Silhouette 4/12 luminare

Wj420

Greeted with no embarkation lunch. They were using as michaels club lounge! Not a great welcome! Will report back. Off to bistro even at $10, rather than deal with ocean view buffet. Already informed not open all port days so check with butler. Ummmm so happy to be back though. It's all about setting expectations.

According to the executive chef the decision has already been made to only Offer brunch at sea days an only breakfast on sea days. Embarkation lunch will be modified to a light lunch.

Greeted with no embarkation lunch. They were using as michaels club lounge! Not a great welcome! Will report back. Off to bistro even at $10, rather than deal with ocean view buffet. Already informed not open all port days so check with butler. Ummmm so happy to be back though. It's all about setting expectations.

Hi Wj420,

Just curious, are you sure Bistro is $10 per person ? Last I heard, it was $7 per person.

Thanks for the update, and have a wonderful cruise !

Hi Wj420,

Just curious, are you sure Bistro is $10 per person ? Last I heard, it was $7 per person.

It is starting to switch over to $10, with a new menu. Several threads have mentioned this and have posted the new menu, which has less crepe offerings.

Ken

Hi Wj420,

Hi Andy

It was $10.00 when we were on the Silhouette March 22, but they didn't take the menu that was tested on the Summit last fall, it was great but this one was scaled way down with fewer choices. Too bad as we always liked having lunch at least once each cruise.

Hi Andy

It was $10.00 when we were on the Silhouette March 22, but they didn't take the menu that was tested on the Summit last fall, it was great but this one was scaled way down with fewer choices. Too bad as we always liked having lunch at least once each cruise.

Thanks very much to you and Ken for the updates. I'm very surprised to hear of a second increase. Curious to see what type of menu is offered on Equinox when we sail on Friday. I will report from the ship.

Unfortunately, the more I read about Luminae the more I am unimpressed. After sailing on the MSC Divina in the Yacht Club, one of the main highlights of the trip was our meals in Le Muse (the suite only restaurant). Le Muse was open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner each and every day. The quality of the food (accompanied by complimentary choice of wines) was 5 star. Almost every single meal we had there was gourmet (huge filet mignon, fresh hand made pasta, tables that are no where near each other, etc.). To hear that Luminae will not be open for lunch (as has been advertised) every day is a very big disappointment. We will be on the Summit next month and were planning on having most lunches there. Since the ship is docked in Bermuda for 3 days straight, I will be very disappointed if there is no lunch. I will certainly save judgement until I have tried the restaurant. But, I can't say I am impressed just yet!

I have to agree that not having a suite lunch and not breakfast every day is a disappointment. We are happy with MDR for breakfast on sea days and on our last Silly cruise the MDR was great for dinner also. We were in a Sky Suite and choose the MDR over Blu we had such a good waitstaff.

What is the advantage for Sky Suites over Aqua or even a balcony if there is not a suite restaurant for breakfast and lunch everyday? Also, we were looking forward especially to a quiet sit-down lunch on embarkation day! Although we enjoyed Michael's on our Connie cruise in an CS, with the beverage package, we did not use it much.

A suite on NCL has a small dining room (Cagneys) for breakfast and lunch everyday (including embarkation) and with the option of specialties for dinner, it is looking better than a Sky Suite on Celebrity and a better price than a CS.I don't like the idea of promising breakfast and lunch every day in the suite restaurant and then changing it after people have booked.

According to the executive chef the decision has already been made to only Offer brunch at sea days an only breakfast on sea days. Embarkation lunch will be modified to a light lunch.

Did you mean to say that brunch will be served on sea days and breakfast will be served on port days?

I would have been very disappointed to board and find not only no embarkation lunch offerred, but yet another price hike at Bistro on 5. Kind of a kick in the pants, if you ask me. Yet I'm not surprised that they've raised the price. It's been endlessly repeated here that the $5 cost was worth every penny to avoid the buffet. Then it was said that even at $7, most felt that the experience was well worth the cost. Celebrity is going to push the price limit until they hear loud complaints. That's when they'll know they've bit the sweet spot for pricing.

* Sorry, OP, I missed your post correcting your comment about breakfast!

Edited by thebutlerdidit

We may order from the mdr anytime dining apps and soups. They don't want the word to spread though! Lol!

Enjoyed brunch, lunch for us. The burger is as good as some have mentioned. It seems very easy to ask for a fruit plate, salad etc, if not on the menu.

We are enjoying the most pleasant atmosphere. The tables are indeed far apart and the space is lovely. Service is very good!

The new dining venue is far above the mdr experience, but will it live up to the hype?

Edited by Wj420
Mistake

WJ420,

From what you have said the brunch is for sea days. From what you are hearing, do you think for the upcoming TA we will be having brunch for all of our sea days? The no lunch on boarding day is disappointing, guess we will eat at the porch.

Aaron

I don't know how the ta will address brunch but this week it's served 10-1 and with different menus each day. With this option we are enjoying the dining room for lunch around 12:30pm because it works for us. I overheard others disappointed about breakfast on sea days as 10am is very late for them. We are enjoying a light breakfast on our balcony this trip as we don't want to spoil our appetite for lunch.

Ps: I saw the dessert cart for brunch on the summit thread the in person but oh my wait until you see the cart on formal night! Not even the actual desserts, just in addition to! It will make your inner child swoon!!

Service continues to be impressive!

We are on the transatlantic next week. Can you find out who the Cruise Director will be?

We got off yesterday and Richard Spacey was the CD. He is awesome! I believe he was staying on but others may know different.

• 2 weeks later...