Live from the Breakaway

Granny DI

Hey Granny Di,

So happy to hear about your experience. After the Azamara cruise we shared, you know we won't be returning, and now NCL is giving HAL a run for our money.

We will be in an aft penthouse on the Epic, so especially glad to hear you're happy.

Enjoy! Looking forward to more posts.

Marion

Weather at sea has been wonderful..70 ish. I'm not a water person so can't tell you about the pools. We come to Bermuda to play golf. We're playing golf tomorrow and Thursday. Friday is just a walk around day. Weather is supposed to be perfect for golf tomorrow but thunderstorms on Thursday. It has never rained during any of our cruises to Bermuda.

BTW the Internet is awesome....our friends got the unlimited package...we have 1000 megs and will never use them. I have spent the last two days either in the spa or on my balcony.

You know it's a good cruise when the passengers are nice and polite to each other! I haven't heard a single complaint from anyone!

We Set sail on the 24th on the breakaway, first time NCL. I am so sad to hear all the food nonsense! I was looking forward to picking out my own breakfast and enjoying it on our balcony, please tell me there are no food police, and we might be able to still do this! Any tips for first time NCL cruiser and the best place to get lunch on embarkation day? Thanks so much and ENJOY!

We Set sail on the 24th on the breakaway, first time NCL. I am so sad to hear all the food nonsense! I was looking forward to picking out my own breakfast and enjoying it on our balcony, please tell me there are no food police, and we might be able to still do this! Any tips for first time NCL cruiser and the best place to get lunch on embarkation day? Thanks so much and ENJOY!

There have been no reports yet of any food police.

As for lunch on embarkation days, one of the MDRs (either Taste or Savor on Deck 6) is always open. I suggest heading there rather than to the buffet or Osheehan's.

Just came off the Breakaway on Sunday, You can go to the garden buffet and take out your breakfast back to your room,or sit by the pool too. Room service from 7:00am to 10:00 am is free for coffee and Danish, but if you order hot food their is charge of $7.95.Room service after 10:00am is a charge of $7.95. You can only take food from the buffet not from any other place. I asked to take out food from O'sheehan's they said no. On embarkation day we went to uptown grill, had the best giant hamburgers with fries. Not crowded with a great view. If you are still hungry, go down the stairs ,the buffet is right there, but it is very busy! They have great deserts and great selection of ice cream ,hard and soft kind! We found the food very good on the ship All the complimentary dining has good food. If you don't like something,leave it and pick out new item. You will find something you like. O'sheehan's has great wings ,fish and chips , chicken pot pie. Make sure you try Shanghai's Noodle Bar, great food,it's free and open for dinner! We like all the main dining rooms, Manhattan has a dance floor with music. They did serve Prime rib ,three times that week, But had other great choices too. We loved the lamb shanks the last night!! So tender!! I hope this was a help to you and others!!!

Just came off the Breakaway on Sunday, You can go to the garden buffet and take out your breakfast back to your room,or sit by the pool too. Room service from 7:00am to 10:00 am is free for coffee and Danish, but if you order hot food their is charge of $7.95.Room service after 10:00am is a charge of $7.95. You can only take food from the buffet not from any other place. I asked to take out food from O'sheehan's they said no. On embarkation day we went to uptown grill, had the best giant hamburgers with fries. Not crowded with a great view. If you are still hungry, go down the stairs ,the buffet is right there, but it is very busy! They have great deserts and great selection of ice cream ,hard and soft kind! We found the food very good on the ship All the complimentary dining has good food. If you don't like something,leave it and pick out new item. You will find something you like. O'sheehan's has great wings ,fish and chips , chicken pot pie. Make sure you try Shanghai's Noodle Bar, great food,it's free and open for dinner! We like all the main dining rooms, Manhattan has a dance floor with music. They did serve Prime rib ,three times that week, But had other great choices too. We loved the lamb shanks the last night!! So tender!! I hope this was a help to you and others!!!

Very helpful and informative. Thanks for reporting back.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

Hi Granny -

Could you tell me if Sponge Bob is still on the ship (the actual character) - taking our 6 year old grandson this summer and was hoping "Bob" would be onboard.

Also, last year - Frozen was shown one night at Spice H2O - any outdoor movies this year?

We just came of the ship this Sunday, We saw Sponge BOB at the Atrium dancing with the children! The children were having a great time. Just check your freestyle daily for the time. You can ask at the service desk ,maybe they can give you the exact time. When we went out at Bermuda, Sponge bob was there for picture taking.

Our party has both Haven Aft suites on decks 9 and 12, plus another group on 11 and 10. Everyone is thrilled with their suites and butlers. The most skeptic of our group is in love with the Haven and her suite!

Age range is 45 to 90 so I was very concerned after reading the posts here on CC. Everyone loves it as much as we do....like I said earlier it's even better than last year!

Had suite 12904 last November and just loved it. The balcony is WONDERFUL. Is Jonathan still the butler for the aft suites?

Please try taking a plate of wings from O'Sheehans for me and send us a thumbs up picture of the wings making it back to your balcony [emoji3][emoji106]🏻 that would put my mind at ease

YES! :) Me and my husband loved eating wings on the balcony and just relaxing.

Yep....1000 Meg's $125! We think it's a screaming deal! We used to run up Internet charges well over $250. We'll never use the 1000 Megs!

Given how slow the speed is on ships, data usage is much more fair!

Is that deal only for using a pc in their library or can you use it for your own device in the cabin? If so, can more that one device access the same package (e.g. my iphone and my kindle)?

Cheers!

Hi Granny -

Could you tell me if Sponge Bob is still on the ship (the actual character) - taking our 6 year old grandson this summer and was hoping "Bob" would be onboard.

Also, last year - Frozen was shown one night at Spice H2O - any outdoor movies this year?

I posted something for you, it is under your org. message. Yes I did see Sponge Bob, see my posting / Have a Blessed trip, our son used the Splash club for children, He had so much fun there, you might give that a try for your grandson, they take good care of the children, while having lots of fun with them! That will give you a little free time for yourself:)

call and get someone else I was able to book the manhattan room for 5:30 first night for 11 people but only seating of 5:30 I did it through group events I have to see if I can find the email adress

YES! :) Me and my husband loved eating wings on the balcony and just relaxing.

I just came off the Breakaway, I tried to take out some food from O'Sheehan's to my room and I was told it is not allowed.:( But, you are able to take out food from the Garden Café Buffet to your room or the pool area.:) So, enjoy , and be happy!!:rolleyes:

Hi there! Glad you're having such a great time! :)

I do have a specific question - we were on the Star recently in a penthouse suite, and they had such wonderful bathrobes, huge, soft, fluffy, and a heavy weight, with nice embroidered kind of edging. (It was NOT a waffle robe.) There was a note saying you could buy one, but I completely forgot to do so, or even ask how much they were!

Would you mind asking your butler how much those robes are, and if there's a way to purchase one once you're OFF the ship? Thank you so much!!

call and get someone else I was able to book the manhattan room for 5:30 first night for 11 people but only seating of 5:30 I did it through group events I have to see if I can find the email adress

Same here! I emailed group events for a party of 11 at 5:30 each night in Manhattan Room, and at first they replied that the only way to do this is to have one of us book a party of 8 and another book a party of 3, then go to guest services when we board and have the reservations linked. So I was persistent and replied that someone I know did this through group events recently (it was actually someone who posted it here in CC), and the next day I got an email confirming our reservations in Manhattan Room each night, and then one for Cagney's for the 11 of us as well. They sent me a PDF with the confirmation of each reservation, which in will print and bring with me. These reservations do not show up on MyNCL, which I also learned here on CC when I asked. I didn't realize 5:30 was the only time they would book it...that happened to be the time we prefer.