Desserts!

Kverlinger

The husband and I have been eating so healthy that we plan on eating all the junk food we can get our hands on in 30 days when we sail the Breeze for 8 days!!! We watched a tour on youtube and we saw a bunch of desserts in a case (black forest choc. cake, ext.), I think it was in or around ocean plaza?! Does anyone know what I am talking about? I'm guessing these are for a fee.

Other than the desserts in the MDR, room service, and the free ice cream..are there any other free desserts on the ships? Does the buffet offer anything good? Other than the choc. melted cake, is there any dessert that is a must have? We don't discriminate but love chocolate!

PS. I swear we aren't fattys! We are just excited about what we have been deprived of for a long time. lol

Edited by Kverlinger

The husband and I have been eating so healthy that we plan on eating all the junk food we can get our hands on in 30 days when we sail the Breeze for 8 days!!! We watched a tour on youtube and we saw a bunch of desserts in a case (black forest choc. cake, ext.), I think it was in or around ocean plaza?! Does anyone know what I am talking about? I'm guessing these are for a fee.

Other than the desserts in the MDR, room service, and the free ice cream..are there any other free desserts on the ships? Does the buffet offer anything good? Other than the choc. melted cake, is there any dessert that is a must have? We don't discriminate but love chocolate!

PS. I swear we aren't fatty's just excited about what we have been deprived of for a long time. lol

Theres the chocolate buffet on one day..

Just got off the Breeze. The peach pie in the MDR was pretty good.

Desserts on the Lido at lunch are not that good IMO.

24/7 soft serve ice cream in the Lido is awesome anytime.

The pay for desserts at the coffee shop on deck 5 are awesome...especially the carrot cake and the oatmeal raisin cookies. The price is very reasonable and worth every penny.

PS. I swear we aren't fattys! We are just excited about what we have been deprived of for a long time. lol

Yes, that dessert case is at Ocean Plaza. There is key lime pie usually the first sea day on Lido is fabulous.

There is a thing in the buffet that looks like a brownie and has a dollop of white cream cheese type stuff and a tiny piece of pear on top.

Those are good.

Grand Mainer Soufflet is my favorite.

Has it been eliminated?

Well.. It wasnt at midnight like years ago, They did it in the afternoon

Yeah, I recall it being in the afternoon too. One year it was chocolate and Mexican, the next year just chocolate.

I guess I will find out in a few days.

the husband and i have been eating so healthy that we plan on eating all the junk food we can get our hands on in 30 days when we sail the breeze for 8 days!!! We watched a tour on youtube and we saw a bunch of desserts in a case (black forest choc. Cake, ext.), i think it was in or around ocean plaza?! Does anyone know what i am talking about? I'm guessing these are for a fee.

Other than the desserts in the mdr, room service, and the free ice cream..are there any other free desserts on the ships? Does the buffet offer anything good? Other than the choc. Melted cake, is there any dessert that is a must have? We don't discriminate but love chocolate!

Ps. I swear we aren't fattys! We are just excited about what we have been deprived of for a long time. Lol

ahoy shipmates,

believe me when i tell you that the black forrest gateau is so good you wont go back to the melting goo. The lido does have the key lime pie (variation) at noon which is pretty good.

Sea ya

Thank you guys! I am getting excited. I might have to check out some of the desserts in the coffee shop, as well!

Anyone know if you can order any of the Italian desserts at lunch time in the restaurant or do you have to go at night? The cannolis look amazing.

Other than the desserts in the MDR, room service, and the free ice cream..are there any other free desserts on the ships? Does the buffet offer anything good? Other than the choc. melted cake, is there any dessert that is a must have? We don't discriminate but love chocolate

Tea Time on Sea Days has the best desserts, and it is free. Usually it is at about 3pm.

DSC00445-vi.jpg

Most of the buffet desserts i find tasteless with the exception of the cookies. There was a cupcake with little dried fruit (see photo), that was good but did not see it in my last cruise. There mini carrot cake cupcakes are also ok.

DSC00322-vi.jpg

Edited by Danacat222
add 2 pics

As they say, a picture is worth 1,000 words! Here are a bunch of photos! DH and I swear by the chocolate chip cookies! They are available every day on Lido during lunch and room service. We also really enjoy the lemon cake on Lido. I'm not a fan of the cakes with whipped topping, but to each their own as DH prefers the whipped frosting. DH also loves the apple puff pastry in the MDR.

Apple Puff Pastry

DSCN0272.JPG

Key lime pie is also good!

DSCN0363.JPG

This was what my plate looked like on the Chocolate Buffet Day.

DSCN0486.JPG

Room service chocolate cake

DSCN0720.JPG

Lemon cake

DSCN0722.JPG

White cake with fudge frosting (actually really good) and the citrus Neapolitan

DSCN0736.JPG

Speaking of tea time what kind of things do they serve ?

Scones, tarts, cakes (usually chocolate and some other kind i can't remember), mini apple crumble, macarons, strawberries and cream, a variety of hot tea, coffee if you prefer. Tea time is not to be missed.

DSC00444-vi.jpg

DSC04911-vi.jpg

DSC04913-vi.jpg

Edited by Danacat222

Thank you guys! I am getting excited. I might have to check out some of the desserts in the coffee shop, as well!

Anyone know if you can order any of the Italian desserts at lunch time in the restaurant or do you have to go at night? The cannolis look amazing.

No, the desserts are not available at lunch.

My favorite in the MDR (besides the melting cake) was bitter and blanc...but on my last trip on Breeze they had changed it somewhat...still good.

If you go to the steakhouse, the chocolate sampler is not to be missed. This wildly misnamed treat had my sister and me gasping at how good it was. I won't spoil the surprise with more details. Just another reason that $35 for the steakhouse is a screamin' bargain.