Comfort Suites Fort Lauderdale

Joby

We need a 1 night pre-cruise hotel for February 2016.

Is $165 a good price for the Comfort Suites on Federal Highway?

It seems to get decent reviews on Trip Advisor and it's listing for $289 on most websites.

As many are, we're just looking for a decent location and walking distance to eat and pick up a couple of bottles of wine pre-cruise.

We just started looking for lodging for pre-cruise and I got a little sticker shock for budget lodging :eek:

Edited by Joby

As mentioned here frequently, February is peak season in Florida. Don't know anything about the hotel, but the price sounds very good.

It's been 3 years since we've stayed in Fort Lauderdale at that time. Prices have gone up--everywhere I suppose :)

I found it on Last Minute Travel Club but, I can't find a promo code for a free membership, so the point may be moot now.

We only need, as mentioned above-- a clean place, located to where we can get some wine for the cruise and something to eat, decent rooms, budget is under $150. Hopefully something will pop up between now and February :)

Yes, that's a good price. I've been looking for something for the end of Feb and I have rarely found anything decent within the $150 range.

Don't know about the hotel, but that rate is great for February. About 2 months ago I started searching for a "reasonable" hotel for our cruise on Feb. 21. Found nothing under $190 in Ft. L. Settled on Sleep Inn in Dania for 2 beds ($160). Stayed there before and it's fine for a one night stay. (Free airport pickup, $5 to the port and free breakfast, new Publix about 3 blocks away.)

I'd natch anything decent at $150!

Debr

It's been 3 years since we've stayed in Fort Lauderdale at that time. Prices have gone up--everywhere I suppose :)

I found it on Last Minute Travel Club but, I can't find a promo code for a free membership, so the point may be moot now.

We only need, as mentioned above-- a clean place, located to where we can get some wine for the cruise and something to eat, decent rooms, budget is under $150. Hopefully something will pop up between now and February :)

Under $150 during certain times in February is going to get you a horrible hotel. You need to up your budget a little.

The rates on the Best Western on Sw12th ave have usually been decent at that time of year (it's just off State Rd. 84). We've stayed there a few times and it's been just fine. The location is great because you're across the street from various fast food restaurants, a liquor store, Winn Dixie and a few other various stores. I just booked it again for early March for $135 plus tax.

The rates on the Best Western on Sw12th ave have usually been decent at that time of year (it's just off State Rd. 84). We've stayed there a few times and it's been just fine. The location is great because you're across the street from various fast food restaurants, a liquor store, Winn Dixie and a few other various stores. I just booked it again for early March for $135 plus tax.

thanks for that info, sprockie. I've looked at that hotel and glad to know you've been there--always nice to have first hand info :)

Don't know about the hotel, but that rate is great for February. About 2 months ago I started searching for a "reasonable" hotel for our cruise on Feb. 21. Found nothing under $190 in Ft. L. Settled on Sleep Inn in Dania for 2 beds ($160). Stayed there before and it's fine for a one night stay. (Free airport pickup, $5 to the port and free breakfast, new Publix about 3 blocks away.)

I'd natch anything decent at $150!

Debr

I've only been looking a couple of weeks. Ouch, I hope we don't have to pay in the $190 rate. Our date of stay would be February 4. I have also looked at the Sleep Inn in Dania. The last time we cruised out of Fort Lauderdale 3 years ago, we stayed the the Riverside on Las Olas and got it on Priceline for about $85! Hoping for that again but, not holding our breath.

Thanks to all for the info :)

Edited by Joby

thanks for that info, sprockie. I've looked at that hotel and glad to know you've been there--always nice to have first hand info :)

I've only been looking a couple of weeks. Ouch, I hope we don't have to pay in the $190 rate. Our date of stay would be February 4. I have also looked at the Sleep Inn in Dania. The last time we cruised out of Fort Lauderdale 3 years ago, we stayed the the Riverside on Las Olas and got it on Priceline for about $85! Hoping for that again but, not holding our breath.

I also usually do well with Priceline, but doubt there will be any deals with bidding for Feb. 2016.

Debr

That's not going to happen. The GM of the Riverside is a friend of mine (or acquaintance I'm sure if you ask him :D) and said they are already at record occupancy for season 2015-2016.

Confort Suites is a clean hotel, we stayed their last sept. They have a free airport shuttle, and continental breakfast. The staff are all real nice also. CVS drug store 1/2 block away, and Total Wine in the Harbor shops is maybe 3 blocks, short walk.

Are any of the hotels listed within easy walking distance of a Walmart?

Here are two recent threads about the lack of a Walmart near the port that offer some shopping alternatives:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2197033&highlight=walmart

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2189202&highlight=walmart