Butler with Royal Suite on Mariner?????

lat1

Just wondering if like on Celebrity there is a butler with the Royal suite. We are sailing on Mariner of the Seas, October 2nd and are getting so excited and want to find out every detail.

Thanks for any info :)

Was in the RS on 8/14 on the Mariner. No butler but the steward (can't remember his name) was great. He has been with RC for over 10 years and has been doing the suites for a long time. The concierge, Yuri (a woman from Peru) was great! Met us at the pier, took care of every single issue we had. The room is incredible. We generally stay in GS's but splurged for our honeymoon. It has wall to wall windows that have curtains that open and close at a touch of a button. 2 full baths. One right inside the entrance foyer, the other is the master bath, which is crazy big. Whirlpool in the MB as well as a shower with three shower heads. There is a 42 inch plasma in the LV and a TV that comes out of the dresser in the BR. There is a wet bar. Lots of furniture on the deck. Player piano, etc., etc, etc. You will love it!

Mark

Congrats on your wedding!!

We are so excited it will be hard to wait for 3 more weeks.

We will have a total of 5 in the suite, do they put anything else in the fridge in addition to the beer, water and soda? We were in the Family suite on the Explorer last year and the kids went to town on the mini m&m's and the bottles of cashews :)

I also replied to another post regarding hosting a party. Is there a charge to have food etc, brought in??

Thanks again for all your help.

Was in the RS on 8/14 on the Mariner. No butler but the steward (can't remember his name) was great. He has been with RC for over 10 years and has been doing the suites for a long time. The concierge, Yuri (a woman from Peru) was great! Met us at the pier, took care of every single issue we had. The room is incredible. We generally stay in GS's but splurged for our honeymoon. It has wall to wall windows that have curtains that open and close at a touch of a button. 2 full baths. One right inside the entrance foyer, the other is the master bath, which is crazy big. Whirlpool in the MB as well as a shower with three shower heads. There is a 42 inch plasma in the LV and a TV that comes out of the dresser in the BR. There is a wet bar. Lots of furniture on the deck. Player piano, etc., etc, etc. You will love it!

Mark

I agree, Yuri is wonderful! Sailed MOS last March, had a GS.

Take good care of it, because we've got it booked on 10/9!

mdmourges--When you say two FULL baths, do you mean two baths with toilet, sink and shower? The photo's I've seen have one bath split into two rooms. If there indeed are two FULL baths life will be wonderful for us!

Also, do they restock the fridge with soda, water, and beer daily? What is the charge for this, or is it complimentary?

Anne

Yes, in the Mariner RS there are two full baths. The one right inside the entrance has a toilet, sink and a big tiled shower. Plus a phone, just in case! lolo The MS bathroom is huge and does have two rooms by itself. They do restock the frige with sodas, beer and water daily for no add'l fee. You also get candy bars! lolo.

Mark

Yes, in the Mariner RS there are two full baths. The one right inside the entrance has a toilet, sink and a big tiled shower. Plus a phone, just in case! lolo The MS bathroom is huge and does have two rooms by itself. They do restock the frige with sodas, beer and water daily for no add'l fee. You also get candy bars! lolo.

Mark

This is FABULOUS news! I've gotten so much conflicting info on all of that. So they have done away with the bottles of hard stuff, and substituted beer? That would make my husband happy. I saw something about a bottle of champagne and a bottle of wine in the room as well? When do they arrive? Just trying to plan accordingly.

Also, did you entertain in the suite? How did you arrange that? We are having a sail-away party from Labadee with a large group coming. I was going to order some cheese and crackers and such from room service, but wasn't sure what to do for drink. I don't want a full bar, was thinkign either a rum punch or sangria or something along those lines, plus iced tea and/or lemonade. Any thoughts or advice?

Anne

The Steward for the RS, OS, and a couple of GS in August was named Rohan. We were on the July 10 sailing in a hump OS (1320), and he told us he had about 5 months to go on his contract, but said he'd probably be there when we go next summer too.

My wife had left our video camera on the couch in our stateroom. Rohan turned it in and it was left at the port for us to pick up. That was just the icing on the cake for the wonderful service he provided.

One more thing.......the suites have doorbells. By about the 3rd day of the cruise, children start finding it amusing to ring anytime they walk by. The RS is right off the elevator lobby and does have a bit of foot traffic going by.

You can ask the steward to have it shut off. I suggested they put a switch in the room so it can be shut off at night. Once I was right next to the door when the bell rang, opened and caught the kid red-handed. A senior crewmember happened to be right there and reprimanded him, reminding him that his family can be removed from the ship for his bad behavior.

This is FABULOUS news! I've gotten so much conflicting info on all of that. So they have done away with the bottles of hard stuff, and substituted beer? That would make my husband happy. I saw something about a bottle of champagne and a bottle of wine in the room as well? When do they arrive? Just trying to plan accordingly.

Also, did you entertain in the suite? How did you arrange that? We are having a sail-away party from Labadee with a large group coming. I was going to order some cheese and crackers and such from room service, but wasn't sure what to do for drink. I don't want a full bar, was thinkign either a rum punch or sangria or something along those lines, plus iced tea and/or lemonade. Any thoughts or advice?

Anne

Bring your own bottle of rum, and ask the Guest Relations manager who you can talk to about having extra drink glasses, pitchers of lemonade and iced tea, and what food can be ordered for your party at no charge. They will arrange for the proper people on board to contact you and get everything set up. Have them bring extra sodas, as well as an ice chest for behind the bar. The only people we tip when this is done is the actual people that do the set up. So far has worked everytime for us.

Rick

Rohan is AWESOME, he was our stateroom host on our 8/28 Mariner cruise in an Owner's Suite. VERY creative with the towel animals. :D

Yuri is also a doll, but she will be leaving the ship at some point, I believe she is newly pregnant. :)

Yes, Rohan was great. Yury told us she was about 2 months pregnant as of the middle of Aug. Her husband is the production manager on Mariner. Says this is her last trip and that she will be living somewhere in Canada, I think she said Nova Scotia. When we need mixers, we just asked Yury and poof, in about 30 minutes we had pitchers of the stuff. Basically any kind the bars would stock.

Mark

mdmourges, thank you so much for taking the time to answer these questions!!!! We have the RS booked on the Explorer in July and the Mariner in Nov and haven't been able to find out very much at all about the room or suite perks. I tried asking RCCL and they don't know very much at all and I hate going into a vacation without being prepared if not over prepared.

I was told that there was only on bathroom in the RS, I'm thrilled to hear from someone who stayed in the room that there's 2. Was there a hot tub on the verandah of the RS on the Mariner?

The bar set up is what I find you hear the most versions of. My husband and I are beer drinkers, don't drink hard liquor really, but my father in law is thinking of booking on our cruise because he loved our liquor perk. We usually bring our own beer and soda on DCL cruises. Do we need to do that here so that we have something to enjoy while on the verandah or is that a perk that comes with the RS? Is the refrigerator stocked with soda, water and beer daily (do you remember what brand if it is?) Is there a mini bar charge or is it free of charge in the RS? Do they still give you several bottles of liquor and champagne or wine or did that stop? Do the concierge leave little surprises like we learned to love on DCL? Also, the concierge lounge is it something special or just a place to go to speak with the concierge if there is something you might need?

Anything you can tell me about the perks assocaite with the RS is so greatly appreciated!

mdmourges, thank you so much for taking the time to answer these questions!!!! We have the RS booked on the Explorer in July and the Mariner in Nov and haven't been able to find out very much at all about the room or suite perks. I tried asking RCCL and they don't know very much at all and I hate going into a vacation without being prepared if not over prepared.

I was told that there was only on bathroom in the RS, I'm thrilled to hear from someone who stayed in the room that there's 2. Was there a hot tub on the veranda of the RS on the Mariner?

The bar set up is what I find you hear the most versions of. My husband and I are beer drinkers, don't drink hard liquor really, but my father in law is thinking of booking on our cruise because he loved our liquor perk. We usually bring our own beer and soda on DCL cruises. Do we need to do that here so that we have something to enjoy while on the veranda or is that a perk that comes with the RS? Is the refrigerator stocked with soda, water and beer daily (do you remember what brand if it is?) Is there a mini bar charge or is it free of charge in the RS? Do they still give you several bottles of liquor and champagne or wine or did that stop? Do the concierge leave little surprises like we learned to love on DCL? Also, the concierge lounge is it something special or just a place to go to speak with the concierge if there is something you might need?

Anything you can tell me about the perks associated with the RS is so greatly appreciated!

I emailed RCCL in regards to the RS days ago. Still waiting :( Not what I would expect considering the price I paid. Oh well not complaining.....it all good as long as I get my ass on the ship!!

Based on the the RCCL's answers to my questions and what I've read here from the few who actually stayed in the room and posted I would go by what the people on the boards say. I found that with DCL too. The reps know how to make reservations and answer some questions but that's about all they can do.

My experience with RCCL's phone people has been less than desirable. In fact I've given up, as none of them seem to have any informtaion that isn't on their web site as far as the RS goes.

You'd think they would have a "landside" concierge to help everyone booked on a suite prior to sailing that actually had concrete answers.

Anne

Thanks Rick! If I bring a bottle of rum, what would we use for mixers? Can I get pitchers of punch?

Anne

As someone else noted above, the bar will give you just about any kind of mixers you need. If you have some exotic concocktion that takes a bottle of something special, bring that along as well, to make the "punch" your own.

The standard stock in the mini refer is 2 cokes, 2 diet cokes, 2 sprite, 2 soda, and 2 waters. These are taken care of by your room attendant. Ask the Guest Relations manager for more sodas, and he/she will get in touch with the right people to help you.

I honestly feel that RCCL shoreside doesn't have a clue as to what is provided in the RS, and depending on how well you treat the crew, they in turn will treat you the same. On our longer trips we have been given more in our OS than they got next door in the RS. We have enjoyed free liquor and free sodas, lots of free champagne (don't forget they give it away free for Captains night, so who is counting the bottles). The simplest thing is to wait till you are aboard and then just ask for what you want, and then ask if it is free, or how do they charge? You might be pleasently surprised, if you think you will have to pay and wind up not having to. Many of these goodies are at the descretion of the Hotel Manager, so indroducing yourself at the beginning of the trip is a good idea. To sum this up, I think it is in the attitude of the passenger of the suite. If you insist on having all that goes with the best cabin on a ship, being waited on hand and foot, with all of the freebe's probably one needs to look at a 6 star line and spend the money.:D

Rick

I agree Rick! We travel a lot, and I agree inquiring nicely is usually the best way to be well cared for. We are pretty low maintenance...I'm not going to blow a fuse if I don't get a towel animal or chocolate on my pillow. As long as my cabin is clean and I've got towels, it's all good. I'm trying to get as much info before we go so I don't need to "bother" people onboard, and also so I can moderate my expectations. I have no problem paying for things, I'm just trying to find out if they are even available so I can plan alternatives if not. :)

Anne

Archived