14 night Carnival Pride An Ode to the "Old" Menus

meatloafsfan

Lunch Dessert

Dessert was pretty much a miss.

Believe it or not, this was supposed to be "Gingerbread cake":

Carnival%20Pride%202015%20532.jpg

And this was apple cake:

Carnival%20Pride%202015%20533.jpg

My dad was the winner for dessert because he ordered a banana split, though he was very disappointed because it arrived almost completely melted.

Carnival%20Pride%202015%20534.jpg

Tonight was the 1 night of rough seas so I didn't make it to dinner. My parents did though and the servers took great care of them.

I'm guessing they had shrimps or spring rolls for appetizers since there is no picture.

For entrees or maybe an appetizer portion, there is a stroganoff with broad noodles.

Carnival%20Pride%202015%20537.jpg

And both my parents had prime rib:

My dads:

Carnival%20Pride%202015%20540.jpg

My mom's:

Carnival%20Pride%202015%20542.jpg

One of the servers cut it up for her since I wasn't there. :p

Dessert was strawberries 3 ways:

Carnival%20Pride%202015%20544.jpg

Carnival%20Pride%202015%20545.jpg

Which again is funny. How could all of the strawberries be bad a few nights ago but every night since there was strawberries somewhere on the menu? I think it would be better to be honest and just say, "Sorry, that's not available tonight" than to make up a lie. Especially one that gets shown up night after night.

Green eggs and ham breakfast.

We tried the Dr. Seuss breakfast. It was a cute experience and worth the $5 a person; As 3 adults I doubt we'll do it again.

Carnival%20Pride%202015%20567.jpg

My mom and I both started with the yogurt parfait. This wasn't the one I was hoping for. When we came in, we could see 2 different ones - this one which is yogurt and gel. I was hoping for the one that was yogurt, granola and strawberries. But, c'est la vie!

Carnival%20Pride%202015%20571.jpg

My mom went with the actual green eggs and ham:

Carnival%20Pride%202015%20577.jpg

While both my dad and I went for the steak and eggs:

Carnival%20Pride%202015%20578.jpg

My dad also ordered the pancakes:

Carnival%20Pride%202015%20579.jpg

But the money's worth it for kids or kids at heart.

Carnival%20Pride%202015%20580.jpg

the Seuss breakfast was good but we were hungry for lunch so decided to hit up the sea day brunch because we were all craving some macaroni and cheese.

Today's version wasn't that good - it was mostly white cream sauce with little cheese.

We tried all 3 versions - with bacon, with fried chicken and with steak.

Carnival%20Pride%202015%20597.jpg

Carnival%20Pride%202015%20598.jpg

Carnival%20Pride%202015%20599.jpg

I really can't recommend the one with fried chicken - it was just a single overdone chicken tender.

My dad also asked for a pork chop - no sides, just the chop

Carnival%20Pride%202015%20600.jpg

We all enjoyed the banana cream pie for dessert

Carnival%20Pride%202015%20601.jpg

So glad you are continuing on with this! Can you tell me if the Burrittos are available in a bowl like Chipotle? Or should we just get it in the tortilla and unfold it?

I didn't see this as an option. You might have to go over and get a bowl from the buffet area to have them do this. If you get a burrito, it's easy enough to open up at the toppings bar and add in more of what you like (various salsas, hot sauce, more lettuce, tomatoes, etc).

I agree with a previous poster that this should have come with a warning. I love food and I love traveling. This post is great for both. Thanks! Looks like the food posted today didn't really wow you... I am hoping it turned around.

I think sometimes after having such consistently good food, you really notice the mediocre which is what happened about day 10-11.

Lunch in the MDR was kind of hit or miss - either a menu where it was difficult to choose or a menu where it was more elimination (I know I don't want x, y or z so I guess it's w).

The last lunch menu we experienced (coming up) was one of the best.

So lucky dinner number 13:

It started on a low note. Both my mom and I ordered the corn chowder (which I've had in the past and really enjoyed). This version was very similar to cream corn. Not what I expected and not really enjoyable (unless you're a big fan of eating a bowl of cream corn).

Carnival%20Pride%202015%20605.jpg

I asked for the other soup on the menu - the cream of broccoli. This was outstanding. Not only was it piping hot, but it was rich and creamy, strong broccoli taste, and smooth as silk. So, so good.

Carnival%20Pride%202015%20608.jpg

My mom also ordered the eggplant appetizer. She enjoyed this because it was "different".

Carnival%20Pride%202015%20606.jpg

Entrees were consistently good tonight.

My mom ordered the shrimp:

Carnival%20Pride%202015%20609.jpg

and the fried chicken to share with my dad:

Carnival%20Pride%202015%20612.jpg

My dad the chateaubriand:

Carnival%20Pride%202015%20611.jpg

And I went with the spanakopita and stuffed pepper:

Carnival%20Pride%202015%20610.jpg

All solid choices depending on what you're feeling like. I liked the stuffed pepper because it was a nice, light couscous filling. The spanakopita was very flaky and had an excellent spinach filling.

Edited by meatloafsfan

Dessert tonight was a warm chocolate melting cake for me with 2 scoops of butter pecan ice cream (you can see that it's light brown with lots of nuts - again makes you wonder what my mom was served on night 1).

Carnival%20Pride%202015%20613.jpg

And my dad received officially the worst banana split of the cruise. It was almost completely melted and the banana was mushy and over ripe.

Carnival%20Pride%202015%20614.jpg

Our last MDR lunch.

For appetizer my dad had another garden salad but asked for extra tomatoes:

Carnival%20Pride%202015%20623.jpg

My mom went with the cream of spinach soup. She really enjoyed this. It was very spinach-y and creamy.

Carnival%20Pride%202015%20624.jpg

All 3 of us ordered the chicken parmesan. The pasta was perfectly cooked, the sauce was light and full of diced tomatoes (not pasty) and the chicken was a full breast, pressed, breaded and covered with cheese. So, so, good.

Carnival%20Pride%202015%20625.jpg

I also ordered the Philly cheesesteak (mainly because I really felt like fries and wanted to see what the cruise version of this would be like). It was mostly bread but the peppers, onion, and beef were tasty. I really enjoyed the fries with the cheese sauce on the side.

Carnival%20Pride%202015%20626.jpg

Night number 14

For our last night we wanted to make certain to hit the MDR and enjoy one last night of wonderful service from our 3 member team.

Appetizers were again consistently good.

Sweet potato soup:

Carnival%20Pride%202015%20630.jpg

It was very rich and creamy.

Frog legs:

Carnival%20Pride%202015%20631.jpg

I like frog legs. The first time I ordered them I had difficulty eating them because, well, they look like legs. On Celebrity, they are served breaded and look a little less like legs. Once I got past that and realized I like the taste, it's now easier to eat them.

And arugula and mint salad:

Carnival%20Pride%202015%20632.jpg

My dad ordered his 2 shrimp cocktails and my mom skipped appetizers since she wanted 2 entrees (yes, all 3 of those appetizers were mine!)

For entrees my mom wanted both the fried chicken and the eggplant parm.

Carnival%20Pride%202015%20633.jpg

Carnival%20Pride%202015%20636.jpg

My dad had the shrimp and fries:

Carnival%20Pride%202015%20634.jpg

And we both had an order of the BMC (bacon macaroni and cheese) - Ordered with no chicken breast.

Carnival%20Pride%202015%20635.jpg

For our last desserts we enjoyed so favourites and some new stuff.

My mom had the cappuccino pie

Carnival%20Pride%202015%20637.jpg

I had both a warm melting cake and a grand marnier soufflé. Unfortunately, the soufflé was over done and not as good as I've had in the past.

Carnival%20Pride%202015%20638.jpg

And of course, my dad finished off the week with one last banana split.

Carnival%20Pride%202015%20639.jpg

And that's it! 14 nights of dining on the Carnival Pride.

Can't wait for the 21 night in January 2016. I'll be back then with more food photos!

So glad you are continuing on with this! Can you tell me if the Burrittos are available in a bowl like Chipotle? Or should we just get it in the tortilla and unfold it?

No bowls they will add what ever you want to it. For the extra sauce you unwarp at the fixin's bar. Honestly they have tons of stuff to fill it with and I never needed to go to fixin's.

Also be sure to try the BREAKFAST burrito it was amazzzzzzing :D

Enjoy your trip I know we did