH

Lake Erie (Cruising)

Windsor, MI*

7-Day Western

Windsor, MI*

Lake Huron (Cruising)

Alpena, MI

Saulte Ste. Marie

Lake Huron (Cruising)

Muskegon, MI

Milwaukee, WI

Chicago, IL*

Do each sailing, then do them in reverse. So if it goes East-West, you then go West (Reverse Order)-East (Reverse Order)

*I do not know how these cruises run, but i checked some out and think this has a shot at working...

Yes! This! Though i think not stopping in Mackinac city or having a 4day to isle royal would be a crime! Teach the rest of the country how awesome the great lakes are!

Yes! This! Though i think not stopping in Mackinac city or having a 4day to isle royal would be a crime! Teach the rest of the country how awesome the great lakes are!

Isle royale is on my bucket list. This would be a fun cruise.