most capacity in a cabin?

If you hover over the room on the deck plan, it will show how many can be in any one room. I think there are some rooms that will hold 5 but that would be tight in my opinion.

When we were on the dream, we were in a balcony and directly across was an inside with 5 people in it. It looked horrible honestly, I don't know if they were especially messy people, but it looked like a bomb went off in there and no floor space at all. I felt really bad for our steward but he just laughed it off and said its tough when you squeeze 5 in a room!

We put 5 in a grand suite all the time on the Fantasy class ships. It's even tighter for us, because one of the girls that goes with us is in a wheelchair and has no legs, so we have not only 5 of us, but 5 AND a wheelchair in the cabin!!! We aren't talking kids, either-all of us are over 30, 2 of us over 50..

Never had any problems-- we know how to fit stuff in places, how to put smaller luggage inside of larger and stick it under the bed, etc.. We all get our section of the closets and shelf/drawer space, and we keep it pretty picked up, except for the multiple straightening irons/blow dryers and the endless chargers for all the electronics for 5 people!!!

Wouldn't trade those trips for anything!! We have SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!!!!

what is the most amount of people you can book in any one cabin?

Bill

As others have mentioned, some ships 4 and some 5. Not sure why, but it seems the older and newer can do 5 and ones in the middle cannot. I think there are some coast guard regs involved as well. Our frequent seaman poster can add value to this discussion as well.

We have had the grand suite in the Fantasy class twice and worked great! We have also had the deluxe ocean view in the Dream class, a bit tighter though the split bathrooms are nice;) Can't wait to try the new family rooms on the Vista!

Fantasy class ships and some other older ships like Victory (I'm sorry I don't have the whole list; just do an online search for five guests) allow five in certain rooms. The fifth sleeps on a trundle/rollaway. We cruise this way with the kids and are fine, but it doesn't work for everyone. The trundle is not full size but is perfect for a child.

The Dream class (Dream, Breeze, Magic) have deluxe OV rooms for five with more space, a couch-bed for the fifth person, and a second bathroom area with sink and tub.

With adults, I wouldn't cruise with more than four in a room. I have done this and it was fine, but we were women who got along well, all showered at different times, and no one spent forever getting ready.

Edited by KatieCharlotte

Thanks for all the answers. It will definitely help immensely with the planning if the family of 5 can swing it.

They have never cruised before and their budget is tight so we are trying to figure something out.

Jimbo I love my Dos Equiis. I prefer the amber but they don't sell it on the ships.:)

Bill

I just booked the Triumph on one of its last cruises out of Galveston so I can go with my daughter and three grandsons. We will not have a ship after Triumph leaves that can house 5 for short cruises - they are the only ones really affordable to take the grandkids on on a whim. The Breeze and Magic have the deluxe ocean view - but sailing in the summer with 5 is costly and the kids can't miss that much school to sail when it is affordable. May have to make that drive to New Orleans more often to get back on the Triumph.