BVE questions

chloe45

Very helpful information about BVEs. Can someone book a BVE without knowing any other passengers on board? Is there somewhere on the Princess site where the BVE process and requirements are located? I have looked but haven't been able to find them.

Thanks for your help!

Mike

Not on the website. ;)

I have definitely read this thread plus some other BVE threads that I found via search. So far this one has had the most/best information.

I will see if I can find the press release.

Thanks everyone!

Mike

We did BVE in SFO. We were cruising and our DS ans DDIL who live in the East Bay drove us to the port so we treated them. It was great!

If it's still the same as when we did it below are some details (which others have stated, too):

- Book thru BVE dept at Princess

- Be sure your res and their BVE bookings are linked

- You board first (or if there's a wedding after the wedding party who boards first)

- The BVE people will have access to the ship and can do a provided guided tour or do on your own (we were on the Grand and had cruised on the CB the year prior so we knew our way around so we were the tour guides...)

- BVE people will disembark aroi d 3:30 so if you're there to board first they'll have around 4 hours on board with you

- Lunch is in the MDR and the regular menu including a glass of wine

- They'll take a group photo of you and them which they'll develop and bring to you while dining

- We were in an aft suite as well which we took our luggage to and showed them around but you'll likely want to spend your time out and about on the ship

It's a great time but bittersweet when they have to leave the ship - but once we sailed away we got over it... ;)

Where did your son and daughter-in-law park while enjoying their time on the ship?

We are sailing out of SF in Sept on the Grand and would love to treat our friend who is driving us to the BVE (and hopefully convince him to join us next time!), but worried that finding parking will be a hassle.

Thanks!

There was a parking garage just a couple of blocks away.

But there is now a new pier so I don't know about any parking around that.

You can try Googling public parking near the new pier address and see what comes up.

You should also check out the CC ports section for SFO and see what people with first-hand knowledge of the new pier and what's around it.

I have definitely read this thread plus some other BVE threads that I found via search. So far this one has had the most/best information.

I will see if I can find the press release.

Thanks everyone!

Mike

Here is a link that janetz posted with a list of all the BVEs for 2015:

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk//showthread.php?t=2125034

we went on the BVE on the star , easter sunday...there is parking a couple blocks away ,inside pier 30 I THINK:rolleyes:

anyway it was not open when we got there, so 1 block further we turned left at stop light and the is a parking lot on the corner...not cheap at 40 bucks for the day:eek:

we were going to do the BVE then spend the rest of the afternoon at peir 39,but the day ending up cold & windy and thats no good for walking around ;)

dave

I had thought it was only US ports?

Does anybody know if this can be done when sailing from Southampton, UK.

We have relations that are taking us to the ship for the London to Australia trip next September.

Thank Andrew

I've also had my BVE friends bring on wine for me and no corkage fee.

Tom:)

Now that's something I hadn't thought of! As boarding passengers each BVE participant should be able to bring on their one free bottle of wine that could then be left with you onboard. Very good idea! I will remember this for the future.

Edited by Thrak

Now that's something I hadn't thought of! As boarding passengers each BVE participant should be able to bring on their one free bottle of wine that could then be left with you onboard. Very good idea! I will remember this for the future.

There was a discussion about this previously.

One poster claimed to have called princess, and been told it was

allowed.

I found that pretty funny, as I'm sure if 2 more people had called

princess they would have gotten 3 more answers.

allowed.

I wouldn't bother calling Princess. A BVE passenger has a boarding pass and full use of the ship during their stay. They may well want to bring a bottle of wine aboard to share with the people who are sailing while visiting their cabin. If they don't drink it there is no reason they couldn't leave it with those who are sailing.

Asking Princess is just asking for problems.

Yes! Go PACK Go!!! :)

As long as they take good care of our local boy at QB. He got pretty banged up last season. He played his high school ball at the school about a mile from my house where my kids went to school. My grandson thinks he's a minor deity.

The funny part is that my wife always liked the Packers - mostly because they are a home-town-owned team. When Aaron Rodgers went there it was just icing on the cake. :)

I wouldn't bother calling Princess. A BVE passenger has a boarding pass and full use of the ship during their stay. They may well want to bring a bottle of wine aboard to share with the people who are sailing while visiting their cabin. If they don't drink it there is no reason they couldn't leave it with those who are sailing.

Asking Princess is just asking for problems.

I agree. :cool:

Packer fan here from the Lombardi, Starr, et. al. days...

Me too! I think I started cheering for them in 1963. Been a fan ever since. After all the entertainment they provided, I even donated some money to them and bought a share of stock to become a "owner". Looks good on the wall...:)

Mike

The Green Bay Packers are my second favourite football team, after my beloved Washington Professional Football Team. I love that they're fan-owned. A business model I and my fellow Washington fans could really get behind after the past few years . . . .

allowed.

The key is to stop calling as soon as you get the answer you want.