All Inclusive Beverage Packages

Agua-azul

Agree with you completely on the "not having to think about it". Enjoyed the luxury of not having to think about the cost between choosing beer or tea, coffee or cappuccino, wine or none with dinner, call brand or well liquor, etc.

Yep, and oh I might try something new.

Are worth money themselves.

We bought the package for the first time on our cruise last May and will buy it again this Sunday for our 3 day cruise from VAN-LA. We do like our wine so we make out very well with this package. When you include the cappuccinos, brewed coffee, water for the room and even shakes at Scoops it's a no-brainer for us.

What we liked was not having to think about it. No having to think "Oh, that's another $7." We found that we sample more. We never got cappuccinos after dinner, now we do. We never had a shake before on board, they are actually pretty good!

You're lucky here in Aus they only sell it on 8 day+ cruises, certainly not 3 dayers.

You're lucky here in Aus they only sell it on 8 day+ cruises, certainly not 3 dayers.

We heard for the guys at Vines that the previous cruise to our 3 nighter was a one nighter from Seattle to Vancouver on a Saturday to Sunday and they don't sell the package on one night cruises. The Princess web site mistakenly had the package available all along. I heard it was a heck of a party. :D

This will be the first time for me getting this package (usually just get the soda n more). I,m sure I missed it, but where CAN you get fresh squeezed OJ, other then the MDR? Can you get it at the buffet?

This will be fun either way just me and adult Daughter hitting the bars for a 10 night Mexico, I,m not 20 anymore lol. But we both think it will be fun to try new things, I,ve never had a mojito, cosmopolitan or even a martini for that matter!

Another question just came to mind with the recent posts about bringing water and soda cans back to the room. I will already have a free mini bar set-up, in that case should I just switch it in for two coffee cards for the future? I,m kind of thinking this AIBP may be a one-time thing. Or if any of you have done this, was it just not worth the hassle of bringing stuff back to the room, when you had it there to begin with - thoughts?

Thanks,

Tammy

I have tried to research my question and cannot find it referenced anywhere: on Royal Caribbean, you can buy the package with at least 4 days remaining and they prorate the cost. What's the deal with this on Princess?

I've heard they only sell if for the duration of the cruise so if they don't pro-rate, they probably stop selling it at some point in the cruise. I also looked for that answer and couldn't find it and am hesitant to call Princess because you can get six different answers.

As for the Coffee Card.. I don't know if it's allowed by I have seen many posts where people said they used their coffee card from a previous cruise to get coffee on the current cruise. The Mini-Bar set up is free so if I chose to do what she's proposing, I wouldn't be hurt if later I found out I couldn't use it.

However I have the AIBP on our upcoming trip and will also have a mini-bar set up. I plan to use that mini-bar.. LOL

Can you do that?

Yes, DH and I are not really drinkers and usually swap out the booze for more soda and water and then just get the soda n more package and buy new coffee cards. But last year we took a short cruise and decided we would never use it all so swapped out the entire free mini bar. They came and took everything and left us two coffee cards.

I still have leftover stamps on coffee cards from my last cruise when I cruised solo. The only difference is on future cruises, they will take a stamp for even regular coffee or tea. Bottom line is they don,t expire.

But back to what I was wondering, with this AIBP, am I hearing people correctly that they will give you a can of soda and not open it? Also anyone know about the fresh OJ, where can you get it other then the MDR?

Thanks,

Tammy

Ps if you,re wondering why I would even get the AIBP if I'm not really a drinker, I didn,t say I didn't like wine or margaritas, lol. Plus cruising with adult Daughter who is getting it, so if I,m going to apparently be hanging out at the bars this time with her - "when in Rome"

Edited by sprinkles

I have tried to research my question and cannot find it referenced anywhere: on Royal Caribbean, you can buy the package with at least 4 days remaining and they prorate the cost. What's the deal with this on Princess?

It is my experience with Princess packages that they are only available for purchase on day on and two for the duration of the sailing, and are not prorated - so even if you buy on day two, you're still paying for day one! There's no option to purchase later in the cruise such as RCI or Celebrity. This is our experience after having the package 5 times on Princess in the past 16 months. I can't link anything official with that, sorry - just what we've been told onboard and experienced ourselves.

It is my experience with Princess packages that they are only available for purchase on day on and two for the duration of the sailing, and are not prorated - so even if you buy on day two, you're still paying for day one! There's no option to purchase later in the cruise such as RCI or Celebrity. This is our experience after having the package 5 times on Princess in the past 16 months. I can't link anything official with that, sorry - just what we've been told onboard and experienced ourselves.

I couldn't find anything official either, so I appreciate you giving your experience.

I agree never seen them on sale after day 2.

This will be the first time for me getting this package (usually just get the soda n more). I,m sure I missed it, but where CAN you get fresh squeezed OJ, other then the MDR? Can you get it at the buffet?

On some ships it is available at the bar that is forward just outside of the buffet near the pool.

On some ships it is available at the bar that is forward just outside of the buffet near the pool.

That would be the Calypso Bar on many of the ships. On the Regal/Royal, the closest would be the Sea View Bar. I'd also try the Outrigger Bar on some of the ships. I think they serve morning drinks like screwdrivers at these bars from what I remember.

I've never had the AIBP but have it through the Sip and Sail promotion on three sailings next year. I am relieved we have it now that we will not be able to bring our own soda and water onboard anymore (side note: still don't understand why I can't bring cans, but oh well). I just wish I had it on my January sailing.

I apologize if this has been asked and answered already but are you allowed to take the drinks from the bar? I'm not asking because I want to "share" the package with anyone -- I just like to sometimes have wine or a drink in my cabin and it is my understanding that I cannot use room service with the AIBP for a drink to be included. I just don't want anyone assuming I am not drinking it if I want an unopened split of Korbel for tomorrow's breakfast on my balcony or a drink back in the cabin.

Edited by Waimea'sMom

I've never had the AIBP but have it through the Sip and Sail promotion on three sailings next year. I am relieved we have it now that we will not be able to bring our own soda and water onboard anymore (side note: still don't understand why I can't bring cans' date=' but oh well). I just wish I had it on my January sailing.

I apologize if this has been asked and answered already but are you allowed to take the drinks from the bar? I'm not asking because I want to "share" the package with anyone -- I just like to sometimes have wine or a drink in my cabin and it is my understanding that I cannot use room service with the AIBP for a drink to be included. I just don't want anyone assuming I am not drinking it if I want an unopened split of Korbel for tomorrow's breakfast on my balcony or a drink back in the cabin.[/quote']

No problem on the beer or Korbel. Just ask them not to open them(make sure you have a bottle opener as not only the beer but the Split Korbel needs one). We have brought drinks/ beer/ wine / korbel back to our room also to drink on the balcony or getting ready for dinner and was not a problem.

Enjoy your cruise!

I've never had the AIBP but have it through the Sip and Sail promotion on three sailings next year. I am relieved we have it now that we will not be able to bring our own soda and water onboard anymore (side note: still don't understand why I can't bring cans' date=' but oh well). I just wish I had it on my January sailing.

I apologize if this has been asked and answered already but are you allowed to take the drinks from the bar? I'm not asking because I want to "share" the package with anyone -- I just like to sometimes have wine or a drink in my cabin and it is my understanding that I cannot use room service with the AIBP for a drink to be included. I just don't want anyone assuming I am not drinking it if I want an unopened split of Korbel for tomorrow's breakfast on my balcony or a drink back in the cabin.[/quote']

Why can't you bring water or soda onboard anymore? Did they change the rules?

Yes, they did. There are a few threads on the subject. Also, if you go back a bit in this thread, you'll find the new policy starts in January 2016.

Thank you. I always buy a Soda Card but I drink caffeine free diet Coke in the evening to cut back on caffeine. I always bring a 12 pack or two depending on the length of the cruise. If they are going to enforce this new rule then they need to offer a lot more products. Also, I do not care for the ships water. I prefer to drink bottled water so I usually bring my own.

This is probably an attempt to sell more beverage packages.

ETA: I had already ordered the All Inclusive Package for my cruise but I am not happy with the new soda/water rule.

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser

Thank you. I always buy a Soda Card but I drink caffeine free diet Coke in the evening to cut back on caffeine. I always bring a 12 pack or two depending on the length of the cruise. If they are going to enforce this new rule then they need to offer a lot more products. Also, I do not care for the ships water. I prefer to drink bottled water so I usually bring my own.

This is probably an attempt to sell more beverage packages.

ETA: I had already ordered the All Inclusive Package for my cruise but I am not happy with the new soda/water rule.

It's mostly an attempt to stop the alcohol smuggling. It's the way all cruise lines are going.

I doubt that because how can someone smuggle alcohol in a soda can? It's all about the dollar...

Because when there is a will... there is always a way... :cool:

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTYwMFgxNjAw/z/IIoAAOxyJ8ZRgsI~/$T2eC16dHJH!FFmPjoHG4BRgsI-ycuQ~~60_35.JPG?set_id=880000500F

If this link doesn't work...its a picture of a Coke can with a fake top..... easy to put something inside it.

I doubt that because how can someone smuggle alcohol in a soda can? It's all about the dollar...

I have to say I kind of agree with you. I can see them prohibiting obvious alcohol, as they always have. I can even see the water and juice bottle prohibitions, although I wish they didn't as I prefer certain brands. But at least it is easy to see how someone could smuggle something in a bottle.

But cans is just ridiculous to me. I don't doubt devices exist, but for crying out loud, how many people - what percent - are smuggling things in cans of soda? You are inconveniencing a lot of people that like certain flavors, or caffeine-free, etc. to prohibit a teeny tiny amount of people? If I recall even Carnival didn't go that far, my apologies if I am mistaken.

It doesn't affect me, I like Diet Coke, and on three of my four upcoming Princess Cruises I have the Sip and Sail. On the other, I planned on bringing on a 12 pack to supplement my Elite bar setup, now I won't - no big deal. But where does it stop? Are they going to ban shampoo bottles and mouthwash because determined people will sneak stuff in that too? If someone wants to circumvent the policy, I don't doubt they could stuff plastic flasks in their pockets. Does that mean we will have pat downs or body scanners at embarkation? Oh great, I probably just gave some smugglers ideas and Princess ideas for future revenue by banning all containers of liquid.

I am usually on the side of Princess on most things, but the cans ban is absurd to me.

Edited by Waimea'sMom

Princess has responded several times to folks who have asked about the supposed new policy banning soda and water - and their answer every time has been as follows: "A recent revision of the Cruise Answer Book incorrectly stated the policy for bringing soda and water onboard, and we apologize for any confusion this may have caused. At this time, no changes have been made. We will be sure to advise our guests if these policies do change."

So, apparently the policy actually hasn't changed, at least for now.