Any suggestions?

bradboy

So, my hubby and I are being brave. We're cruising Fascination 5 day for fall break. The kicker is my budget is tight ( doing this only for the kids) and we will be having me, hubby, 10 yr old son, 10 yr sons friend, and 14 yr old Godson in a ....... INSIDE cabin!

Yes, a quint interior. I think I may kick myself out of the room and head to Serentity to sleep!

Ok, all jokes aside does anyone have suggestions that might have stayed in a quint room before? Love to hear from you

So, my hubby and I are being brave. We're cruising Fascination 5 day for fall break. The kicker is my budget is tight ( doing this only for the kids) and we will be having me, hubby, 10 yr old son, 10 yr sons friend, and 14 yr old Godson in a ....... INSIDE cabin!

Yes, a quint interior. I think I may kick myself out of the room and head to Serentity to sleep!

Ok, all jokes aside does anyone have suggestions that might have stayed in a quint room before? Love to hear from you

I would check to see if there are any quint inside cabins.

You may know this - but don't forget the showers by the gym. I would personally kick all the "boys" out so you can have the room to yourself to get ready for dinner.

Or vice versa, take up a tote of your things - there's more room - and have a nice sauna first :D

And...earplugs...earplugs would be good!

Edited by Bobblefrog

Wow...very tight space. We did 4 and don't think we would do it again. Not sure where they even put the pull out trundle?? They do have connecting insides, might not be that much more, not sure what your paying for 3,4&5th persons?

Ah, it'll be fine. Just resign yourself to the fact that some parts are not going to be ideal, like space. I'd definitely get an overdoor hanger for everyone's toiletries, designate a spot for laundry, and stay on top of the clutter. Otherwise, I imagine your room at night will be wall to wall people, much like camping only not as hot, way more comfortable bedding, AND you will wake up somewhere fabulous and tropical in the morning.

Because I know how my own boys are, I'd also probably ban them from eating in the room at all. Just because 3 boys eating equals 4 to 6 trays or so and that is just too much messy clutter to introduce to the mix.

That's all the advice I can think of besides don't worry and have a good time. It's just a place to sleep and store your clothes, really. It'll be good incentive to get out of the cabin and enjoy the vacation!

Yes done this- not bad at all.

1. Everyone gets 1 shelf in closet- adequate room.

2. Suitcases go under bed- leave lessly used items in suitcase like sweatshirts

3. Every gets 1 shelf in bathroom

4. Bring xtra hangars- we brought about 5 each

Do shifts for showers, this worked fine. I usually went first as i take longest to get ready. Pressed for time then use gym showers

5. Dont bring duplicate items like toothpaste

Dirty clothes bag so boys font just leavethem on floor- set rules up front

6. Room is nota hangout- sleeping and showering.

Be positive this willl work.

We did it with our three daughters back in January. They were 7, 11, 15. It wasn't too bad, except my 11 year old had just started puberty. I felt we had plenty of room. My husband and I kept our beds separated and it felt more roomy. We didn't spend much time in room and took turns getting ready. I found if we opened closet door that was near our front door, someone could get dressed behind it. You'll get a system worked out.

We like to bring an over the door organizer. The kind with all the shoe pockets. It works great to hold everyone's cameras, deodorant, etc... I designated one bottom closet as dirty laundry. All the dirty stuff just got stuffed in all our suitcases on last night. I separated it when I got home.

Yes done this- not bad at all.

1. Everyone gets 1 shelf in closet- adequate room.

2. Suitcases go under bed- leave lessly used items in suitcase like sweatshirts

3. Every gets 1 shelf in bathroom

4. Bring xtra hangars- we brought about 5 each

Do shifts for showers, this worked fine. I usually went first as i take longest to get ready. Pressed for time then use gym showers

5. Dont bring duplicate items like toothpaste

Dirty clothes bag so boys font just leavethem on floor- set rules up front

6. Room is nota hangout- sleeping and showering.

Be positive this willl work.

Agree with all but steward will be happy to supply extra hangers.

Make sure everyone picks up after themselves and doesnt hog bathroom.

As long as all know in advance the cabin will be very small so being tidy and considerate with dressing/bathroom times is a must.

Great thing is that you're CRUISING! :)

Look forward to having a Wonderful time! :D

LuLu

Since you have your husband with you, I would suggest to keep the beds together. On this ship, the rooms are set up different than the interiors on bigger ships. With bigger ships' interiors, you would definitely want to separate the beds with that setup. But with the setup you will have, I don't think it makes much difference in spacing whether the beds are together or not. It might actually be worse to have them separate.

I have done 5 in an OV room on a similar ship, and that room was the same size as yours (all non-suite rooms are the same size). It was manageable, but if I ever have 4 adults or more, we will spring for 2 rooms or a larger room.

These are pics I found of a quint on a sister ship of yours. This is exactly how my 5-person room looked too. I can't envision, from these, that separating the beds would help.

Fantasyquint1.jpg

Fantasyquint2.jpg

Definitely separate the beds. Those pictures above show why! Nothing is going to be going on with 3 kids in the room anyway! We just sailed 3 in an interior on Fantasy with my daughter in a trundle. Here is what we did and had floor space galore. Put the two twins in an L shape. There will be some open space in the corner where the corner shelf is. Put the chair back there and stack stuff like beach towels on it. Also put extra empty suitcases that won't fit under the bed. Put the nightstands or vanity chair if you don't want them taking up space. Put the trundle bed against the 3rd wall so that the 3 beds form a U shape. The trundle will just slightly slide under the desk a little. Not a problem. The bunks will be over the trundle and the twin on the opposite wall. The two people who sleep in the trundle and the bed under the "window" will have their heads pretty close together. Maybe you would want to take the trundle and you and your husband would be head to head at right angles. I thought the trundle was more comfortable than the bed but my daughter wouldn't switch with me!

We had trouble getting our steward to understand how we wanted them set up but once he made up the beds as twins, we moved them into position ourselves. Remember, interiors on Fantasy class are same size as oceanview so that is not an issue. You will be happy with this arrangement. Go to the spa yourself for shower!