any news on explorer?

Can any one help. We've paid our final balance and completed the online check in but it says not able to print sea passes. When should these be available to print

Karen

Once documents are issued.... then you should be able to print off luggage tags as well as the Set Sail Pass. Won't be until much closer to your cruise.

We loved the Explorer on our month a year ago, doing Canada New Eng. B2B and 5 day Bermuda following them.:)

Hi, can anyone please confirm if there is cider available on the drinks package? The last two cruises we did from Southampton sold Strongbow. I cannot see it on the drinks menu picture this time though.

Many thanks.

Hi, can anyone please confirm if there is cider available on the drinks package? The last two cruises we did from Southampton sold Strongbow. I cannot see it on the drinks menu picture this time though.

Many thanks.

We saw Strongbow on Liberty last month. It was included with the Select, Premium, and Ultimate packages.

I have an 18 yr old and 14 yr old and we have the same problem. Definately not kids club fans. Our first cruise too. It's a huge learning curve

Karen

When I was on Explorer last summer with my 13yo nephew, the teen program isn't the same as Adventure Ocean (kids club). They have a teen club as a meeting point I believe it had an X box and a Freestyle machine. The teens actually have their own cruise compass for activities that range from teen climbs on the rock wall, teen dodge ball on the basketball court, scavenger hunts around the ship and their own dances and meet and greets with crew acting as hosts.

We left Bermuda early due to a hurricane and he got to spend 2 days with the friends he made there, he says it was the best cruise yet. Long story short they should give the teen activities in the compass a try.

Jayne I think you have to pay the full amount if you want a wine that's not on the package...the alternative is to upgrade your package...the next pack up is an extra $15 per day. I have this wine quandary also!

Thanks cawi78. That seems a little cheeky doesn't it! I might have another look at the drinks list for the next level up to see what the difference is....partial to a wee cocktail and if it covers those I could be tempted to upgrade as it would be worth it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jayne I think you have to pay the full amount if you want a wine that's not on the package...the alternative is to upgrade your package...the next pack up is an extra $15 per day. I have this wine quandary also!

You only have to pay the difference for glasses of wine that exceed the package limit.

Thanks cawi78. That seems a little cheeky doesn't it! I might have another look at the drinks list for the next level up to see what the difference is....partial to a wee cocktail and if it covers those I could be tempted to upgrade as it would be worth it!

The premium package includes some nicer wines (and better variety), spirits and cocktails....essentially means if If you're going to buy one cocktail a day you may as well upgrade....oh alright then! Claire

The premium package includes some nicer wines (and better variety), spirits and cocktails....essentially means if If you're going to buy one cocktail a day you may as well upgrade....oh alright then! Claire

I'm liking your thinking there Claire!

You only have to pay the difference for glasses of wine that exceed the package limit.

Sorry Clarea, just saw your post....had another rummage on the royal Caribbean website and found this which confirms you pay the difference (although I might still upgrade as I can hear the ice clinking in my Mohito)!!!

Q If a Guest has purchased a particular package, can they pay the difference in price from their package limit if they want to order a higher priced drink?

A. Yes, a Guest only pays the difference between the 2 prices for a higher priced item. Example, on the Premium package brandy is covered up to $10, if the guest orders a brandy that is listed at $14 they will only pay the additional $4.

hi all we are traveling on the explorer for the first time in august .there are 6 of us 2 adults 4 kids age 17,13,12,9 the kids are not into kids clubs what sort of other things can they do onboard . any advise would be helpful cheers :)

We have two kids and every holiday we went on they wouldn't go near the kids club however when we went on the cruise we couldn't keep them out! They really enjoyed it and I have to say we hardly saw them at all (does that make me a bad mother for enjoying the peace and quiet!?). My two are 15 and 12 and they both can't wait to see who they will meet. I am sure yours will love it and be checking the time against their cruise compass to check they don't miss anything! The only thing they are not looking forward to is getting off the ship at the ports lol!

We have two kids and every holiday we went on they wouldn't go near the kids club however when we went on the cruise we couldn't keep them out! They really enjoyed it and I have to say we hardly saw them at all (does that make me a bad mother for enjoying the peace and quiet!?). My two are 15 and 12 and they both can't wait to see who they will meet. I am sure yours will love it and be checking the time against their cruise compass to check they don't miss anything! The only thing they are not looking forward to is getting off the ship at the ports lol!

thanks for the info im sure they will enjoy it as will I enjoy the peace lol :D

Hi Nik

This is all new to me. My first cruise and my daughters are eager to find out about wifi on the ship. I keep telling them they won't need it as there will be so much to do but they are still pestering me to find out. Is there an Internet cafe ? Do you know how much it costs for wifi. Thanks Deb

Hi Nik

This is all new to me. My first cruise and my daughters are eager to find out about wifi on the ship. I keep telling them they won't need it as there will be so much to do but they are still pestering me to find out. Is there an Internet cafe ? Do you know how much it costs for wifi. Thanks Deb

WiFi is expensive on the ship. If they really desperate they can always head to McDonald's on port days for free good WiFi like all the crew do.

There's so much going on anyway onboard they won't miss it.

Regards Warwick

Hi Nik

Internet costs will make your eyes water.

If they/you have mobiles then get them setup(data, calls and text) before you leave, at sea if you connect to the ship cell you won't be able to afford another cruise if they do auto data syncs.

depending on route a 3 PAYG sim with "feel at home" may be a good option.

Giovannis chocolate cake is to die for and as I cannot usually manage it after eating all the food before dessert so I have a piece to go.

Beautiful the next day sitting on the balcony with a cup of tea and that lushus cake.

We are looking to share a taxi ride from Heathrow Airport on Sept.18 to Southampton Cruise port. Traveling on "Explorer of The Seas". Arriving LHR @ 7:40 AM. We have used "Smiths for Airport" in the past and they were very good.

Robert. :)