Aarp gift cards!!!!!!!!!!

mabones

How long does it take to get them in the mail?

I ordered on Tuesday the 18th of April and they were delivered on April 27th. However, I didn't know you had to call and verify the order as the email went to hubbies address as he is the AARP member. I called on Thursday. I think it would be safe to say one week for delivery.

What is the alert?
Some people set their CC accounts to email them when new comments are posted in the threads they subscribe to. Then they can be alerted to these new emails on their smartphones. There's also a CC app and another app that people use for these forums. Not sure, but you might be able to set notifications for new posts on subscribed threads with those apps too.

Ours came today by postal, but we only bought two $100 cards. I know people said if you bought a $500 card, you'd have to sign for it, but judging by your experience, it looks like you have to sign if it's $500 (or more) regardless of the card denomination.

I ordered three more today through another promotion for 15% off $100 Carnival e-cards. Saved $45. :) They sold out of 2,500 cards in 30 minutes.

What promotion were you able to get 15% off???

I saw someone post the offer on one of the Carnival facebook groups and took advantage to buy 2 @ 15% off. Great deal. Not only a great deal, the "cards" were emailed within a few days rather than hard plastic mailed thru snail mail.

The offer was from this site:

https://dailygetaways.ustravel.org/

I do not know how often they offer them.

I recently purchased gift cards from AARP, I purchased enough to pay of my cruise for October. My final date for a full refund is in July. My question is if for some reason I have to cancel, how would the refund be issued? Money back on the cards, regular check, cruise voucher or an other way. Has anybody experienced this?

I recently purchased gift cards from AARP, I purchased enough to pay of my cruise for October. My final date for a full refund is in July. My question is if for some reason I have to cancel, how would the refund be issued? Money back on the cards, regular check, cruise voucher or an other way. Has anybody experienced this?

I've read that folks have been advised to hang on to their cards in the event of cancellation, which leads me to believe the refund will go back to the cards.. I may be wrong tho

I saw someone post the offer on one of the Carnival facebook groups and took advantage to buy 2 @ 15% off. Great deal. Not only a great deal, the "cards" were emailed within a few days rather than hard plastic mailed thru snail mail.

The offer was from this site:

https://dailygetaways.ustravel.org/

I do not know how often they offer them.

It's a promotion sponsored by the U.S. Travel Association and, unfortunately, is only done once a year. This year was the first time they partnered with Carnival to offer the gift cards. It's the best discount I've seen so far, but you had to be quick. They only had 2,500 Carnival cards and they were sold out in 30 minutes. With such a big response, maybe they'll offer more next year.

They will issue the full amount paid back to you in the form of a single gift card.

My luck this morning. Credit card declined all my cards. Ugh. It just won't work for me. I have the money but they won't accept it

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I had the problem of trying to use a different shipping address then my billing address and it will decline. Maybe that's your problem?

I have same shipping as billing. Did get fraud alert and called cc company and got it cleared. Still did not work. Tried different cc and still did not work. Call cc again and they said that it went through but aarp still shows declined and still in cart. Now cart says sold out. Ughhhhhhhh.

Only the $100 cards remain at 0618 Pacific Time. Just bought 5. I've never been able to score the $500 cards over the past few releases.

Seems the cards are released early for Eastern times when west coast people are deep asleep.

I have same shipping as billing. Did get fraud alert and called cc company and got it cleared. Still did not work. Tried different cc and still did not work. Call cc again and they said that it went through but aarp still shows declined and still in cart. Now cart says sold out. Ughhhhhhhh.

That's so frustrating. I had similar issues a few years back when I first started getting these cards. And I notice also that using a different card sometimes doesn't work. I keep the same two cards plugged in and use them all of the time. Try calling the customer service number and see what they show. The $100 cards are still available.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I just purchased 5$100 cards. The $500 was sold out. I used my Carnival credit card and had no problem getting it to take it. I have 3 more $100 gift cards coming from my other credit card company by using my points. Yeah for me! Now my question, when I go to pay for our gratuities and a shore excursion instead of using my credit card, can I put in all 8 as payment? Thanks

I just purchased 5$100 cards. The $500 was sold out. I used my Carnival credit card and had no problem getting it to take it. I have 3 more $100 gift cards coming from my other credit card company by using my points. Yeah for me! Now my question, when I go to pay for our gratuities and a shore excursion instead of using my credit card, can I put in all 8 as payment? Thanks

Yes

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Crud.. missed them again. Seems somehow I don't get emailed on this thread when it comes up anymore.

Also, noticed that citi rewards seemed tied to AARP sell out now too. They must somehow be tied to the same supplier or something. When I saw I missed the AARP notice, I went to my citicard and it showed both sold out already too.. happened exactly the same last time (about a week ago now). Someone else commented Verizon seems to flow the same too.

Seems harder and harder to get lol! OH well still have two months to try to snag some.. will just keep trying.

Only the $100 cards remain at 0618 Pacific Time. Just bought 5. I've never been able to score the $500 cards over the past few releases.

Seems the cards are released early for Eastern times when west coast people are deep asleep.

Well, by the time I see they're available again they're all sold out and I am on the East Coast. No way I can check every day at 6 am!

HEY EVERYBODY ON CRUISE CRITIC!! SAVE SOME FOR ME!!