NCL has re-written policy Re: fees AGAIN

phissy

Just read a question about the new Room Service fees being imposed.

Since the press release, I have made copies of the NCL.com policy statements regarding these.

It has been changed twice since the initial press release. I called April 3rd, and was reassured that Suites would not incur this charge.

Last week, the FAQ page on their website included the information that Suites and the Haven would not incur the charge.

It has now been changed again and Suites have been eliminated from the statement.

After paying a premium for a Suite, this is unacceptable.

NCL will only respond if we let them know this in not OK.

I just went to the Frequently asked questions and this is what is on the NCL site.

it states Haven is excluded but has an * prices subject to change

Is Norwegian Cruise Line now charging for room service?

Norwegian Cruise Line has introduced an enhanced room service menu that is debuting on board Norwegian Getaway and Norwegian Breakaway. The new menu offers an expanded selection for breakfast, in addition to a wider variety of options available 24 hours. Individual items on the menu remain available on a complimentary basis and a convenience charge of up to $7.95 will be added to each order placed (Morning coffee, continental breakfast and orders placed by guests sailing in The Haven will not attract a charge)*. Room service is one of up to 29 dining options offered across the fleet, and guests continue to be able to enjoy a wide array of complimentary choices onboard 24 hours a day.

*Prices subject to change.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=6277

(2 p.m. EDT) -- If you're ordering room service onboard Norwegian Breakaway or Getaway in the near future, you will notice a new charge. Norwegian Cruise Line is testing an enhanced room service menu on Breakaway-class ships that incurs a convenience charge of up to $7.95 per order. Room service orders by Haven and suite passengers will not be charged the convenience fee.

I included the CC link which says that suite and Haven guests will not be charged the convenience fee.

I just went to the Frequently asked questions and this is what is on the NCL site.

it states Haven is excluded but has an * prices subject to change

Is Norwegian Cruise Line now charging for room service?

Norwegian Cruise Line has introduced an enhanced room service menu that is debuting on board Norwegian Getaway and Norwegian Breakaway. The new menu offers an expanded selection for breakfast, in addition to a wider variety of options available 24 hours. Individual items on the menu remain available on a complimentary basis and a convenience charge of up to $7.95 will be added to each order placed (Morning coffee, continental breakfast and orders placed by guests sailing in The Haven will not attract a charge)*. Room service is one of up to 29 dining options offered across the fleet, and guests continue to be able to enjoy a wide array of complimentary choices onboard 24 hours a day.

*Prices subject to change.

I believe this is because, as stated, it has only been debuted on the BA and the GA which only have Haven suites. When it is rolled out to the rest of the fleet, I will certainly be paying attention to any NCL communications regarding how non-Haven suites will be handled.

Since at least for now the fees are only on the Breakaway and the Getaway where all suites are Haven suites these differences in the wording aren't of any consequence. If the room service fee is introduced on any of the older ships where not all suites are Haven suites, then obviously the wording does matter.

Just read a question about the new Room Service fees being imposed.

Since the press release, I have made copies of the NCL.com policy statements regarding these.

It has been changed twice since the initial press release. I called April 3rd, and was reassured that Suites would not incur this charge.

Last week, the FAQ page on their website included the information that Suites and the Haven would not incur the charge.

It has now been changed again and Suites have been eliminated from the statement.

After paying a premium for a Suite, this is unacceptable.

NCL will only respond if we let them know this in not OK.

Suites and Haven don't use room service. They use a butler.

The test was done on the Breakaway and the Getaway. There are only Haven on those two ships....there is no suites on them at all.

Harriet