Cheers on Half Moon Cay

KOOLKEN

Hello! I will be in Half Moon Cay during the first week of June and will have the cheers program. I know that we can't get alcoholic beverages on the island with the program, but will we still get unlimited soda?

I have read that the sodas are not included either. But what is to stop you from bringing some of your cheers allotment in a personal cooler? You can request they leave the lids on beers.

From Carnival site: Note: This program is not offered at Half Moon Cay and Little Stirrup Cay.

Edited by n6uqqq

I have read that the sodas are not included either. But what is to stop you from bringing some of your cheers allotment in a personal cooler? You can request they leave the lids on beers.

Do they not check anything when you are leaving the ship? Will we not be "caught" doing this? I assume this is not something they intend for customers to do.

Edited by KOOLKEN

I don't know if they care if you bring your own, but if I am paying 57.44 per day I would try :D! Someone who has been to HMC can tell you if it has been done. They don't allow the cheers under the guise that they cannot track how many drinks you have had in real time and you could possibly go over. Me thinks it is only a revenue enhancement as the drinks are more expensive on shore.

From Carnival site: Note: This program is not offered at Half Moon Cay and Little Stirrup Cay.

I thought they wouldn't let you leave the lids on the beers? Anyone know this for certain?

I thought they wouldn't let you leave the lids on the beers? Anyone know this for certain?

WHile I dont get buckets all that often, I have requested that all but one remain unopened and was never challenged on this.

WHile I dont get buckets all that often, I have requested that all but one remain unopened and was never challenged on this.

I was wondering if you have the Cheers program, will they allow you to leave the lids on the beer?

I was wondering if you have the Cheers program, will they allow you to leave the lids on the beer?

Yes, people in our group did just that on the Breeze 4/5/15 sailing.

Edited by jimbo5544

But will they allow you to purchase the bucket of beer via cheers? I am thinking they will not.

No, but you can buy a beer every 5 minutes then ask for a bucket and ice. They will do that much for you. It is a bit of a pain.....

• 1 month later...

Don't forget you would be able to start accumulating drinks the day before as well.

Beers and if you want why not some shots straight. You could put it in a travel mug, once ashore they have ice and mixers available.

I don't get the cheers program myself, but I don't see why you shouldn't be able to use it this way.

Have a great cruise

Don't forget you would be able to start accumulating drinks the day before as well.

Beers and if you want why not some shots straight. You could put it in a travel mug, once ashore they have ice and mixers available.

I don't get the cheers program myself, but I don't see why you shouldn't be able to use it this way.

Have a great cruise

I thought of that but people with cheers shouldnt have to work so hard to get their moneys worth

Do they not check anything when you are leaving the ship? Will we not be "caught" doing this? I assume this is not something they intend for customers to do.

it is known as the 'reverse smuggle' getting beers to HMC. Order beer the day before or the morning of, one at a time requesting them be unopened. Most bar tenders will accommodate this without caring what you're up to.

I have never had items inspected leaving the boat. With the exception of food, you should be good walking off with the drinks. Many have used the beach bag that CCL used to provide to platinum guests for just this.

it is known as the 'reverse smuggle' getting beers to HMC. Order beer the day before or the morning of, one at a time requesting them be unopened. Most bar tenders will accommodate this without caring what you're up to.

I have never had items inspected leaving the boat. With the exception of food, you should be good walking off with the drinks. Many have used the beach bag that CCL used to provide to platinum guests for just this.

Actually, since there is nothing in the cruise contract about taking alcohol off the ship, I wouldn't consider this smuggling nor give the procedure the negative reputation that smuggling has.