Anthem Select drinks package

Included in this package is wine by the glass to the value of $8. However, on looking at some restaurant menus kindly posted by someone, I couldn't see any wines at less than $9-12 per glass. Is this RCCI's way of ripping us off by charging us the extra per glass I wonder? Also, being brand new to cruising forgive my ignorance but are hot drinks free?

TY

strange how celebrity and Royal have done their drink packages

(hopefully celebrity won't follow)

the basic package on Celebrity is a mix of all the royal packages with a limit of $9 for wine, $8 for cocktails and $6 for beer

so has a good selection of all 3 types of drink, plus premium teas and coffees and fresh juice included

so its a price limit ( better) rather than a drink type limit

WE have the select package thrown in and were disappointed to find we could not get the juice and premium coffees as we do on Celebrity, its not worth upgrading to ultimate just to get the occasional juice and coffee

They don't even include water in the base package !

but I can drink as much coke as I want (or in my case don't want)

We were given a select drinks package when we purchased are up and coming cruise, as well as free parking, and grats. The parking and grats are exceptable but the drinks package is a waste of time for me, as I am not allowed to drink, and that includes soda. It is obvious on looking at the price we had to pay for the cruise that the price for these freebies was included anyway. Fair enough but I don't see why I should pay for someone else to drink. Yes I could have said no to the cruise but at the time every cruise by Royal Caribbean had these additions. Yes I could have gone one another crusie line but they didn't go where I wanted to go. Can we please get away from these freebies. Get back to a basic price and then if you need a drinks package purchase one with the savings you make on the price of the cruise.

This is not fair.

We were given a select drinks package when we purchased are up and coming cruise, as well as free parking, and grats. The parking and grats are exceptable but the drinks package is a waste of time for me, as I am not allowed to drink, and that includes soda. It is obvious on looking at the price we had to pay for the cruise that the price for these freebies was included anyway. Fair enough but I don't see why I should pay for someone else to drink. Yes I could have said no to the cruise but at the time every cruise by Royal Caribbean had these additions. Yes I could have gone one another crusie line but they didn't go where I wanted to go. Can we please get away from these freebies. Get back to a basic price and then if you need a drinks package purchase one with the savings you make on the price of the cruise.

This is not fair.

Have you cruised yet? We have just come off maiden voyage and were speaking to a couple who did not drink alcohol at all but the select package had been included in their fare, they went to Guest Services immediately upon boarding and explained situation, they were changed from select to Royal Replenish package and received the difference in cost of packages as OBC, they got approx 300 dollars which helped pay for all the posh teas and coffees and water that they did consume, might be worth an ask when you board...

ooohhh!! this is quite exciting news I am reading! We have a package as part of our fare too, and my daughter is not a drinker at all - I am going to put her on the Royal Replensish and spend the difference on myself in the spa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahaha!!

isnt speciality coffee included in Replenish though - I thought it was?

ooohhh!! this is quite exciting news I am reading! We have a package as part of our fare too, and my daughter is not a drinker at all - I am going to put her on the Royal Replensish and spend the difference on myself in the spa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahaha!!

Yes speciality coffee is included in royal replenish aling with fresh squeezed juice

We also got the all inclusive package. My son age 9 only likes water or fresh org singe juice- I think the package he gets is fizzy drinks. Would he be able to swap?

Thanks

On Celebrity we were able to downgrade the alcohol package to the premium non alcohol one but they made you sign a form agreeing to the change and accepting that there was no refund or credit of the difference.

I would be very suprised if Royal (the same company) give the difference back as OBC. However if they do we will be very happy come September.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On Celebrity we were able to downgrade the alcohol package to the premium non alcohol one but they made you sign a form agreeing to the change and accepting that there was no refund or credit of the difference.

I would be very suprised if Royal (the same company) give the difference back as OBC. However if they do we will be very happy come September.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Several people have reported this is what happened though

We also got the all inclusive package. My son age 9 only likes water or fresh org singe juice- I think the package he gets is fizzy drinks. Would he be able to swap?

Thanks

You would probably have to pay to upgrade, as I believe the all inclusive for kids is the soda package only? If it is the soda package, then that costs less than royal replenish