Perry is leaving

wvufan

I have never heard of him or seen him on any of my many Celebrity cruises, so I Googled him out of curiosity and, wow, listening to him is like waiting for death in a retirement home. Glad I won't have to worry about running across him on any future cruises. And people are talking about cancelling their Celebrity cruises to follow him around?? My goodness!

Michael

Unfortunately I have been on a couple of cruises where he has been on... Also joining the eclipse next week so I guess I'll have to try and avoid it one last cruise...

You're thoughts did make me laugh and I agree completely...

Fingers crossed he doesn't like the fjords and takes a week off!! [emoji23]

• 5 months later...

I learned today that Perry will move to Crystal after his gig on Princess. He'll be on Crystal Serenity May 22 to August 6, 2016. The Avenue Saloon on Crystal will be a perfect environment for him IMO. It probably resembles Michael's Club (when it was still a public venue) better than any other venue.

Wishing Perry continued success..... ;)

http://perrygrant.com/schedules-shop.php

I wonder how this will affect pricing on Eclipse sailings.

I've been watching the pricing of transatlantic sailings for the last couple of years as this is something we still want to try-we just haven't found a sailing yet where the dates work exactly for us.

I've noticed that transatlantic sailings on Eclipse seem to command a much higher price than that of the other Celebrity transatlantic sailings.

And whilst I recall that the other transatlantic sailings have big price drops as the sail date approached, I don't recall seeing this with Eclipse. If my memory serves me correctly, there were some categories that even sold out early.

I don't know if this is purely down to the itinerary (I recall Eclipse calling at New York on one of her transatlantic crossings whereas Equinox & Silhouette took a more southerly Caribbean route) or if this is due to Eclipse beginning or ending her transatlantic sailings at Southampton as opposed to Barcelona or Rome.

But I am also aware from reading these boards, that Perry usually has a large group of fans on transatlantic sailings who book early.

I am sure this would have an impact on pricing and think that it will be interesting to see what affect Perry's departure will have on Eclipse pricing.

There is a travel agency out of New york that markets to GLBT cruisers and they typically have a large group on the Eclipse crossings every year, so that could be part of the reason for the higher pricing.

You'd better like the thump, thump, thump of techno music constantly if you are planning to continue to sail Celebrity...at least until they realize that isn't working either.

LOVE "thump thump thump" music - returning to Celebrity after a good few years cruising on other lines and so relieved they have moved into the 21st century.

Princess is welcome to Perry (and yes we have endured him on Constellation in 2008) his style is not "modern luxury" as far as I personally am concerned.

Out with the old and in with the new. Bring on the Techno DJs and House music - hoping for a "Nikki Beach Miami Style" ambience - keep it coming Celebrity! We are your future!

I have never heard of him or seen him on any of my many Celebrity cruises, so I Googled him out of curiosity and, wow, listening to him is like waiting for death in a retirement home. Glad I won't have to worry about running across him on any future cruises. And people are talking about cancelling their Celebrity cruises to follow him around?? My goodness!

Michael

Indeed! :D

Believe you me - you are better off not seeing or hearing the live version :eek:

Unfortunately I have been on a couple of cruises where he has been on... Also joining the eclipse next week so I guess I'll have to try and avoid it one last cruise...

You're thoughts did make me laugh and I agree completely...

Fingers crossed he doesn't like the fjords and takes a week off!! [emoji23]

And another :D

Still - have a fabulous cruise! Bon Voyage!