What Beers do they serve on the Epic

1island2go

• 1 month later...
Can someone tell me what brands of beer do they serve on the Epic on Med cruises? Also estimate of price per beer? Thanks in advance~

Can I bump this thread? We're thinking of booking the Epic next May and with the UBP I am sure some of my drinking would be beer if they served something other than the European macrobrews like Heineken and Guinness.

There wasn't any beer we couldn't get in the package price wise. DH tried to go around the world. Here's a few we had: bass, Sierra Nevada, blue moon, Samuel Adams, Stella, Heineken, Newcastle brown, peroni, corona and lite, bud brands, Miller brands, Michelob, Guinness, fosters oil cans, and I can't remember the others

There wasn't any beer we couldn't get in the package price wise. DH tried to go around the world. Here's a few we had: bass, Sierra Nevada, blue moon, Samuel Adams, Stella, Heineken, Newcastle brown, peroni, corona and lite, bud brands, Miller brands, Michelob, Guinness, fosters oil cans, and I can't remember the others

There's a couple I will drink (Sam Adams & Sierra Nevada)and a couple I would drink if I nothing else was available (Blue Moon & Stella). As for the rest, I would rather order a boat drink. I am encouraged, but surprised that Miller/Bud are there. That many Americans on the ship? I get Bass/Newcastle/Heineken/Guinness/Peroni but it's too bad they couldn't have even a single craft beer on tap. Lots of real ale brewed in the UK. And Stella isn't exactly the best the Belgians can do. Oh well, by day 2 I won't care.

Real (cask-conditioned) ale and ships do not mix (unfortunately). Bottled beer is the best you can hope for. Unfortunately NCL, being an American line, have not got deals for Fullers London Pride; Hop Back Summer Lightning; Tanglefoot and other such choice beverages.

I will admit to pre-loading with a few pints of the good stuff the night before we cruise however (that's my excuse anyway:rolleyes:).

Can I bump this thread? We're thinking of booking the Epic next May and with the UBP I am sure some of my drinking would be beer if they served something other than the European macrobrews like Heineken and Guinness.

They will have boatloads of American Light Lager from all around the world.

And Newcastle Brown Ale. Probably.

And.....not much else.

There's a couple I will drink (Sam Adams & Sierra Nevada)and a couple I would drink if I nothing else was available (Blue Moon & Stella). As for the rest, I would rather order a boat drink. I am encouraged, but surprised that Miller/Bud are there. That many Americans on the ship? I get Bass/Newcastle/Heineken/Guinness/Peroni but it's too bad they couldn't have even a single craft beer on tap. Lots of real ale brewed in the UK. And Stella isn't exactly the best the Belgians can do. Oh well, by day 2 I won't care.

Yes lots of Americans on ncl, we met our great friends from New Orleans onboard an ncl ship. We've had over 60 nationalities on a European cruise with ncl. They don't have many draft beers at all.

Edited by Tiggertastic

Spice H2O bar had a small Heineken draft system (the kind that rolls on wheels), at the left corner of the bar/next to the stairs down when facing the bar. But can't recall if they had it on recent cruises..

O'sheehans has draf beer, perhaps someone else can chime in for the brands(s).

Real (cask-conditioned) ale and ships do not mix (unfortunately). Bottled beer is the best you can hope for. Unfortunately NCL, being an American line, have not got deals for Fullers London Pride; Hop Back Summer Lightning; Tanglefoot and other such choice beverages.

I will admit to pre-loading with a few pints of the good stuff the night before we cruise however (that's my excuse anyway:rolleyes:).

Why wouldn't cask beer work well on a ship? From what I've seen of ships, they should be able to create a cellar, keep it the proper temperature, and serve cask beer.

Why wouldn't cask beer work well on a ship? From what I've seen of ships, they should be able to create a cellar, keep it the proper temperature, and serve cask beer.

The barrel has to be 'racked' i.e. kept still for a couple of days after delivery so that the hops and finings used to cask condition the beer can settle out to let the beer clear.

Ships are not still things;) so you will never get the barrel to clear properly. Any sort of gyroscopically steadied rack for the barrel would be prohibitively expensive.

The barrel has to be 'racked' i.e. kept still for a couple of days after delivery so that the hops and finings used to cask condition the beer can settle out to let the beer clear.

Ships are not still things;) so you will never get the barrel to clear properly. Any sort of gyroscopically steadied rack for the barrel would be prohibitively expensive.

Ahh...yeah, forgot about having to rack the barrel. While I enjoy belgians that aren't clear, I don't want that much residue in my beer. Thanks!

My nephew-in-law had a goal to try every beer on the Epic. We were there in May. He was tracking it on his phone. Just got the list from him. Here you go:

[x] kirin ichiban

[x] Buckler

[x] mgd bottle

[x] newcastle can

[x] redbridge

[x] Grolsch

[x] franziskaner

[x] pilsner urquell

[x] bud heavy

[x] boddingtons

[x] miller light

[x] bud light lime

[x] newcastle

[x] heineken

[x] peroni

[x] heinekin light

[x] blue moon seasonal

[x] molson

[x] sam Adams

[x] stella

[x] guiness

[x] dos equis

[x] saporo

[x] red stripe

[x] bud light plat

[x] birra moretti

[x] mich ultra

[x] mgd

[x] fosters

[x] blue moon

[x] corona light

[x] corona extra

[x] coors

[x] bud light

[x] becks

[x] bass

[x] amstel light

37 products on that list.

One isn't a beer and seven more are not American Light Lager.

It's a dismal beer list by any stretch.

Yeah, I pity the fool that orders a bucket of Buckler without reading the fine print. :D

This begs for the creation of the LBP (limited beverage package) which would allow a finite number of quality beers to be comsumed daily.

Yeah, I pity the fool that orders a bucket of Buckler without reading the fine print. :D

Imus used to read ads for that stuff. Then, he would add his comment "Buckler, you'll ___ just as much."

For the underlined part, insert the letter between O and Q.........