Explorer of the seas/ rebooking

My interpretation of those reviews is that these cruisers did no research then expected the cruise line to hold their hand & guide them every step of the way. I don't have a cruise booked on Explorer but nothing I read would stop me from booking or make me rethink a reservation.

I for one take those reviews with a pinch of salt. When you think there would've been over 3000 passengers on board to read 3 or 4 bad reviews will not put me off. Don't get me wrong, I have never cruised before and I have spent over 5k for a cruise on explorer in august. We will make the holiday the best we can and are looking forward to visiting a lot of new countries. As long as we can eat, drink and be merry, (and my wife can sunbathe) we'll be happy. Oh yeah, and the ship doesn't sink..;)

We sail on Explorer in July but these reviews have not put me off. Last year I read some awful reviews about Indy that were nothing like what we experienced on board.

The review complaining about lack of time in port did they not read itiniery when they booked. May be just me but I do my research on ports and possible attractions to visit - we mainly do our own thing in port based on advice from ports of call board on here.

I have just returned from short cruise on Anthem and service was not too good on there either so may be staff just are not up to speed yet.

Be interesting to see if reviews improve over next few cruises.

Never in a million years would I cancel a cruise because of a few negative reviews. I'm on explorer in September and cannot wait!

There have always been 'dodgy' reviews for the other two RCI ships that I have sailed on, I have nothing bad to report on them.

Enjoy! :cool:

I'm booked on the Explorer. I have looked at the reviews after the dry dock and they are not good at all. I hope things will settle down and the negative reviews are mainly just due to the dry dock and will get better. Having cruised with RCI a few times, I know what the company can deliver.

Edited by sky0000547

We are booked on a B2B for 22 straight days starting 5/26. No way that I am going to cancel - already have non-refundable flights booked. One thing that we never do...............book the first few cruises after a refurb or on an inaugural cruise!!!!!! Always wait for about 3-4 cruises - there are always problems with continuing work to be done / new crew to get acclimated / old crew is so tired from working on the refub / supplies late at the port - all kinds of start up problems.

These don't bother me at all and I agree with a lot of the comments already made on here. I never pay too much attention to reviews, whether they are good or bad. I appreciate hearing opinions but how one person views something will be completely different to how someone else views it and something that is a huge issue to one person will mean very little to the next. I like to form my own opinions.

It seems as though a lot of the reviews are from people who did little or no research, especially regarding the itinerary and expected everything to literally be handed to them. As for complaining that it took 6 hours for a suitcase to be delivered... really?! I'm impressed if mine is at my cabin before my late dinner seating the first evening!

Yes, there definitely seem to be a correlation in aspects of food problems at the beginning of the cruise but this wouldn't deter me. Issues happen. The ship had quite clearly not run out of food. It seems like most issues were resolved by the following evening.

I too will be interested to read the reviews from the next cruise which returns on Friday.

I am really looking forward to all of my upcoming cruises - including the ones on Explorer.

One thing that we never do...............book the first few cruises after a refurb or on an inaugural cruise!!!!!! Always wait for about 3-4 cruises - there are always problems with continuing work to be done / new crew to get acclimated / old crew is so tired from working on the refub / supplies late at the port - all kinds of start up problems.

Couldn't agree more!

Im on the May 23rd 3 nighter and have to admit to being concerned by these reviews.

I've sailed many times before and avidly read the reviews, but I don't think I have ever seen 4 consecutively so poor.

Yes, a couple of the comments were daft, like the numbers on board and the time in ports. But the food, unfinished bits and crap entertainment seem consistent, even from some reviewers who have clearly sailed a few times before.

I have never taken a cruise on a new ship, nor one right after a dry dock.

Asking those more experienced than me..... Do you think Royal will wake up to these complaints and put things right or is the Explorer doomed this summer?

We sailed on Explorer a couple of years ago. We really loved the ship. I am very disappointed to read these reviews. I always take what I read with a grain of salt. However, there are too many poor reviews to dismiss them all.

Spring break was a big factor in some of these--but not all of the reviews. I hope RCL does the staff training needed to make the Explorer the ship it used to be.

Hey

I am sure a lot of this is down to the dry dock and a few things not fully finished. We sailed Holland America in the Caribbean last November and the reviews were mixed about the Noordam before we went but we had a wonderful vacation and had no issues at all.

I generally consider the reviews but go anyway and take things as I find them - if I have to complain I do it in a constructive manner and in honesty I have always had issues sorted.

I am booked on the May 26th sailing and am looking forward to it, I will do my review as ever when I come home and will be honest with good, bad and any other necessary comments and hope people take it as how I found it on MY SPECIFIC time on the ship in one specific cabin doing what we do as a couple which of course may well be totally different to what others either expect or do on their particular cruise.

Hope you all enjoy your trips and go with a positive attitude.

Regards

Geoff

Spring break was a big factor in some of these.

Spring Break as I understand is pretty much an American Occasion.

Although I realise spring breakers do travel I would be very surprised if their venue of choice was Southampton, or for that matter a cruise of the Bay of Biscay at 3 times the daily rate of a Bahamas trip

Hello all, just wondering is anyone else thinking about rebooking on another cruise having seen the reviews on EOS today (shocking):eek:

I just hope that RCCL sees the reviews also. I'm booked on the June 3 cruise out of Southampton. I am cringing at the reviews that I'm reading for the refurbished Explorer. Anyone have anything positive to say about the Ship??

I just hope that RCCL sees the reviews also. I'm booked on the June 3 cruise out of Southampton. I am cringing at the reviews that I'm reading for the refurbished Explorer. Anyone have anything positive to say about the Ship??

I am on the June 3rd sailing and really looking forward to it your holiday is what YOU make of it. Hubby and I were in Mumbi this year and the hotel well:eek: but we laughed all the time and it became a talking point on our return did we enjoy the holiday yes we did would we go again yes of course. The comments were vague port stops not long enough check the itinery take medication and need food make sure you have some available there is always food somewhere on the cruise, bird poo in the pool :rolleyes: the food may not always be there on time exactly how you like it but at the end of the day its mass catering they are very unlikely to please 100% all of the time

Hopefully all the little niggles will be gone by the time we sail if not then we will make the best of it and have a great time:)

I'm also booked on Explorer on 3rd June and admit to being a little worried about the universally bad reviews both on here and on Cruise.co.uk. The cruise is our first and a double celebration, our honeymoon and my birthday, so i'd hate not to enjoy it. It appears the dry dock definitely caused issues but hopefully as there's a few more sailing between now and then they'll all be sorted. One of the review referred to lack of seating but mentioned that more was being loaded at the last stop so hopefully that will also be dealt with.

You're all right a holiday is what you make it and i'm really excited about the stops and unlike the first cruise always a full day at each except Gibraltar. Nice to see a few posters also on this sailing. Looking forward to meeting you all!