Aarp gift cards!!!!!!!!!!

mabones

I need to get a couple more but going to wait and see if Carnival runs the Black Friday Special they did last year. 10% off for $300 and $500 but if you had a Carnival Mastercard it was 20% off. Hoping I can snag a couple of $500's and get $200 off. Here's to hoping!:D

***DELETED - Found the answer to my question.***:D

Edited by OKC Cruisers

Yes they are! I got a couple yesterday and that's all the budget allows for this week. But them still being out there is tempting I tell ya! Lol

I hear ya, I wonder if they are stocking more as they seem to last alot longer also this is the 4th time they have sold them this month alone! When I started buying them in June it was once that month.............:confused:

I hear ya, I wonder if they are stocking more as they seem to last alot longer also this is the 4th time they have sold them this month alone! When I started buying them in June it was once that month.............:confused:

I wonder too. I hope so as when these first started being sold through both AARP and Verizon, you could go online anytime and just buy them. Fingers crossed they have measured the demand and met it and there won't be long gaps anymore where they are unavailable.

One thing I think is great is that they capped the max daily to 5. I would feel so bad for people on here. Someone would post they were available then you would see others post how they got 10, 20, or more cards!! In 20 minutes, they would be gone.

I wonder too. I hope so as when these first started being sold through both AARP and Verizon, you could go online anytime and just buy them. Fingers crossed they have measured the demand and met it and there won't be long gaps anymore where they are unavailable.

One thing I think is great is that they capped the max daily to 5. I would feel so bad for people on here. Someone would post they were available then you would see others post how they got 10, 20, or more cards!! In 20 minutes, they would be gone.

I am sure that has alot to do with the availability as I was looking to buy 1 or 2 and I saw a post where someone bought 20 at one time!!! :eek: It was hard buying them as it took me till late July before I was able to snag some. It would be great if they could keep them in stock all of the time, but that would not make getting them as fun!

I am sure that has alot to do with the availability as I was looking to buy 1 or 2 and I saw a post where someone bought 20 at one time!!! :eek: It was hard buying them as it took me till late July before I was able to snag some. It would be great if they could keep them in stock all of the time, but that would not make getting them as fun!

It must be nice to be able to buy 20 (even 100's) at one time; I am just looking for a couple 500's between now and the middle of January to be sure my S&S for my Glory cruse is completely covered. That way I can spread the cost out over several billing cycles.

Edited by LeeRB

FYI: According to AARP Rewards, under $ 300 worth of cards will be sent via Post Office with 15 Business days for arrival.

$ 400 + in GC will be sent via UPS (3-5 Business Days) and WILL REQUIRE SIGNATURE.

Every time they come up I buy at least a couple.

Yeah, the UPS delivery is a pain. They came to my house, and of course, I'm not there during the day. Had to wait for them to be held at the UPS office so I could go get them. This time, I had them sent to my office.

Edited by Laurie S.

I am a newbie to gift cards, not cruising. I have never purchased one, and would like to, but don't know the steps.

Can someone kindly walk me thru the steps. I belong to AARP and went to their website, and do not see any links. I put gift card in the search window and nothing comes up.

Thanks

I am a newbie to gift cards, not cruising. I have never purchased one, and would like to, but don't know the steps.

Can someone kindly walk me thru the steps. I belong to AARP and went to their website, and do not see any links. I put gift card in the search window and nothing comes up.

Thanks

When on the AARP home page, you will see a red banner across the top. On that banner, look for Rewards for Good. Click on that and it takes you to the page where everything is explained. Take little quizzes to earn points that can then be put towards a reward with a reduced cost.

For those wishing to purchase a Royal Caribbean gift certificate: Please read the fine print.

Hope that helps.

Edited by retiredgram

When on the AARP home page, you will see a red banner across the top. On that banner, look for Rewards for Good. Click on that and it takes you to the page where everything is explained. Take little quizzes to earn points that can then be put towards a reward with a reduced cost.

For those wishing to purchase a Royal Caribbean gift certificate: Please read the fine print.

Hope that helps.

Thanks so much. I registered, and will watch out for the gift cards for my March cruise.