All Things Ovation of the Seas!

I would suggest to everyone to book your dinner reservations in advance if possible before leaving. . If not you will given times and potential restaurants you don't want to go to.. We was given a 9pm seating which is way to late

How is it MTD if you have book in advance? Knowing dining times ahead of the day is what I don't want - that is more or less a version of classic dining & way too structured for our style.

I intend to book Wonderland & other paid restaurants I really want to go to, but otherwise we never know what time we want to eat & never usually make a reservation.

So I think you are saying they book you in anywhere they can fit you if you don't prebook rather than like normal MTD where nothing is booked for you? If so, can you just cancel those bookings when on board then either book something more suitable on a day to day basis or just turn up & take your chances?

We tend to eat later anyway so usually out of the peak times, so what are your chances of getting in at any particular restaurant if you turn up at say 8pm I wonder?

Not really that worried if we couldn't get in without a reservation, would just go to the WJ if all else failed.

But having a heads up on how things are working in reality rather than theory is certainly helpful. :)

Hi Little Britain

Thank you for the pictures and the video. I've been showing them to my daughter who sails on the 22nd.

Just out of interest,where in Sussex are you ?

Did you find the divider more restrictive in the Grand suite? I think I liked the previous spacious design on the Voyager class. It seems a lot smaller or is that just camera angle?

I'm down on the A27.

I found the lounge area very narrow and I'm sure that glass table will get cracked soon.

I'm down on the A27.

I found the lounge area very narrow and I'm sure that glass table will get cracked soon.

Looking at it I'm not sure I could justify the price difference between this and a balcony cabin on a longer cruise ,even with the benefits ?

Looking at it I'm not sure I could justify the price difference between this and a balcony cabin on a longer cruise ,even with the benefits ?

I got it at a good price - W gty and they gave me a GS!

It was nice having access to the CL and to CK.

When I'm on in 2 weeks it is back to reality and a balcony!

I noticed the diamond lounge looked a bit too rammed. A bit like the schooner bar just before the start of a quiz. Not my cup of tea really, but each to their own.

At a rough guess,assuming they haven't changed the size of the DL on Ovation,it was around 60-70 guests if every seat was sat on with the sofas. We rarely got a seat in there on the Anthem and ended in the over flow Music hall each night.

The waiters get to know your face and come out to offer you drinks.

I got it at a good price - W gty and they gave me a GS!

It was nice having access to the CL and to CK.

When I'm on in 2 weeks it is back to reality and a balcony!

Lucky you getting the GS from Gtee. We only got a JS on our upcoming 4 night cruise. So no added benefits for us but if you've paid a solo price you deserve a GS!

Just wondered about location as we're up the A24

I'm not impressed with the GS itself but the perks might just make it worth it I guess. Good on you for getting it via a Gte but it should have been gold plated if you had to pay 200% for it!

We have booked tables for dinner because we were told we should but are not really happy with what we were able to get so are hoping we will be able to change once onboard or, preferably, just walk up and be seated, which is how it should work! We have Le Grand for 9.30pm which is much later than we like but the alternative was 6pm and we don't want that either. We had to book tables before the shows were announced so have, inevitably, ended up with a conflict. Not a great system and seems to be the worst of both worlds.

As I have said elsewhere though, we are determined to enjoy ourselves once we board on Friday! :D

No ......... Unless you get a free upgrade ...... It's wasted on a 3 night cold cruise.

But by the sounds of it ...... The complainers (that can't complain now) got everything for free anyway .......

I wish I'd have complained a bit more.

For the DL overflow into the Music Hall, is it a closed off area for the overflow?

How many does the DL seat inside would you say? Thanks.

Enjoy your cruise. :)

It seems to be the upper part at the back of the bar just behind the diamond lounge, no control on the doors that I could see. Hard to say without counting but estimate it to be around 60 give or take a few, we have given up trying to get a seat and take the easy option of going to a bar, vintages usually very quiet and you can sit and watch the world go by ( well at least to the 270!! ).

Question for all you lucky people that have already been on Ovation. Could you tell me if the drinks packages are the same cost if purchased on board, ie $39, $49 & $59 inclusive of gratuity please. I think they were the prices that I read as mine would come up in GBP if I signed in. Thank you

Question for all you lucky people that have already been on Ovation. Could you tell me if the drinks packages are the same cost if purchased on board, ie $39, $49 & $59 inclusive of gratuity please. I think they were the prices that I read as mine would come up in GBP if I signed in. Thank you

Yes they are inclusive.

We were on the Maiden, maiden voyage (first ever paying passengers) last week and didn't get a thing! Lovely presents to receive hope you had a great time on her!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We honestly didn't expect a thing but appreciated what we were given, lovely mementos of the cruise. I loved our cabin (owners suite on deck 12) and the staff were fantastic. However, Quantum class is definitely not for me (which I have said before but wanted to give it another try) and I wouldn't sail on any of those ships again but plenty of other ships I love to sail on! Looking forward to comparing this experience with the Harmony Maiden Voyage next month.

Hope you enjoyed your cruise on her.