Princess luggage tags

joanne2

We never put our ship tags on until we get to the destination airport.

We used to do this too, however with all the lost luggage anymore I would rather give it a better chance of reaching us should it get "lost", so we put them on before we leave home.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

If you are on a princess cruise tour with the tour first, do you need princess identification on your luggage? I know that once they start moving the luggage between lodges, they give identification to put on the suitcases.

Since we use the plastic luggage tag holders we plan to simply put the "Join me onboard ship" tag in a holder for the appropriate bag and put the "Join me tonight" tags in the plastic holders on the other bags. There are separate tags for each lodge and it will be a simple matter to put them into the plastic holders as needed. I'm not totally clear on how it works but we can easily put two tag holders on bags if we need the "regular" luggage tags in addition to the cruisetour tags.

We haven't done this yet but it seems to me this ought to work fine for us in June.

Edited by Thrak

Just doing the tags "per instructions" works great! :)

On our suitcases with 2 handles I put one I've laminated on one handle and on the other handle not laminated with the folded (as instructed) paper.

Always amazed: Both tags make it to our cabin in the same condition! :)

LuLu

Our first Princess cruise and I just printed the luggage tags. Do they really last if you put them on before your flight? I'm used to cardboard with strings or elastic. These seem like they'll be torn off before you pick up the luggage at the airport. Any advice for using them?

Buy a mini stapler. Before you head to the port from the hotel (or home if you are driving directly) fold the tags as per the instruction then use three staples per tag. I have yet to lose a tag.

Someone posted on a previous thread that they always put the tags on before leaving for the airport. On one of their cruises, the luggage got "lost". By the time they got to the ship, it was "found" and because they had the Princess tags on the luggage was in their cabin when they boarded.

I put a copy of the luggage tag on EVERYTHING. I shrink them on my printer and put one on my cell phone, tablet, camera, full size in my purse and carry-ons. Left my carry-on in the shuttle one time and it got put in with the luggage and brought to the cabin.;)

Never thought of putting them on phones and tablets. Do your use labels?

Our first Princess cruise and I just printed the luggage tags. Do they really last if you put them on before your flight? I'm used to cardboard with strings or elastic. These seem like they'll be torn off before you pick up the luggage at the airport. Any advice for using them?

Put them on your luggage AFTER you reach your destination. I just use clear packing tape and laminate them. I punch a hole at the bottom. I use zip ties to tie them to our luggage. Very sturdy.