Desserts!

Kverlinger

As long as they keep serving Warm Chocolate Melting Cake and their apple pie, I will be happy.

I can usually find something decent at lunch on the lido buffet, but sometimes it is all pretty bland and not much fun. However, they usually have fresh fruit (read mixed melon and pineapple) available and that always makes me happy. The cookies on the buffet are usually very good to excellent and that is always a fall back.

I am not a soft serve fan, but I have been known to have a dish if I am in need of a cold sweet treat.

Carnival does not get much extra from me as I have yet to try any of the pay treats.:eek:

Service for the American Table is definitely lacking. I'm not sure if it is new service standards or lack of training or what. For both bitter and blanc and the Grand Marnier Souffle, the sauce was in a ramekin on the side. Fortunately I knew to make a hole to pour the sauce in.

Unless it was on the first night when we went to the steakhouse, Baked Alaska is gone. I won't miss it. It always sounded better than it was. Perhaps it was just Carnival's interpretation, but it was a lackluster dessert.

Service for the American Table is definitely lacking. I'm not sure if it is new service standards or lack of training or what. For both bitter and blanc and the Grand Marnier Souffle, the sauce was in a ramekin on the side. Fortunately I knew to make a hole to pour the sauce in.

Unless it was on the first night when we went to the steakhouse, Baked Alaska is gone. I won't miss it. It always sounded better than it was. Perhaps it was just Carnival's interpretation, but it was a lackluster dessert.

Baked alaska and cherries jubilee both gone. Oh for the good old days where they made jubilee and bananas foster tableside:)

oh sad about cherries jubilee being gone, that is excellent on top of the bitter and blanc, and this next trip I was planning on doing that with the WCMC.

Any of the desserts that Carnival makes with a Bavarian style cream frosting is fine with me, including the Napoleans!

Back to tea time-cucumber and smoked salmon petit sandwiches, scones with clotted cream, and pastries-pure heaven, DH and I never miss it!

Not sure what menu you have, but if you have the fruit cold soups offered-do them! Especially the strawberry and the cherry!

And yes it is true, Carnival makes the best key lime pie! EVER! I also love the Paris Brest with the coffee filling. Usually served on the lido, when the taste of nations is French. ee gads, I want dessert!

This time onboard, I am going to try room service chocolate cake, and order about 5 skim milks to wash them down. :o

Theres the chocolate buffet on one day..

beware of the bouncing chocolate.... :eek:

Also, you CAN order more than one...you are not limited to one. If you don't want what's offered, you can order ice cream. Ice cream in mdr is better than the 24/7 soft serve.

I order ALL the desserts. Best part of the curise. I only take take the stairs, so I justify it. :D Dh takes kid after dinner, and I enjoy.

I'll have to check out tea time, that'd be fun with dd!

I think the choc cake on the room service menu is absolutely incredible. You must try it. The buffet desserts aren't all that bad. I mean, all the buffets I go to on land have absolutely horrendous desserts so I am always pleasantly surprised when I try something onboard.

There is a thing in the buffet that looks like a brownie and has a dollop of white cream cheese type stuff and a tiny piece of pear on top.

Those are good.

Grand Mainer Soufflet is my favorite.

Has it been eliminated?

Also my favorite. I think it still pops up occasionally.

I also love the Bitter and Blanc.

Yes, that dessert case is at Ocean Plaza. There is key lime pie usually the first sea day on Lido is fabulous.

I look forward to the key lime dessert (in any form) as usually only offered on first day in lido deck. Also heard there are some strawberry cake pops on lido dessert cart only on first day worth trying. Will verify that in two weeks.

Also vote - Creme brulee, oom service chocolate cake and a little used secret-

As an adult ask for kids menu in ding room - the kids menu has brownies,sundaes,banana split,jello. Yes adults can order ANY kids menu including entrees. As one waiter said - please do not eat the crayons lol.

Had grand mariner dessert on the Elation last month. I love it too. I don't remember having it on the ships that have changed menus

It was on the Breeze on the 8 day menu. I forgot which night it showed up, after bitter and blanc I believe.