DIAMONDS and PLATINUMS ONLY - NO GUESTS - OFFICIAL

Elaine515

And a bottle of water. :p

No need to feel sorry for Gold members. They can be Platinum soon enough if they so choose. Myself, I only have 3 cruises to go before being Platinum and for the money, it's well worth it to stay with Carnival than to ever sail NCL again.

Takes 49 days to get from gold to platinum. Average family, one vacation a year. Will take 7 7 day cruises to reach the next level. So 7 years to get from one level to the next. Guess that's soon to you eh ?

Takes 49 days to get from gold to platinum. Average family, one vacation a year. Will take 7 7 day cruises to reach the next level. So 7 years to get from one level to the next. Guess that's soon to you eh ?

I guess which begs the question, how many should it take? What is the correct level? What is the right answer?

I guess which begs the question, how many should it take? What is the correct level? What is the right answer?

Not in my field of expertise. Glad that my field doesn't have it. I transport some of the same people every week. But many admit, Carnival gave the gold the bone.

Not in my field of expertise. Glad that my field doesn't have it. I transport some of the same people every week. But many admit, Carnival gave the gold the bone.

I'm scratching my head to figure out what your response is referring to. Who are the many? Gold members who say they really don't care and then in the next sentence say something that totally disagrees with that? Truth be known, Carnival gave no one "the bone", they just changed the criteria on who could attend a small event meant to recognize their most significant return cruisers, for reasons due to overcrowding.

Well I'm currently at 49 days and have a 7 and 8 night cruise already booked and looking into one of the 11 night Journey cruises so that cruise will make me Plat. I'm not worried about what the average family does, I'm worried about what I do. There were times where I only took a cruise every 2+ years, other times I've taken 3 cruises in one year. If I only ever sailed Carnival I would have been Plat a long time ago but as I've stated before, I'm loyal to my wife and my wallet and perks are just icing on the cake, not what I pay for when I take a cruise. So if a family is more worried about perks, then they should find a way to cruise more often but that's not me. Heck, I'd be happy if they got rid of the loyalty program completely and lowered the price of the cruise by $10. That would also probably stop half the threads here in the forums.

Edited by Out to sea!

it took us 15 years to reach platinum!!:) whats your hurry?

We'll be very interested in what happens on our Aug. cruise. My wife and I will be Diamond and bringing our 12 year old granddaughter for her first cruise. If she isn't allowed in, we can't (won't) attend.

I dont care for the way Carnival has done this but a first time cruiser should not be invited. Besides dont think a 12 year old girl would care for it anyway

We'll be very interested in what happens on our Aug. cruise. My wife and I will be Diamond and bringing our 12 year old granddaughter for her first cruise. If she isn't allowed in, we can't (won't) attend.

So the thinking is, it should be an exception?

I just sailed under the "new" program. The invitations were delivered to the cabin, one for each eligible person.

They were not collected at the door, and crashers still attended. We rode in the elevator with a laughing couple, each with 2 beers in their hands and her having a red tag around her neck. :) Said they were given a "friends" platinum card. Though it was great, they got away with all the free drinks.

The appetizers were superior to the previous menu. It still was a crowded affair, with waits for bar and food service. There was a line at the bar with people getting their own drinks. (we had full view from the back row)

I just sailed under the "new" program. The invitations were delivered to the cabin, one for each eligible person.

They were not collected at the door, and crashers still attended. We rode in the elevator with a laughing couple, each with 2 beers in their hands and her having a red tag around her neck. :) Said they were given a "friends" platinum card. Though it was great, they got away with all the free drinks.

The appetizers were superior to the previous menu. It still was a crowded affair, with waits for bar and food service. There was a line at the bar with people getting their own drinks. (we had full view from the back row)

I believe we were on the same cruise, Legend to Alaska. The lounge was very full, although it was a smallish one. There were 400 Platinums and 39 Diamonds in the Firebird Lounge, according to GSM Caroline. Even without crashers it would have been packed. We were able to try the new appetizers; they were good. I finally was able to get one drink, a very strong margarita. Almost all tequila; couldn't drink it. DH went to the bar and got me a glass of wine. There were only a few servers working the party, far too few. Oddly, the invite said the party was from 4:30-5:00. Only 30 min.? But, it didn't end suddenly at 5:00.

Unfortunately, not the best party. The Diamond Party with the Captain was much better.:)

Welp, this will certainly keep me away from them. Im turning platinum on my next cruise, however I am also getting married soon. My new wife hasnt been on nearly as many as me, so now I have to tell her to hang out somewhere for an hour just so I can go watch an infomercial and enjoy a free drink? Nope, no thanks.

Carnival, this is a great way to start alienating those younger people who have been faithful to your company, who are trying to bring new people into your brand.

I'm truly nor trying to be disrespectful, but is the party that great? Is it just free drinks and food or what?

I have been on 38 Carnival cruises and if I got the free drink the gold get I wouldn't go. I'm diamond and think the 9 dollars drink is a good deal.

it took us 15 years to reach platinum!!:) whats your hurry?

Will take us that long or longer to get there. We cruise about every other year. But each time we cruise we spend $4,000 to $5,000 each cruise. Seems as if Carnival does not value my vacation dollars.

Welp, this will certainly keep me away from them. Im turning platinum on my next cruise, however I am also getting married soon. My new wife hasnt been on nearly as many as me, so now I have to tell her to hang out somewhere for an hour just so I can go watch an infomercial and enjoy a free drink? Nope, no thanks.

Carnival, this is a great way to start alienating those younger people who have been faithful to your company, who are trying to bring new people into your brand.

New people have ENVER been invited to the party. Why would you think they would/should be allowed just because you're marrying one??? :confused:

Will take us that long or longer to get there. We cruise about every other year. But each time we cruise we spend $4,000 to $5,000 each cruise. Seems as if Carnival does not value my vacation dollars.

Try spending half that and go twice as often and you'll get there sooner. ;)

Realistically, your vacation dollars are no better or worse than anyone else's vacation dollars but if you're unhappy with Carnival's loyalty program you can spend a few more thousand per cruise and cruise with a different line (while starting over at the bottom again). Maybe something like NCL that gives you multiple points per night, per cruise while nickel and diming you to death. :D

So marrying you makes her special? :cool:

And your point is?

So marrying you makes her special? :cool:

No. Wow.... Man you guys really missed the point.

Lets say I decide to have a party at my own home. Do I invite over my friend, who I have known for many years, but tell him that his new wife isnt invited because I haven't known her as long? What if they traveled from out of town to this party? How often is any invitation to a celebration or party in this world, not extended to the recipient's guest? We arent talking about a free trip to Tahiti here. We are talking about a couple of watered down $6 drinks.

Lets say I decide to have a party at my own home. Do I invite over my friend, who I have known for many years, but tell him that his new wife isnt invited because I haven't known her as long? What if they traveled from out of town to this party? How often is any invitation to a celebration or party in this world, not extended to the recipient's guest? We arent talking about a free trip to Tahiti here. We are talking about a couple of watered down $6 drinks.

Totally agree with you.

BTW drinks arent watered down 3-4 and we both feel them.:)

What kind of analogy is that? It is a reception for their most loyal guests. Period. Not everybody they can drag a long, part of their extended family of friends or pople they met waiting to board. If you tjonk it is a couple of wwatered down drinks, than I guess you won't mind not going. ;)