Live from the Maasdam - May 1 – 16, 2015 The Atlantic Coast

Alberta Quilter

Hi everyone

I did my survey but also wrote them a letter.

Today I got an answer. They still did not tell me if they cured the virus problem

On the ship. And my comments about the future cruise person would be looked after. I said of all my cruises this was the strangest one because of the sickness

Anyway they thanked me for all my comments etc. and gave me. A $200.00 future onboard credit good until June 4 , 2017.

Take care everyone maybe we will meet again on a future cruise

Margaret

Hi everyone

Today I got an answer. They still did not tell me if they cured the virus problem

On the ship. And my comments about the future cruise person would be looked after. I said of all my cruises this was the strangest one because of the sickness

Anyway they thanked me for all my comments etc. and gave me. A $200.00 future onboard credit good until June 4 , 2017.

Margaret

Nice OBC deal!

Hope to see you onboard again!

Hi everyone

Margaret

Lucky you! That's more than I got for being one of the quarantined people. But I didn't write a letter, only did the survey.

Thank goodness! After having gone through a mild case of it, and seeing DM suffer for two days with it, I wouldn't wish it on anyone. I hope the crew has caught up on their rest!!

Glad to hear they are back in Code Green! Again....They have been going back and forth between Code Red and Code Green for weeks...I was on the ship a week and a half ago in Boston to visit Jordan and they had just gone back to Red:mad: But, most folks thought it was the rough seas and not Noro. But they didn't take any chances and did a super san again.

Whats interesting is that I have not seen any official reports (to the CDC) on this cruise, even though the number of passengers affected was far higher than the previous cruise, which was reported???

Maybe since we ended in Canada the reporting is different?

Edited by DaveOKC

Whats interesting is that I have not seen any official reports (to the CDC) on this cruise, even though the number of passengers affected was far higher than the previous cruise, which was reported???

Maybe since we ended in Canada the reporting is different?

I think so but I don't know for sure. I still haven't received a response to the email that I sent to what I thought was the correct Canadian authorities. Somehow, I doubt I will get one.

That's good to hear. I wondered how long it would take them to get rid of it. Since all the cleaning on our cruise did not do any good.

Hey Tink5520. I haven't forgotten to e-mail you. Just so busy. Hang in there.

Question to all. Why don't they give the crew hand held steam cleaners. Would seem a lot easier that chemical cleaning.

Hi Alberta Quilter. Sorry to hear your mum came down with the NV after the cruise. I agree those cleaning products were a real problem for people with sensitivities. What's your next cruise?

We're going to France in November for a B2B river cruise. We haven't found a HAL cruise that we want to do yet. That and between this past trip and the upcoming France trip, I'm out of vacation time, at work, for this year!

So, like everyone else it seems, we're waiting on the remaining 2016 itineraries to be posted.

What about you? What's your next cruise?

Edited by Alberta Quilter

We're going to France in November for a B2B river cruise. We haven't found a HAL cruise that we want to do yet. That and between this past trip and the upcoming France trip, I'm out of vacation time, at work, for this year!

So, like everyone else it seems, we're waiting on the remaining 2016 itineraries to be posted.

What about you? What's your next cruise?

A B2B river cruise. Wow. Mum and I are going on the Prinsendam for a Christmas/New Year's cruise this Dec. 19th. It will be our first time of this smaller ship and I'm excited. We'll be going to a lot of S. Caribbean islands I've yet to visit.

A B2B river cruise. Wow. Mum and I are going on the Prinsendam for a Christmas/New Year's cruise this Dec. 19th. It will be our first time of this smaller ship and I'm excited. We'll be going to a lot of S. Caribbean islands I've yet to visit.

That sounds wonderful! I would love to do that cruise but DM absolutely refuses to fly at Christmastime. It's just too busy and we had some not so great experiences flying around Christmas. I wish that HAL would schedule that same cruise earlier or later in the season but I don't think that will happen.

Enjoy your cruise! I do wish we were going with you but I'm out of vacation time for the year!!

Good morning, AQ :) By any chance do you remember how far out the shore excursions showed up for your cruise? We've booked the 4/24/16 Tampa-Montreal cruise. I know we're too far out yet, and it may not be until October, but thought I'd ask. :D

We booked the cruise last October and when I checked, after it appeared in My Reservations, most of the shorex were posted. I was surprised because it seemed early to me. A few were added later but only a few. Of course, with the itinerary change and limitations due to weather, the shorex got a little messed up. A little for us but some people were very disappointed.

As your cruise is a whole week earlier than ours was, your ports and/or excursions may change, too.

We booked the cruise last October and when I checked, after it appeared in My Reservations, most of the shorex were posted. I was surprised because it seemed early to me. A few were added later but only a few. Of course, with the itinerary change and limitations due to weather, the shorex got a little messed up. A little for us but some people were very disappointed.

As your cruise is a whole week earlier than ours was, your ports and/or excursions may change, too.

Thanks, that's pretty much what I was thinking. I'm looking forward to it, even though it won't be what we had before. Still bummed about Charleston and Newport, but will make the best of it. :)