Aarp gift cards!!!!!!!!!!

mabones

Wow, I had lots of fun getting the AARP gift cards. Had 3 of the $500 gift cards in my cart on Saturday morning. Kept declining my CapitalOne credit card (get an extra 1.5% back on that card). Finally called their customer service when they opened at 10am EST. Of course they had sold out of the $500 cards at that time. I got AARP and the CapitalOne rep on the phone together. Neither could figure out why the credit card would not work. Finally was able to use another card to get 5 of the $100 cards (max allowed). So will keep watch for another offer.

Apparently AARP has updated their security and even extra spaces in address or anything that is not exactly the same as the credit card has for your account will kick it out. However, we checked all of that for the CapitalOne card and no luck.

Nice !

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

That's the spirit. If you want them, you gotta look at all times very often. Just brought one adding to my stack. Thanks!!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

YAY!!! For once I am happy I couldnt sleep!

Need ~ $1500 worth of cards. Any disadvantage to getting 15 - $100 cards versus 3 - $500 cards?

Go for the 3, $500 cards. It will be cheaper in shipping. And besides, unless you have multiple accounts then there's no way to buy 15 in a day. The max per account is 5 no matter the denomination.

Go for the 3, $500 cards. It will be cheaper in shipping. And besides, unless you have multiple accounts then there's no way to buy 15 in a day. The max per account is 5 no matter the denomination.

Thanks for the quick response. Reason for my question is that they only have $100 cards available at the moment. I will wait on the $500 cards.

Thanks for the quick response. Reason for my question is that they only have $100 cards available at the moment. I will wait on the $500 cards.

I would go ahead and get 5 right now. Then you can get 2, $500 cards tomorrow or whatever when they show up. That way at least you have those. Plus you can make sure you don't run into the issues you did last week with that security crap, which also happened to me the first few times I got these cards.

I would do 15 100s but thats me, and i would do 15 separate purchases. That way you get 15 1000 pt promo code slips. Yes shipping is more but the time it takes to earn 15k pts is much more time consuming for me. A few extra bucks shipping is nothing. My time is way more valuable by far.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I would go ahead and get 5 right now. Then you can get 2, $500 cards tomorrow or whatever when they show up. That way at least you have those. Plus you can make sure you don't run into the issues you did last week with that security crap, which also happened to me the first few times I got these cards.

Sorry I meant to say go ahead and get 5, $100 cards now. Duhh... Sorry. Lol

Can someone post a current link to where they are? I have not been able to find them. I can find them on Verizon just fine when they are available.
Go to http://rewards.aarp.org and log in (or register if you haven't already). Once logged in, you can either hover your cursor over the "Travel" tab, then click "Travel Gift Cards" from the menu or hover over the "Gift Cards" tab, then click "Travel" from the menu. On that page, choose Carnival from the left sidebar. If you don't see Carnival, they're not available. And for that matter, sometimes it appears but they'll be sold out.

If you happen to be logged in from http://www.aarp.org, just click on "Redeem My Points" to get to the Rewards for Good site.

Go to http://rewards.aarp.org and log in (or register if you haven't already). Once logged in, you can either hover your cursor over the "Travel" tab, then click "Travel Gift Cards" from the menu or hover over the "Gift Cards" tab, then click "Travel" from the menu. On that page, choose Carnival from the left sidebar. If you don't see Carnival, they're not available. And for that matter, sometimes it appears but they'll be sold out.

If you happen to be logged in from http://www.aarp.org, just click on "Redeem My Points" to get to the Rewards for Good site.

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you!

No problem. It can get a little confusing because their AARP homepage and Rewards for Good homepage are two separate sites, but you can access one from the other. If you're logged into aarp.org, you can earn points by clicking on Rewards for Good in the red header bar at the top of the page and then click Start Earning Points. That's where you can take a bunch of their quizzes for points. I'm not positive, but I think the amount of points you earn is based on how you do on the quiz. I've gotten 400 pts. from a quiz for getting all of them right (or all but one), but then yesterday I only got one question right on one of them and it didn't give me any points at all.

Another little tip: when you're on the aarp.org homepage, on the left side of the red header bar, click the Menu button. It'll open a sidebar. Click the drop down arrow next to your name, then click Newsletters. Here you can sign up to receive their email newsletters. This is where a junk email address comes in handy. The ones that give you points will be marked "Rewards for Good." You can always go back and uncheck them later, but it'll give you a lot of points just for signing up to receive them. I think I got 2,050 pts. Some of those newsletters contain promo codes to earn more points. You enter those at the top of rewards.aarp.org. Some of those newsletters contained online magazines that gave points for reading. I would just quickly click through to the end and it'd give me the points. Not always, though. You also get 50 pts. for logging in every day. If you have a FitBit, you can sync it to the AARP account and earn points for reaching milestones.

Wow ! I am not quite "old" enough for AARP but my mom has it and I was trying to use her account. No wonder so many people have AARP!

No problem. It can get a little confusing because their AARP homepage and Rewards for Good homepage are two separate sites, but you can access one from the other. If you're logged into aarp.org, you can earn points by clicking on Rewards for Good in the red header bar at the top of the page and then click Start Earning Points. That's where you can take a bunch of their quizzes for points. I'm not positive, but I think the amount of points you earn is based on how you do on the quiz. I've gotten 400 pts. from a quiz for getting all of them right (or all but one), but then yesterday I only got one question right on one of them and it didn't give me any points at all.

Another little tip: when you're on the aarp.org homepage, on the left side of the red header bar, click the Menu button. It'll open a sidebar. Click the drop down arrow next to your name, then click Newsletters. Here you can sign up to receive their email newsletters. This is where a junk email address comes in handy. The ones that give you points will be marked "Rewards for Good." You can always go back and uncheck them later, but it'll give you a lot of points just for signing up to receive them. I think I got 2,050 pts. Some of those newsletters contain promo codes to earn more points. You enter those at the top of rewards.aarp.org. Some of those newsletters contained online magazines that gave points for reading. I would just quickly click through to the end and it'd give me the points. Not always, though. You also get 50 pts. for logging in every day. If you have a FitBit, you can sync it to the AARP account and earn points for reaching milestones.

Wow ! I am not quite "old" enough for AARP but my mom has it and I was trying to use her account. No wonder so many people have AARP!

I'm nowhere near "old enough" either. You don't need to be a member or a certain age. Just sign up for the online part and not the paid membership.

I'm nowhere near "old enough" either. You don't need to be a member or a certain age. Just sign up for the online part and not the paid membership.

Anyone can join AARP. Although my husband is definitely "near." It's just a mature adult advocacy and awareness organization. Both my husband and I are members and love the discounts. My friends laugh at me when I pull out my AARP card but I have the last laugh. Lol[emoji14]