CB window suite vs aft vista suite

BTwurddle

We are currently booked in a window suite on a carribbean sailing on CB in December. We are now booked at $1149 pp, but now I see aft vista suites D736 and D737 area available for $1849 pp. Is this worth the switch? Neither of us use the balcony very much but DH is a VERY sensitive sleeper and I thought the partition/curtain might make it easier for me to get up early and leave him sleeping. We also usually make friends once on board and I'm thinking the extra space may be better for inviting friends in for cocktails or before adventures ashore ect... If anyone has any experience or related advice I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance and happy cruising everyone!

We are currently booked in a window suite on a carribbean sailing on CB in December. We are now booked at $1149 pp, but now I see aft vista suites D736 and D737 area available for $1849 pp. Is this worth the switch? Neither of us use the balcony very much but DH is a VERY sensitive sleeper and I thought the partition/curtain might make it easier for me to get up early and leave him sleeping. We also usually make friends once on board and I'm thinking the extra space may be better for inviting friends in for cocktails or before adventures ashore ect... If anyone has any experience or related advice I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance and happy cruising everyone!

If the difference in price isn't a monetary problem (which only you can answer), I would go with the Vista suite. We have been in a WS on the Caribbean Princess on a British Isle's cruise and would book it again in a heartbeat for a cool weather, port intensive cruise. We have been in an aft Vista suite (and others) on other ships and for the Caribbean I would want the balcony for both the space and the furniture (dining table with 4 chairs, 2 lounge chairs and an end table) especially if you intend to entertain.

We have stayed in both the window suite on the CB and an aft suite on the grand.

You will have more space to entertain on the aft suite and the curtain is nice for privacy as well as letting him sleep. Two sets of sliding doors make access to balcony convenient in the early morning and you can enjoy coffee and the morning air before breakfast at Sabatini's. Balcony is also great for entertaining.

We enjoyed the window suite, central location, had a wonderful attentive cabin steward. More open room concept, but still plenty of room to entertain.

Both have nice bathrooms, aft suite has toilet separated by a door from shower and tub.

If price is no object, would go for the aft, aft balcony is my favorite cabin.

The only concern about an aft suite on the CB is that the bed vibrates a little, which I found somewhat disconcerting. If your husband is a very sensitive sleeper, he may want to take that into consideration, although some have pointed out that we used to use quarters so that beds would vibrate.

I love the Window Suites and have often considered an aft cabin. Here is a video link that shows the sound level of the cabin when on the move.

The (possible) vibrations and wake noises do concern me. I will admit that the teak furniture is very nice.

Please let us know what you decide to do.

do the window suites have floor to ceiling windows or just small windows, does any have a video of them

No floor to ceiling windows, probably 4 ft high X 5ft wide.

Exactly like the windows in the main DR's.

https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3222/5798888520_bbf1bed275_z.jpg

Also Google princess window suites, tons of pictures.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

You may also have a noise issue with the window suite. When we sailed in the Caribbean in a window suite on the Caribbean Princess, we experienced a terrible noise twice during the cruise--once for a few hours during the night early in the cruise on our way to the first port and then for almost two days coming back (the two sea days). It sounded like the ship was splitting apart. While I brought ear plugs, it did no good. In fact, the noise was so loud, we couldn't even hear the television, even at the loudest volume. We were told it had something to do with the stablizers and rough seas. The problem has been reported periodically on CC, so we aren't the only ones who have experienced it.

You may not experience it, but you should be aware of the possibility since your DH is a sensitive sleeper.