JADE Air Conditioning in Cabins

scoochy12

I just saw a review that said the AC in the cabins is lowered at night. Anyone recently on the Jade that can confirm if this is true? Does the thermostat show a temperature? If so what was it? Or was it only High to Low cooling? I like it cold when I sleep and have not had a problem in our other 2 NCL cruises but they were the Epic and Getaway. A little worried about the AC....

It has about 5 levels that you set yourself. There is also a "repaid cool" button.

There is no temperature display.

I don't think it's set colder at night, just works better because it's colder outside.

Agree with this.

YOU have the control, within reason. We like it really cold at night. It is cool, but not cold...would guess around 68?

Agree with this.

YOU have the control, within reason. We like it really cold at night. It is cool, but not cold...would guess around 68?

Yes we do too, I hope the temps stay moderate and that it is cool enough at night to sleep.

Yes we do too, I hope the temps stay moderate and that it is cool enough at night to sleep.

You can always request that the steward remove the duvet from the bed and ask to sleep with a thinner blanket, they have done that for me in the past.

Just a thought, but I have experienced this a few times...when the room steward comes in to turn down your bed and clean the room for the night, they sometimes mess with the thermostat. I have come back to freezing cold rooms set as low as they can go when I know that it wasn't the setting that I had it on when I left. So, they do mess with the thermostats during the cruise and if you do find that it is uncomfortable in the room (either too cold or too hot), make sure that you always check to see if they might have adjusted it first. :)

Just a thought, but I have experienced this a few times...when the room steward comes in to turn down your bed and clean the room for the night, they sometimes mess with the thermostat. I have come back to freezing cold rooms set as low as they can go when I know that it wasn't the setting that I had it on when I left. So, they do mess with the thermostats during the cruise and if you do find that it is uncomfortable in the room (either too cold or too hot), make sure that you always check to see if they might have adjusted it first. :)

I agree. On nearly every cruise we have been on when we come back from dinner the cabins are freezing cold and the thermostat is set on the lowest setting. I think they lower the temp so they are cool while they are working in the cabin.

It is no big deal. We raise the temp to what we like and crawl under the duvet until the temp is back to our normal.

I agree. On nearly every cruise we have been on when we come back from dinner the cabins are freezing cold and the thermostat is set on the lowest setting. I think they lower the temp so they are cool while they are working in the cabin.

It is no big deal. We raise the temp to what we like and crawl under the duvet until the temp is back to our normal.

Yea, it never hurts to check it first to see if this is the problem (although I'm not really saying it IS the problem...just a suggestion with something I have run across). I also assumed that it probably is a little too hot in the rooms while they are cleaning and they adjust the temp to cool them down. Like you said...no big deal UNLESS I'm coming back from the pool and I dead stop frozen in time in my tracks once I enter the room from it being so cold. :p :eek: LOL