Perry is leaving

wvufan

Wow. That is really sad. How does someone get a degree in naval architecture or whatever, and then come up with a design like that? Karen's post gives me a bit of hope in that other things might be great, but we'll be on the Royal in September, so we'll see for ourselves. I'm 6'5" so the balcony will be an experience. The changes on several of the other Princess ships have not been to my liking, either, so it may be that Bosox and Princess will be parting company after 25 cruises and 29 years. Hope not.

Wow - 6'5" might be tough on that balcony. I'm 5'4" and my husband is "only" 6'. Have you checked about getting one of the larger balconies under the Skywalk or Seaview Bar?

Again, you will LOVE Alfredos and all of the life and entertainment in the beautiful huge Piazza.

Wow. That is really sad. How does someone get a degree in naval architecture or whatever, and then come up with a design like that?

That is one sad balcony. I could not sit there after coming back from the buffet. Definitely not able to at the end of the cruise.

Maybe Perry could have a farewell tour like others have.

I wish Perry great success with Princess. One evening he mentioned that his feelings get hurt, like everyone, when people rip him apart on these boards. I felt for him, he isn't mean spirited, and I actually think he has a big heart!

I also understand from a passengers view, so many people are repeat cruisers on Eclipse, and before that, the Constellation, and his material is a bit dated. I know I can't listen anymore to how many bedrooms someone has in their home and if they have an ensuite, and do they have granite countertops - by gosh, someone tell him that granite is out and Quartz is in!

Change is good and it's healthy, I wish Perry the best and I am sure if it doesn't work out, there will be a spot for him again on Celebrity.

Hi Karen,

While I cannot confirm this, I believe your above comment may have factored in the decision. Frankly, I do not think it's about money, but more about not being appreciated as much as one would hope for.... and, for being constantly shuffled around the ship. Last I heard, Perry was being moved yet again, to Celebrity Central, and I'm wondering if this latest move was part of the equation.

At any rate, Perry has created so many wonderful memories for us at Celebrity, so it's sad to see Perry leave.... but as long as he's happy ? He will have many fans (myself included) supporting his decision.

Our family wishes Perry all the best of success at Princess.

Celebrity Central would have been a good move compared to Cellermasters and Sky Lounge. I guess he wants a real piano bar. Assuming that they put him in Piano Bar on Princess then he is probably making a good change for his act. I am not a fan of Perry's act but a piano bar is the best type of venue for his style of performance.

I have never sailed Celebrity although I do have 2 cruises booked with them. Basically, I have no cruise line loyalty and I pick the itinerary and then the ship. This is probably the reason that I had never heard of Perry so I went onto his WEB site to check him out.

I guess that he is OK but I certainly would not loose any sleep if he was not on my cruises(s) and I certainly would never even think of switching my cruise line loyalty of which I have none because an entertainer left.

DON

I have never sailed Celebrity although I do have 2 cruises booked with them. Basically, I have no cruise line loyalty and I pick the itinerary and then the ship. This is probably the reason that I had never heard of Perry so I went onto his WEB site to check him out.

I guess that he is OK but I certainly would not loose any sleep if he was not on my cruises(s) and I certainly would never even think of switching my cruise line loyalty of which I have none because an entertainer left.

DON

We did the same for our upcoming cruise in November, have to say we found his show slightly cringworthy and pretty dated. I guess if you have enjoyed him for a good few years you build up a loyally and you don't want to see the guys feelings hurt. But for us, a couple in our 40/50s who enjoy the bigger production shows it's probably not for us anyway. Good luck to the guy I wish him well.

Sorry, a little off topic, but are the Royal Princess balconies the same size for those cabins that hold 4 persons too? If so, I can't imagine fitting 4 people in such a small space - the joke with the 'mini car' comes to mind :rolleyes:.

Hope Perry does well on Princess, though.

Edited by villauk

Sorry, a little off topic, but are the Royal Princess balconies the same size for those cabins that hold 4 persons too? If so, I can't imagine fitting 4 people in such a small space - the joke with the 'mini car' comes to mind :rolleyes:.

Hope Perry does well on Princess, though.

Yes, all balconies the same size but I've read some under the walkway and aft are larger

Saw Perry last year for the first time. He was great the 1st show, went back for a 2nd night and the show was identical and somewhat entertaining. However, after 2 shows we had enough of Perry's humor and really can't understand his following but everyone is different.

Just cancelled three Eclipse cruises, didn't like sailing out of Miami anyway now won't have to. Will be booking Princess to see him

I wonder how this will affect pricing on Eclipse sailings.

I've been watching the pricing of transatlantic sailings for the last couple of years as this is something we still want to try-we just haven't found a sailing yet where the dates work exactly for us.

I've noticed that transatlantic sailings on Eclipse seem to command a much higher price than that of the other Celebrity transatlantic sailings.

And whilst I recall that the other transatlantic sailings have big price drops as the sail date approached, I don't recall seeing this with Eclipse. If my memory serves me correctly, there were some categories that even sold out early.

I don't know if this is purely down to the itinerary (I recall Eclipse calling at New York on one of her transatlantic crossings whereas Equinox & Silhouette took a more southerly Caribbean route) or if this is due to Eclipse beginning or ending her transatlantic sailings at Southampton as opposed to Barcelona or Rome.

But I am also aware from reading these boards, that Perry usually has a large group of fans on transatlantic sailings who book early.

I am sure this would have an impact on pricing and think that it will be interesting to see what affect Perry's departure will have on Eclipse pricing.

I appears that Perry Grant has the same cult following as Bert Stratton on Princess cruises. Is his act similar to Bert's?

We saw Bert on our very first Princess cruise 10 years ago and loved him and we've seen Perry a couple of times on the Eclipse. They both have the same kind of commitment from their fans although their acts are VERY different. Having said that they are both entertaining, funny, professional, committed to giving the passengers a fun experience.

We will miss Perry in January but hope he does well with Princess. We started our cruising experience with Princess and switched to X 3 years ago and loved them and will stay with them. We did a last minute Princess at Christmas and although we enjoyed our cruise felt that X have the edge on almost all counts. Plus until Princess start doing 14 day cruises again (not 2 x 7 day cruises back to back) we wouldn't even think about it.

BUT, it's horses for courses - what some people love others hate - that's what makes life interesting!:p

I wonder how this will affect pricing on Eclipse sailings.

I've been watching the pricing of transatlantic sailings for the last couple of years as this is something we still want to try-we just haven't found a sailing yet where the dates work exactly for us.

I've noticed that transatlantic sailings on Eclipse seem to command a much higher price than that of the other Celebrity transatlantic sailings.

And whilst I recall that the other transatlantic sailings have big price drops as the sail date approached, I don't recall seeing this with Eclipse. If my memory serves me correctly, there were some categories that even sold out early.

I don't know if this is purely down to the itinerary (I recall Eclipse calling at New York on one of her transatlantic crossings whereas Equinox & Silhouette took a more southerly Caribbean route) or if this is due to Eclipse beginning or ending her transatlantic sailings at Southampton as opposed to Barcelona or Rome.

But I am also aware from reading these boards, that Perry usually has a large group of fans on transatlantic sailings who book early.

I am sure this would have an impact on pricing and think that it will be interesting to see what affect Perry's departure will have on Eclipse pricing.

I dont think the higher prices for Eclipse transatlantics is down to Perry being onboard ( he isnt on the current transatlantic for instance ) and its more down to people using this transatlantic as an alternative to flying to London plus the UK is the biggest cruise market in Europe and more Brits are likely to take a transatlantic to/from their home country than say Italians where Rome is the start/end.

However, we would personally have chosen an Eclipse transatlantic over another in the fleet if Perry was onboard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Saw Perry last year for the first time. He was great the 1st show, went back for a 2nd night and the show was identical and somewhat entertaining. However, after 2 shows we had enough of Perry's humor and really can't understand his following but everyone is different.

I know others feel the same as you. However its that familiarity that is the draw for us. You know what to expect. Some of the best comedy shows have well worn catch phrases that people wait to here. However, his music is different each night and his repetoire is vast.

That's interesting about Perry not being on the Eclipse TA. I was of the impression that the high prices on the Eclipse had something to do with him. For example, our 15 day Baltic sailing May 30 is now gone off the website but the last time I looked, AQ was $4700pp. The May 28 sailing, 12 days on Silhouette is on the Tuesday bargains today (and has been for the last 3 or 4 Tuesday offerings) and AQ is $1799 and a suite, $2299:eek:. Wow. Even before the special prices Silhouette was less and not just because of the 3 days less.

That's interesting about Perry not being on the Eclipse TA. I was of the impression that the high prices on the Eclipse had something to do with him. For example, our 15 day Baltic sailing May 30 is now gone off the website but the last time I looked, AQ was $4700pp. The May 28 sailing, 12 days on Silhouette is on the Tuesday bargains today (and has been for the last 3 or 4 Tuesday offerings) and AQ is $1799 and a suite, $2299:eek:. Wow. Even before the special prices Silhouette was less and not just because of the 3 days less.

Hopefully he has an extended holiday until after the fjords cruise... [emoji23]

I dont think the higher prices for Eclipse transatlantics is down to Perry being onboard ( he isnt on the current transatlantic for instance )

Oh Im confused now as he posted facebook pics from home a few days back and now pics from Celebrity Central. So maybe he is onboard the TA. I wonder why he is in Celebrity Central if Cellar Master has not been reconfigured.

I have never heard of him or seen him on any of my many Celebrity cruises, so I Googled him out of curiosity and, wow, listening to him is like waiting for death in a retirement home. Glad I won't have to worry about running across him on any future cruises. And people are talking about cancelling their Celebrity cruises to follow him around?? My goodness!

Michael

I'm cancelling my Eclipse bookings because Perry was the main reason for going. I'll have to think about whether to switch some over to Princess. It is a loss for Celebrity. Maybe they should try to get him back!

I might just do the same. As much as I love Celebrity, to try Princess again might be not a bad thing. Just hope they would not raise their prices when they see increase in bookings;)

Edited by ISABELLA

I have never heard of him or seen him on any of my many Celebrity cruises, so I Googled him out of curiosity and, wow, listening to him is like waiting for death in a retirement home. Glad I won't have to worry about running across him on any future cruises. And people are talking about cancelling their Celebrity cruises to follow him around?? My goodness!

Michael

We went to one of his shows last year & were hooked. Yeah, he's really kischty, but you really need to go to one of his shows. Seeing it on Youtube Etc. Doesn't do it justice. It's not just him, you need to watch the fans they're just as entertaining.

Michael

WOW, you should turn in your card now.