Complete List of Promised VIFP Benefits you are Entitled to Receive

NightOne

Here is the complete list of the promised VIFP benefits you are entitled to receive as a VIFP member:

1. NOTHING

End of List

Please read http://www.carnival.com/loyalty/termsandconditions.aspx and quit all this whining about Golds being excluded from the past guest party.

You aren't entitled to anything. You didn't earn anything. You don't deserve anything. You aren't owed anything. You signed up to a club (with no fee) that states:

"CCL reserves the right to alter or modify the Club at any time in CCL’s sole discretion without notice to Members, including without limitation, the right to add, modify, delete or otherwise change any provision of the Terms and Conditions or any aspect of the Club, including without limitation, any procedure, the Levels, the number of VIFP Points required for any Level, the method of earning VIFP Points, and the Benefits. CCL further reserves the right to terminate the Club at any time without notice to Members."

Don't like it? Don't join. :)

No back to the FUN. :)

Edited by NightOne

So what's the point of this post?

And once you book with Carnival, you automatically join the VIFP club. Actually you don't even have to be booked. Enrollment is automatic.

Carnival created the program. They can give or take away as they wish. That said, there's nothing wrong with people voicing their displeasure with changes. People who read and post on this board do that daily with any number of things related to cruise vacations. You're doing it now throwing up a post obviously disapproving of people's sense of entitlement with the program. And while I agree with your sentiment, your tone was very snarky - yet you have a right to voice it.

NOW back to the fun!

And once you book with Carnival, you automatically join the VIFP club. Actually you don't even have to be booked. Enrollment is automatic.

Carnival created the program. They can give or take away as they wish. That said, there's nothing wrong with people voicing their displeasure with changes. People who read and post on this board do that daily with any number of things related to cruise vacations. You're doing it now throwing up a post obviously disapproving of people's sense of entitlement with the program. And while I agree with your sentiment, your tone was very snarky - yet you have a right to voice it.

NOW back to the fun!

Oops. My intent was not to come off as snarky but rather to put some perspective on the situation.

Some people are getting WAY too bent out of shape on this minor change. :)

Oops. My intent was not to come off as snarky but rather to put some perspective on the situation.

Some people are getting WAY too bent out of shape on this minor change. :)

Sorry double post

Edited by cruizinisthebest

For what it's worth, I agree with you. People are being ridiculous about it. You have to take many Carnival Cruises to make Gold, and if all these people are going to say that the only reason that they have stuck with Carnival is for the free party, that's crazy. Why would you sail with a cruise line so many times if you don't honestly like their cruises? Oh wait...it's because they do like their cruises. So if Carnival provides them with enjoyable cruises at an affordable cost, then why is the company suddenly the devil?

For what it's worth, I agree with you. People are being ridiculous about it. You have to take many Carnival Cruises to make Gold, and if all these people are going to say that the only reason that they have stuck with Carnival is for the free party, that's crazy. Why would you sail with a cruise line so many times if you don't honestly like their cruises? Oh wait...it's because they do like their cruises. So if Carnival provides them with enjoyable cruises at an affordable cost, then why is the company suddenly the devil?

Exactly!!! :)

If people base loyalty on the end result perks they aren't spending their money wisely, in my opinion. I wouldn't stop at the same restaurant everyday and eat the same food if my "perk" was just a free meal every couple of weeks. They need to offer me food I enjoy served in new and fresh ways every so often and have the sort of ambient environment that makes me feel comfortable and relaxed.

No loyalty perk would make me endure sailing on a ship or going to places that didn't interest me. And my weekends are way to precious to spend all of them doing the same thing over and over again just so I can claim platinum and diamond and move to the front of the line after having endured countless days of "misery".

I find all the complaints from long time loyal customers about "how things have changed" totally pointless and somewhat irritating. I don't want anything in my life to stay static....

I find all the complaints from long time loyal customers about "how things have changed" totally pointless and somewhat irritating. I don't want anything in my life to stay static....

I think people are naturally resistant to change in general but some people just go off the deep end when something changes. LOL

All good points you made in your post.

Edited by NightOne

But there will always be some people who overreact, some who underreact and some who dont react at all. CC is no different than real life. There are many different opinions, and there always will be.

We can be upset about things, and say it. That is the way things should be. Freedom of speech goes both ways. But just like in real life, one is blasted for just about any opinion you can have. No wonder some dont react at all, or dont want to voice their opinion.

Also just like in real life, you get your "higher ups" people here on CC Carnival board who have no empathy with how it feels to be told you are no longer welcome at a venue which you have always enjoyed, and yet they just feel the need to reaffirm that they are platinum and are not affected so they dont care! Now that does surprise me, especially from more than a couple of frequent posters/platinums/diamonds on this board today who I have always enjoyed posts/info and reviews from. Disappointing.:(

Ok, guess I will be blasted for my opinion, but just wondering what the next cut will be...sooner or later Carnival will have to start chiseling away at the platinum crowd since they have all but wiped out gold as a tier.:rolleyes:

But there will always be some people who overreact, some who underreact and some who dont react at all. CC is no different than real life. There are many different opinions, and there always will be.

Yup.

Personally, I think ALL the cruise lines should eliminate their loyalty programs entirely. All they do is create class systems and generate animosity and ill will between people. Just my opinion. :)

If people base loyalty on the end result perks they aren't spending their money wisely, in my opinion. I wouldn't stop at the same restaurant everyday and eat the same food if my "perk" was just a free meal every couple of weeks. They need to offer me food I enjoy served in new and fresh ways every so often and have the sort of ambient environment that makes me feel comfortable and relaxed.

No loyalty perk would make me endure sailing on a ship or going to places that didn't interest me. And my weekends are way to precious to spend all of them doing the same thing over and over again just so I can claim platinum and diamond and move to the front of the line after having endured countless days of "misery".

My feelings as well, expressed in a different way :)

We can be upset about things, and say it. That is the way things should be. Freedom of speech goes both ways. But just like in real life, one is blasted for just about any opinion you can have. No wonder some dont react at all, or dont want to voice their opinion.

Also just like in real life, you get your "higher ups" people here on CC Carnival board who have no empathy with how it feels to be told you are no longer welcome at a venue which you have always enjoyed, and yet they just feel the need to reaffirm that they are platinum and are not affected so they dont care! Now that does surprise me, especially from more than a couple of frequent posters/platinums/diamonds on this board today who I have always enjoyed posts/info and reviews from. Disappointing.:(

Ok, guess I will be blasted for my opinion, but just wondering what the next cut will be...sooner or later Carnival will have to start chiseling away at the platinum crowd since they have all but wiped out gold as a tier.:rolleyes:

Well said.

Basically people in gold status not only are not invited to the party, they got uninvited. I don't care who you are, that is going to sting a bit. You were just told you aren't wanted. Not only that, John was promoting it as a fun and exciting change, even in the post in which he announced. Only later did he have the good sense to apologize.

Taking away something that is free is one of the hardest things in the world. Sometimes it is valued more than something for which you paid.

But as others have said, it is more the straw that broke the camel's back.

I've been on 7 cruises. My dad has been on 3, scheduled to be gold this time around. He was looking forward to attending the party that I have been attending for awhile now to see the person that has been on the most cruises, seen the staff, the officers, etc. i don't know why people being disappointed in it is ruining your fun.

In the end, the drink coupon will work just as well because I will probably drink both of ours. However, if i get cheers, this makes the coupon worthless.

It's really the principle of the matter. We booked a cruise, we talked about the party. My dad asked what happens, about the snacks, the drinks, if he can get a beer, can he get a pic with any of the captains, etc. And now, months away from our sailing, it is suddenly not something we can attend. Not only that, but strangers are pissed off and having their fun ruined just because I am disappointed in something that we HAVE looked forward to.

[Q] Personally, I think ALL the cruise lines should eliminate their loyalty programs entirely. All they do is create class systems and generate animosity and ill will between people. Just my opinion. [/Q]

I kind of agree with that statement because it does create a class type of system, with some thinking they are superior. But loyalty programs are great because it shows that the company appreciates you staying with them for a long time.

I think that there should be a different color of card for every cruise you go on and It would go from a very light pink to an almost black purple. If you reach 100 or something cruises, your card stays solid black (because that would be AWESOME) and if it's your first cruise, it's pure white. And on your sailings where you are solid black, you get benefits because you've cruised with them 100 or something times.

yup.

Personally, i think all the cruise lines should eliminate their loyalty programs entirely. All they do is create class systems and generate animosity and ill will between people. Just my opinion. :)

amen!

Class system? absolutely ridiculous..... I wet pants laughing..

The party sucked.... you go in, they hand out crappy snacks, you get a couple of drinks, and watch a sales video...

Why the desperation to attend? :rolleyes:

Class system? absolutely ridiculous..... I wet pants laughing..

The party sucked.... you go in, they hand out crappy snacks, you get a couple of drinks, and watch a sales video...

Why the desperation to attend? :rolleyes:

Then lets give the diamond and platinum guests a drink coupon, that can only be used on the last sea day and after 5pm. We'll hold the past guest party for the gold members, deal?

Then lets give the diamond and platinum guests a drink coupon, that can only be used on the last sea day and after 5pm. We'll hold the past guest party for the gold members, deal?

I second that... since they dont seem to want it

Fine with me... If you are that desperate for a couple of free drinks, you can have my invite.

Fine with me... If you are that desperate for a couple of free drinks, you can have my invite.

Who said I am desperate for a free drink or drinks? I simply find it offensive to dis-invite someone to a party. To me, Carnival made it loud and clear how much they value my repeat business.

on the bright side; now that Carnival has removed any perks from gold tier (and below, not sure red or blue have anything anyway), there is nothing more they can chisel away from US. Does anyone think that the penny pinching will stop here? Don't think so. Let's just wait and see how long it will take for them to start chipping away at some of the platinum perks. It is after all the only way they can go now to make their share holders happier.

After the many selfish and me me me comments here today by platinum and diamond people, I can't wait! Let the platinum cuts begin!!!!!:cool:

on the bright side; now that Carnival has removed any perks from gold tier (and below, not sure red or blue have anything anyway), there is nothing more they can chisel away from US. Does anyone think that the penny pinching will stop here? Don't think so. Let's just wait and see how long it will take for them to start chipping away at some of the platinum perks. It is after all the only way they can go now to make their share holders happier.

After the many selfish and me me me comments here today by platinum and diamond people, I can't wait! Let the platinum cuts begin!!!!!:cool:

Exactly. That gold member who has 30 sea days and always books a balcony is much more profitable to Carnival than some platinum who got grandfathered in a 40 because of short cruises and always books an interior.

The more I look, the pricing for balcony cabins with NCL and RCCL isn't that much different.

NOW back to the fun!

+1 to all of this