Advice on San Juan PR hotels near Pan Amer cruise Terminal- Royal Caribbean Adventure

ajmj

Hi all. Taking Adventure of the Seas on July 4 and looking for a nice hotel in old San Juan near the port. I used to stay at Caribe Hilton-- but want to be closer to the "action" . Any advice welcome!

Hi all. Taking Adventure of the Seas on July 4 and looking for a nice hotel in old San Juan near the port. I used to stay at Caribe Hilton-- but want to be closer to the "action" . Any advice welcome!

Just making sure you know that the Pan American cruise terminal is not in Old San Juan. The closest hotel to the cruise terminal is the Sheraton Convention Center hotel. Old San Juan is a taxi ride from the Pan American cruise terminal.

Edited by clarea

Just making sure you know that the Pan American cruise terminal is not in Old San Juan. The closest hotel to the cruise terminal is the Sheraton Convention Center hotel. Old San Juan is a taxi ride from the Pan American cruise terminal.

Thanks Bob! Didn't know that. Do you recommend the Sheraton or would you chose old San Juan hotel or a resort like caribe Hilton? If we have to take taxi anyway I guess distance doesn't matter

Thanks Bob! Didn't know that. Do you recommend the Sheraton or would you chose old San Juan hotel or a resort like caribe Hilton? If we have to take taxi anyway I guess distance doesn't matter

Since you want to stay near the action, I'd stay in Old San Juan or a place like the Marriott Stellaris on the Condado. I don't have any experience with hotels in OSJ.

Check this website for local information as well as the San Juan board:

http://langland.org/cruises/sanjuan.asp

Both the Hilton and Condado are maybe a mile from the pier. Walkable on an elevated boardwalk, but pretty hot.

If you want a more beachy area, try Isla Verde (also called Carolina) area near the airport. Better beaches and fast food and around $23 to the pier by cab. The waves can be fierce near the Stellaris. Condado has a small protected beach in the inlet (and decent food). But lots of folks like staying in OSJ.

We will soon be staying at the Tres Palmas Inn which is halfway between the airport and cruise port. A fellow cc member did a review and the place looked great. It gets tons of kudos from it's past guests. Google it and check it out for yourself. You would still need to taxi to OSJ.

We will be there in three weeks....can't wait!

Marriott Stellaris is great! Well worth the cab fare to the pier on embarkation day. There's also a Sharaton in OSJ but we've never stayed there...has always been booked to capacity when we've looked.

I'll second the Marriott, very nice.

No matter where you stay, you're going to wind up taking a taxi to the port. The Sheraton is somewhat isolated but was a nice place. Good food and bar by the pool - and nice breakfast place. But if you want to run around, I'd stay near Old San Juan.

j

We're staying at El Convento in OSJ for our next cruise. We've also stayed at Hotel Milano. Milano was nice for one night but the AC was spotty. Check out Trip Advisor for reviews for lots of options.

I am a local and my recommendation is Condado Area by far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have suggestions for a nice resort hotel on the beach? We will be arriving for three days before our cruise. Thanks!

We're staying at El Convento in OSJ for our next cruise. We've also stayed at Hotel Milano. Milano was nice for one night but the AC was spotty. Check out Trip Advisor for reviews for lots of options.

We loved El Convento......

I did review on tripadvisor under my same screen name here. Lovely old convent converted to beautiful charming rooms - small bathrooms but impecably clean. Wonderful old tile floors that are shined to the perfectbrick red patina.

Very nice spot for coffee and fruit in the am overlooking a park and beautiful church.

Stayed for two nights, felt very safe where we were wandering looking for drinks and dancing.......we found several and truly enjoyed dancing the night away! At least stop in to check it out for the NEXT time you go:)

I like to stay in Isla Verde near the airport and beach. Stayed at the Courtyard Marriott in Isla right on the ocean, nice beach hammocks, beach chairs, umbrellas, some restaurants on site and big iguanas. The hotel was older but kept up. I also stayed the the Embassy Suites in Isla Verde it was very nice, has a happy hour and free breakfast. I'd do both again as I like to be near the ocean. Taxis were available at the front and not that much to get to the pier, airport, or hotels.

We have stayed at both. The caribe hilton nice but a walk from old San Juan. Sheraton Old San Juan is nice but sold out fast and couldn't get in. I stayed in another nice hotel very quaint and I will get the name on Sunday as not home. I had two rooms in 2014 very cute hotel.

I will be on the Adventure of the Seas in August. I know that the ship leaves from Pan American pier. I just booked a room for the night before at the Courtyard Miramar. Has anybody stayed there? We fly in 7:30pm. Any nearby restaurants? Also, does anybody know what time I can board the ship?

Thanks

I will be on the Adventure of the Seas in August. I know that the ship leaves from Pan American pier. I just booked a room for the night before at the Courtyard Miramar. Has anybody stayed there? We fly in 7:30pm. Any nearby restaurants? Also, does anybody know what time I can board the ship?

Thanks

We've stayed at the Courtyard Miramar several times. The hotel actually has a decent restaurant. There's another restaurant a couple of blocks away, but we have not tried it. We usually take a taxi to OSJ and eat there.

The ship usually starts boarding sometime between 11 and noon.

Edited by clarea

The Sheraton Old San Juan is a nice hotel, we stayed there the first time we cruised out of San Juan. We've tried to book it every year since and they always want two nights, we haven't been able to reserve for one night. If you're looking to be near "the action" you should try to find another place in Old San Juan. We've always stayed outside Old San Juan and paid for a taxi ($20 each way) to take us there. We've stayed in Condado and liked that area but there's not quite as much to do as in Old San Juan. We've also stayed in Isla Verde and there's not as much "action" there either.

Thanks for all the replies! We may stay at the Sheraton OSJ for the Stanwood points, and because it is a lot cheaper than the Caribe Holton. Nice to know there are so many options, and helpful advice on this site:D

We loved El Convento......

I did review on tripadvisor under my same screen name here. Lovely old convent converted to beautiful charming rooms - small bathrooms but impecably clean. Wonderful old tile floors that are shined to the perfectbrick red patina.

Very nice spot for coffee and fruit in the am overlooking a park and beautiful church.

Stayed for two nights, felt very safe where we were wandering looking for drinks and dancing.......we found several and truly enjoyed dancing the night away! At least stop in to check it out for the NEXT time you go:)

Thanks...we are staying there pre-cruise this summer...a little pricey, but this is our vacation.....stopped there once as part of a walking tour...we can't wait!

We did our research, and there are plenty of good hotels to fit within everyone' budget....it all depends upon what ou are looking for....on the beach, in the heart of old San Jaun, next to the airport or within view of the port.

After cruise we are staying at the mariott, a day to enjoy ourselves within a resort on the beach before heading to the airport the next day.

Edited by B-52