Parking at the Manhattan Terminal

LindaLa

We will be on the Breakaway beginning May 24. Our last few cruises we parked at the Cruise Terminal since it is so convenient. There is a coupon online for 25% off parking for those on the Gem 7 night cruise. Has anyone tried using the coupon if you were on the Breakaway. I just don't understand why the Gem but not the Breakaway. Thank you!

We will be on the Breakaway beginning May 24. Our last few cruises we parked at the Cruise Terminal since it is so convenient. There is a coupon online for 25% off parking for those on the Gem 7 night cruise. Has anyone tried using the coupon if you were on the Breakaway. I just don't understand why the Gem but not the Breakaway. Thank you!

who knows with them, we had the driver drop us off and told us he would pick us back up even though the paperwork stated differently, he said no we pick you up just call when you get in give us half an hour, so we got back yesterday nope wouldn't pick us up said we will give you $5 back for taxi cause its 2 blocks, well taxi was $40 so we walked the 6 blocks, wasn't impressed gonna use car service from now on

who knows with them, we had the driver drop us off and told us he would pick us back up even though the paperwork stated differently, he said no we pick you up just call when you get in give us half an hour, so we got back yesterday nope wouldn't pick us up said we will give you $5 back for taxi cause its 2 blocks, well taxi was $40 so we walked the 6 blocks, wasn't impressed gonna use car service from now on

The OP was asking a question about coupon that's good for parking at the cruise terminal parking lot, not something from some unidentified place that's not at the cruise terminal you're talking about.

I'm going on an 8 day Gem cruise' date=' I'm definately going to try and use it. Really, what's the difference? 💸[/quote']

The "difference" is that the coupon specifically says "Discount is only valid for 7 day Norwegian Gem cruises leaving from the Manhattan Cruise Terminal through October 3, 2015."

Do you mean the terminal's website' date=' or the actual NCL site?[/quote']

The coupon is on the cruise terminal's web site.

http://www.nycruise.com/manhattan-terminal/parking/

I'm going on an 8 day Gem cruise' date=' I'm definately going to try and use it. Really, what's the difference? 💸[/quote']

I believe the last parking coupon, which expired in late April, was for 8 day Gem cruises but folks here reported it was honored on 7 day cruises too.

We're on a Gem 8 day cruise in mid-June, I'm definitely going to give the coupon a try.

The "difference" is that the coupon specifically says "Discount is only valid for 7 day Norwegian Gem cruises leaving from the Manhattan Cruise Terminal through October 3, 2015."

That was a rhetorical question.

But thanks for clarifying. ;)

If the parking coupon doesn't work out for you, might I suggest you use car service? It costs about the same (or less) as parking for a week long cruise and you don't need to drive yourself. I used Dial 7 and they were the cheapest.

We tried to use it in our last cruise on breakaway and they wouldn't take it. Never had a problem with finding an open spot either and we tend to get to the terminal fairly early.

FWIW - I just emailed the cruise terminal asking if I could use the 7 day coupon on and 8 day Gem sailing (May 30th), realizing that I would have to pay one extra day at full rate, and this is the response that I got:

"Sorry for the delayed response. Unfortunately the coupon does not apply to your sailing so you will not be able to use the coupon. Very sorry for the inconvenience."

Kindest Regards,

ANTHONY FABRE

Project Manager I Asset Management

New York City Economic Development Corporation

http://www.nycedc.com http://www.nycruise.com

I guess you could always try, but I would go being prepared to pay full fare in the event that it is not accepted. Good luck