Aarp gift cards!!!!!!!!!!

mabones

I'll check daily. All I see are RCI for $100

Since you are subscribed to this thread, you should get emails from Cruise Critic when postings are made here. When the Carnival cards do become available; there will be a number of posting in a very short time.

If you have Verizon, when the cards are available through AARP; they seem to be also be available through Verizon Smart Rewards as well. Good luck in snagging some.

Lastly, ALWAYS read the Terms and Conditions closely before buying, I don’t use the AARP website; but on the Verizon website those RCL certificates have too many “can’t use for’s” and other strings associated with them for me.

Another way to build up points is to spend points. Although I, have never bought less than $500 worth of cards, every purchase has been rewarded with a 1000 point bonus card. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong,but if you spend 1000 point to buy a $100 gift card you will likely be "rewarded with a 1000 point bonus certificate" for each purchase. Good luck and welcome to the game.

Another way to build up points is to spend points. Although I, have never bought less than $500 worth of cards, every purchase has been rewarded with a 1000 point bonus card. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong,but if you spend 1000 point to buy a $100 gift card you will likely be "rewarded with a 1000 point bonus certificate" for each purchase. Good luck and welcome to the game.

Wow that took a few DAYS to sell out!!! :eek:

And yes with EVERY order on AARP, any order one gets the "Bonus Promo Code" for 1000 points.

Another AARP newbie question.

1. Can you use points to purchase gift cards cards?

2. Is there a link or FAQ's that gives a breakdown of points converted to

dollars saved?

I took a few quiz's and built up 6500 points today. I clicked the video, but left the room, and did not listen in it's entirety.

Thanks for your help

dollars saved?

I took a few quiz's and built up 6500 points today. I clicked the video, but left the room, and did not listen in it's entirety.

Thanks for your help

AARP uses points AND money for the gift cards, it is 10% savings, a $100 card will cost you $90 and 1000 points, etc.....

You can not buy gift cards with points only, BUT if you are on the site, from time to time they have various $10 cards for 500 points, no money, I have received a few, not bad, but it is a combination of points and money.....

dollars saved?

Thanks for your help

You save 10% on the gift cards. That's it. There's no way to use more points to get them for less.

Considering the points cost you nothing to earn, it's a good deal. Especially if you use them for everything like I do.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

OMG!! I can't order any more!!! Got my next 4 cruises, cheers for 2 AND sign and sale card covered. Good Gosh, since the cards are limited now to the amount you can purchase in a 24 hr period it's so much easier to get them!! Happy cruising!!

I'll keep checking. I only need $300...3 $100 coupons.

Question...If I purchase the $500 one, will he balance be converted to OBC?

My understanding is yes, to your question.:) If this is not correct, someone will speak up.

Edited by 1tuckersmom

I'll keep checking. I only need $300...3 $100 coupons.

Question...If I purchase the $500 one, will he balance be converted to OBC?

You can do either way, use the $500 to pay off balance and your card with have a $200 balance, take it to Guest services when you get on the ship and apply it to your sign and sail. And I do believe you can also pay balance off and ask that the remaining balance be put toward OBC. It's the same both ways, I just prefer doing it once I get on the ship, in case something happens that I have to rebook, less chance of mess up.