"Im Breezy" an 8day Southern Caribbean Carnival Breeze trip report w/lots of pics

anewmac

Loving your review! Thanks!

I used to love South Beach but these outrageous prices are exactly why we no longer go.

We live in South Florida (Broward County) and are accustomed to touristy prices but South Beach prices are now outright ridiculous for less-than-quality food and beverages. I mean, $19 for a virgin smoothie and $18 for a quesadilla with barely any cheese by the look of it!

Great to experience once, I suppose, but otherwise there are better places for less $$$.

Looking forward to the rest of your review!

Yes, exactly our thoughts. We did it once, and thats ENOUGH. If anything we will rent a bike and just lay out on the beach.

OH but ya the quesadilla had cheese, but hardly any chicken either way, still not $18 worth lol!

** sorry for the delay, I did a lot of editing of pics since the camera was sober lol**

*** also hope everyone had a happy and safe 4th of July ***

Todays was the 2nd saddest day of all... last sea day.

jaor6M9e5rvmNeIiIPuXKnafN6vIHHgVw9w9mU2S0rHX=w1038-h584-no

I knew I wanted to take pics of the ship as I hadnt all cruise yet. Usually I do it the 1st sea day, but this cruise I was really all about enjoying the moment. Its the least amount of pics I have ever taken.

Last%2BSea%2BDay1.jpg

Per usu, I was up at the crack of booty dressed and ready before coffee came... last room service.

Last%2BSea%2BDay2.jpg

I sat on the balcony catching our last sunrise at sea drinking my Rumchatta. Once I was awake enough to take pics, off I went.

pGPsxmj3vDKYtAJ0h40sQyUc2nUx90UUAhrGg6N0GXpg=w887-h591-no

On the Freedom the boys played chess a few times, I asked this time if they did and they said no. None of their friends knew how, and the 2 of them never met up to play. There is another one on the Promenade deck too off port side.

IMG_1111.JPG

Trying to be artsy

ggS_66cv_9zdEcSzkNpaFwuENM3PXczSizytuGSV_mwA=w394-h591-no

**CONTINUED ON NEXT POST**

Edited by anewmac

Didnt play one round of mini golf with the kids this time, but they played a lot with their friends they stated. Our cruise thread had a tournament going on later today, but we ended up bypassing it since well the kids kept ditching us, and E and I were just relaxing at that time.

M6ulmQAHf72ggT86Cfeb5q213hKEXj6XNYZ_x-fQsurO=w887-h591-no

The Famous Funnel

4GnnbXuFsS1_G2RilK8JyNAaYsoY93wlK-3a6uvcO890=w887-h591-no

Wintergreen or Mint... Get it lifesaver..lol

DBkYqYEKgPHsTiPuT38fa3ZS0ILp2UiV22NdNLEnKsU5=w394-h591-no

Aft pool and the pretty wake.

hEdAQweqMMeWApiCo1JFs3uhW-gtyeJc6uIq7ffOyJao=w394-h591-no

Open deck chairs for miles

6TKK6jDsnyp0vlZTCscdbczMRgrTKg8-GcVbnRy51Gnz=w394-h591-no

Love the bright colors over the ugly green slides on the older ships.

BPTUdioqKT5gaC0sG5IcTdO-N9JQw2hm_VFbIcubQrYy=w887-h591-no

Such a pretty sight

GtlopmU82kIjp1VrNObpaqvGW0TxO6V2QFwQfAxl3dT1=w887-h591-no

Didnt make my way to Serenity once, our last cruise on the Freedom, they played a VERY adult game up there one night. It was a blast by the bar, people yelling body parts over and over answering trivia to try and win a ship on a stick, and a bottle of champagne.

IMG_1126.JPG

As I was walking around taking pics I noticed a few towels but not many starting to chair hog. But towards the end there was 1 guy in his robe asleep on one of the clam shells. I was trying to figure out if he had been there from last night or early this morning claiming his space. I sooo wanted to take a pic of him but he woke up as soon as I walked past him.

x4nm9Gayyfsegdw_MxZ4N6B-zoVCm7AZfHhn9d0dEF5h=w394-h591-no

Front of the ship

6HwlfstUKz8Odj38npULFfku_JmadvPfV3oI2Qxfxvqf=w394-h591-no

Oh man chair hoggers are already out and in full effect.

IMG_1134.JPG

Guess it is too early for a drink.

IMG_1135.JPG

But it's 5 o'clock somewhere!

IMG_1136.JPG

Breakfast was almost set up.

6Nt2zvJjYq0APoZGdigfMLq4_Z27CxivkyBRfzWUOX5O=w887-h591-no

Loved the salsa bar.

IMG_1140.JPG

I could go for a Guys Burger right now.

IMG_1141.JPG

Love the Toppings Bar too!

IMG_1142.JPG

Wow, no line.. oh thats cuz its not open. Seriously they always had a line wrapped around the pool it seemed.

HPS83Z2a5w0EKKoAnXVLTghoN5nO1tpQqi5x3ZWgqrjX=w887-h591-no

3 out of 4 of us like the Pig Patty, the other 1 likes The Ringer.

mXW394rM97bDRnZAsf7c97n6qnFjGEL71_TfR5S8dIy3=w478-h590-no

You can even pretend your a giant with a mini funnel LOL.

20150404_070440.jpg

The thing right above me is the web cam... I kept meaning to post on FB and tell people to look for me doing the wobble or cha cha slide. But was always knee deep in a line dance.

20150404_072254.jpg

I went back to the room to change as I wanted to worship the sun gods a bit more. You know you have to go back to work with a tan so everyone asks where you went LOL.

160hOA5wQI_O33PcG9NRRJ9rxgWkQVfGpAhbFfpnI-d9=w887-h591-no

So I changed into my suit and left the guys.. SNOOZING! While I continued cruising...

20150404_075541.jpg

Next Up: Need To Check Things Off My Photo Bucket List.

3 out of 4 of us like the Pig Patty, the other 1 likes The Ringer.

mXW394rM97bDRnZAsf7c97n6qnFjGEL71_TfR5S8dIy3=w478-h590-no

You can even pretend your a giant with a mini funnel LOL.

20150404_070440.jpg

The thing right above me is the web cam... I kept meaning to post on FB and tell people to look for me doing the wobble or cha cha slide. But was always knee deep in a line dance.

20150404_072254.jpg

I went back to the room to change as I wanted to worship the sun gods a bit more. You know you have to go back to work with a tan so everyone asks where you went LOL.

160hOA5wQI_O33PcG9NRRJ9rxgWkQVfGpAhbFfpnI-d9=w887-h591-no

So I changed into my suit and left the guys.. SNOOZING! While I continued cruising...

20150404_075541.jpg

Next Up: Need To Check Things Off My Photo Bucket List.

This is a cute picture they are completely out!!!

New to this forum, but was looking for reviews on the Breeze as we are cruising - first time ever - next August!

Anyway, your trip report is AWESOME! Thank you so much for a detailed review - I feel more ready reading this report than from anything I have read anywhere else!

PS - I am also an Andrea, with 2 boys :) And, I adore beer, beaches, and rum. :D

Tonights episode of Friends on TV LAND.... No ones ready.

Im saying all the lines, the boys think I need a life.... Hmm Probably!

Immm Breeeezzzyy!!!

FYI, yes Ive been drinking! Happy Friday yalL!

AHHH I can feel the sea breeze on my face just by looking at your pictures. beautiful! reliving my trip on the Breeze:)

This is another reason why I write this.. eventually wen Im done with my report (hopefully this year LOL) I'll send the boys the link and they will read it and get to relive our fun times.

This is a cute picture they are completely out!!!

Sadly I see this picture a lot in real life too. Ugg Teenagers and a grandpa lol. Good thing they are cute!

One thing I love about a cruise, they give you the best sleep ever. Rock a Bye Baby!!! LOL

True they do. Sometimes I wish I could sleep the day away like them and really relax on a cruise. Instead of my go go go mentality. But I dont want to miss a moment. Figure I can sleep when I get home!

New to this forum' date=' but was looking for reviews on the Breeze as we are cruising - first time ever - next August!

Oh how fun! You will enjoy her, she's a fun ship!

Anyway, your trip report is AWESOME! Thank you so much for a detailed review - I feel more ready reading this report than from anything I have read anywhere else!

I dont know about detailed, have you read Gambee's review and his pics are really good! But thank you!

PS - I am also an Andrea, with 2 boys :) And, I adore beer, beaches, and rum. :D

SHUT UP, my twin! I just told hubby this. His reply, "So I have a spare in case something happens to you?!" lol

I apologize for the outlandish charges from South Beach! All of FL is not like that!

I can't wait to get back to finish reading your trip report! It is very enjoyable!

HAHA, well thank you I appreciate that lol. Ya we've been to other places in Fl and its comparable to Ca. With anything they get you in those tourist area's. That darn rat in Orlando and here in Anaheim gets us every time too! lol

I have the next part ready to go, unfortunately I have to get ready for the dentist... be back soon all numbed up ready to finish our last sea day lol.

SHUT UP, my twin! I just told hubby this. His reply, "So I have a spare in case something happen to you?!" lol

Ooohh...one MORE coincidence - we have the exact same state room booked! Ha ha ha! Totally an awesome coincidence!

My thought is that it must be meant to be that my family go on a cruise...we have been hemming and hawing about it for years, but decided to finally just do it. First trip report I read is yours...must be a sign!

I don't want it to end!! Lol seriously I have throughly enjoyed your review! My family and I are sailing next week and I picked up a bottle of Rumchatta last night thanks to your review lol never had it so I can't wait to try it 😊

Lol aww your too cute. I think that's what has taken me long to finish it too. I don't want it to end either, then I'll have to focus on dish, the laundry, cleaning the house etc lol.

You will love Rumchatta, ive heard people say they do shots of that with Fireball... I still can't bring myself to try it just for the simple fact I don't want it to ruin the taste of rumchatta in my coffee.

Ooohh...one MORE coincidence - we have the exact same state room booked! Ha ha ha! Totally an awesome coincidence!

My thought is that it must be meant to be that my family go on a cruise...we have been hemming and hawing about it for years' date=' but decided to finally just do it. First trip report I read is yours...must be a sign![/quote']

Omg too funny about the cabin#. Becareful once you cruise it's hard not to get hooked and want to keep doing it. I'm trying to figure out a way I can do it as a job now lol

DH and I will be sailing on the Breeze the week of Thanksgiving on our 36th cruise, 25th on Carnival, but 1st time on the Breeze. Thank you for giving us a heads up on what to expect. Looks wonderful and can't wait.

Omg too funny about the cabin#. Becareful once you cruise it's hard not to get hooked and want to keep doing it. I'm trying to figure out a way I can do it as a job now lol

Me, too! Well, travel as my job. I went to school to be a TA, but it never amounted to much. I am looking back into it these days!

I am excited and I hope we DO get hooked - opens up so many travel doors for us! Kind of stuck in a rut lately!

But it's 5 o'clock somewhere!

IMG_1136.JPG

Breakfast was almost set up.

6Nt2zvJjYq0APoZGdigfMLq4_Z27CxivkyBRfzWUOX5O=w887-h591-no

Loved the salsa bar.

IMG_1140.JPG

I could go for a Guys Burger right now.

IMG_1141.JPG

Love the Toppings Bar too!

IMG_1142.JPG

Wow, no line.. oh thats cuz its not open. Seriously they always had a line wrapped around the pool it seemed.

HPS83Z2a5w0EKKoAnXVLTghoN5nO1tpQqi5x3ZWgqrjX=w887-h591-no

We will be on the Breeze for Thanksgiving this year and I am debating the drink package. Did you buy it? We are "those" people too. I buy my fair share of adult beverages while onboard so I don't feel bad for smuggling on just a bit to supplement. I am thinking that the drink package may not be a good idea for us because of having 4 ports and being off of the ship so much.

We are surprising our boys with the Super Bowl Sunday cruise next year. Reading this makes me even more excited! Our boys are only 7 and 10 so they won't be on their own so much yet. I can't wait!

How/where did you pack your rum runners?

anewmac sounds like are family's have a lot in common we have two boys and love to cruise also we usually cruise Rccl we are platinum with Rccl but this is only our second with Carnival but wanted to see the southern Caribbean until now rccl did not go to the southern however we were already booked when they announced they were planning southern trips in 2015:cool:

DH and I will be sailing on the Breeze the week of Thanksgiving on our 36th cruise, 25th on Carnival, but 1st time on the Breeze. Thank you for giving us a heads up on what to expect. Looks wonderful and can't wait.

WOW 36th cruise that is awesome! Your my hero! Happy early Anniversary!

Me' date=' too! Well, travel as my job. I went to school to be a TA, but it never amounted to much. I am looking back into it these days!

I am excited and I hope we DO get hooked - opens up so many travel doors for us! Kind of stuck in a rut lately![/quote']

Ive always wondered how to get into the travel agent business.

We will be on the Breeze for Thanksgiving this year and I am debating the drink package. Did you buy it? We are "those" people too. I buy my fair share of adult beverages while onboard so I don't feel bad for smuggling on just a bit to supplement. I am thinking that the drink package may not be a good idea for us because of having 4 ports and being off of the ship so much.

Wow lots of Breezing thru TurkeyDay sailors! Ya we didnt do the drink package for 2 reasons, 1 like you mentioned the multiple ports would make it hard to get my moneys worth those days. 2)both of us would have to get it and E would never be able to drink enough to justify it.. and I dont think I would drink his share too lol.

We are surprising our boys with the Super Bowl Sunday cruise next year. Reading this makes me even more excited! Our boys are only 7 and 10 so they won't be on their own so much yet. I can't wait!

How/where did you pack your rum runners?

Oh those are great ages to cruise with. My boys were 10 and 6 on their 1st one. Its even better when they are that age since they really arent on their own much your able to relax more.

Rum runners I have always put in a ziplock baggy inside our shoes near the wheels and in our hygiene bag. Good Luck!