Celebrity is causing me so much stress!

jules57

This will be our 6th cruise with Celebrity but the first time we have cruised since my DH started PD dialysis. Please do not confuse PD dialysis with Haemodialysis. PD dialysis patients are accepted on cruises and are encouraged to do so in the knowledge that medical supplies will be delivered to the ship and the experience should be stress free.

We are due to leave 3 weeks on Saturday. The cruise is to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary shortly afterwards and we have booked a CS.

We have for the second time been contacted by our TA as Celebrity have contacted them to say that they will only take delivery on the day of the cruise and the medical supply company (Baxters) say they will only deliver Monday to Friday. We are asked to "sort it".

Both our Hospital Liaison and Baxters Travel cannot understand why there is a problem. They deal with cruises all the time. Baxters say that they are in fact yet to process the order but will do so shortly and then liaise with the Port Agent to arrange delivery. I am told that Celebrity has very little to do with the process, it is their Port Agent.

I am stressed as this is causing my DH stress. I am really having second thoughts about cruising again if this a typical experience. If this is resolved then I no doubt I will continue to be stressed until I know the supplies are physically on the ship. I am hoping that I will be able to liaise with the Michaels Club Concierge before boarding to ask him to check the supplies are on board.

Has anyone else experienced problems such as this?

Sorry for your stressful situation. I will pray it will get sorted out for you and DH for a most wonderful cruise and celebration.

I can understand Celebrity not accepting supplies a day early for storage and security purposes, but I do not understand the delivery company not accommodating you because of this.

Have you perchance tried reach out to the President or a VP of the delivery company and figure out if they will help you in this situation even if you have to pay the OT if that is the challenge with delivery of the supplies.

I Am sure there is a solution to this and I can only suggest that you try to relax a bit and with clear mind it will resolve...

Bon Voyage...

Can you pay extra and use Fed Ex or another delivery agent,

ParcelForce etc.

The package is tracked and it means you will be Stress Free.

Maybe have it delivered to your home and then sent by yourself using the above mentioned couriers

Is there a way that you can take delivery of it Mon-Fri, and then you can have it delivered to the ship?

I am not sure how much equipment there is, but maybe if you can take control of it, you can be assured it will be there.

Thanks Bo1953.

I too hope that things will sort themselves out. I will give it a few days to see how things go.

It is nice to be able to share frustrations on the forum but also positive things. They are so many positive points about Celebrity but they can also be very, very frustrating at times.

This is likely to be a last cruise with Celebrity. We had already made the decision to try a different Company whose itineraries are more attractive to us than that offered by Celebrity from UK.

Perhaps everything will go swimmingly and I can only pray that is the case.

Is there a way that you can take delivery of it Mon-Fri, and then you can have it delivered to the ship?

I am not sure how much equipment there is, but maybe if you can take control of it, you can be assured it will be there.

There will be quite a few boxes etc, possibly a boot full, comprising boxes of fluid. We have already said that we will not use the automated machine but rely upon the manual CAPD method to cut down on supplies but already have a cabin size suitcase full of other supplies that are needed in addition to the boxes of fluid.

If push comes to shove then we will have to arrange for the supplies to be delivered to us as we take the supplies with us and hope we will be able to fit the cases in somehow.

Without specific knowledge of this port, it would seem to me that the port agent would be the go to guy (gal). It cannot be the first time this situation has come up, I would think.

Good luck; we too will pray for a great stress free trip.

Sorry to hear you are experiencing problems.

Friends of my parents ended up having medical supplies delivered to the Holiday Inn which is situated almost on port gate 8. Again this was on a Friday afternoon as the company did not deliver at the weekend. The Holiday inn were superb. When they realised how much had been delivered they upgraded the room to ensure there was enough storage space and arranged for a local taxi firm to send two taxi's the next morning. The taxi journey took 3minutes. That's how close the holiday inn is to the Eclipse.

Best thing the second taxi driver refused to take payment for transferring medical supplies. He asked them to have a great cruise and when they next saw someone who needed a hand remember him and offer help.

If that won't help. Try ringing the port agent and asking for assistance. There must be someone who is able to assist you.

Or try email Rcci special needs department. I know they exist or perhaps captains club have a number where you can speak with a person ( apologies if you have already tried this. )

I hope everything works out and you have a great cruise.

Thanks welshfamily, that's very interesting. Nice to hear some people such as Holiday Inn and taxi driver are so helpful and warm hearted.

I understand most Port Agents will take delivery the day before and as far as I am aware this Port Agent acts for several cruise companies in addition to Celebrity. Has Celebrity therefore instructed the PA to only take delivery on sailing day?

We're driving down to Southampton and may have to find a way of taking it with us. If we cruise again we will probably use a luggage valet for our cases and transport supplies ourselves.

I was on the phone with Celebrity Post Cruise Guest Relations when I read your post. I asked the rep if she could tell me who you should contact and she said to tell you to call Celebrity Access Team Speaicl Needs at 1-866-592-7225. I told her I thought you were in UK and asked if that number would work from there. Her answer was yes it would work world wide. I don't know if she knows what she is talking about but it might be worth a try. Hope this helps.

Thanks Snit57. I believe I/my TA has been liaising with the equivalent department in the UK and they appear to be the cause of my current stress. It may the joint fault of Baxters and CC/their Port Agent.

• 2 weeks later...

We were contacted by Baxters last week who said that they would now be contacting the Port Agent to arrange delivery. It appears that there is another person on the same cruise who needs a delivery as well.

Received a letter from Baxters this morning confirming that delivery will be on the 30th May, ie the day the ship departs. So why was it necessary for Celebrity to contact our TA on 2 occasions? As the person at Baxters told me on both occasions, they would liaise with the Port Agent in due course to arrange the delivery.

Next thing is to ensure that the supplies reach us onboard. No reason why there should be a problem. I will try and alert the Michaels Club Concierge beforehand to check for us.

:)