Favourite restaurant(s) ?

weebobby

We loved Le Bistro, Cagney's, the Sushi Bar, Raw Bar and Ocean Blue on this ship. Moderno was very good - just a huge amount of food. We didn't get to try La Cucina, but it is really, really pretty. My least favorite is the uninspiring meal served in The Illusionarium, but thankfully, we pre-ate at the sushi bar, so we just picked at the Illusionarium meal.

Teppanyaki is fun and the food is delicious. I also love Ocean Blue and the separate al la carte Raw Bar located at the entrance. Has some great appetizers as well as a variety of oysters, clams etc.

La Cucina has, in my opinion, the best bread on the ship. I could make a meal out of it! Also the Osso Bucco there is consistently great.

Tracy

Moderno is my favorite and Le Bistro is a close second. The salad bar at Moderno is incredible and the meat selections are great. The fried bananas and coconut flan are the best! Le Bistro has an incredible creme bruele. The muscles at Le Bistro are better than the ones I had at Ocean Blue.

Didn't have a good experience in Cagney's but will try it again. I've heard from multiple people the steak in Le Bistro is better than in Cagney's.

Cagney's - Pretty good steaks, but the starters and deserts are a bit dull.

Le Bistro - The food is generally OK, but there are a few dodgy items on the menu to avoid.

Teppanyaki - Show is good; Food is bland

La Cucina - Pretty good, but deserts are poorly implemented.

Moderno - Lots of meat, and I struggle to understand why the salad bar is considered "incredible"

Moderno is my favorite and Le Bistro is a close second. The salad bar at Moderno is incredible and the meat selections are great. The fried bananas and coconut flan are the best! Le Bistro has an incredible creme bruele. The muscles at Le Bistro are better than the ones I had at Ocean Blue.

Didn't have a good experience in Cagney's but will try it again. I've heard from multiple people the steak in Le Bistro is better than in Cagney's.

We can't answer for the Getaway or Breakaway as we haven't sailed either, but based on our sailings on almost all other NCL ships, I would agree with you but my first 2 would be flipped. We put Le Bistro at the top, mainly cause we remember the days when they were the only specialty dining room and it just brings back so many memories. And yes, next is Modernos. The salad bar alone is worth the cost. We have tried Cagney's on 3 different ships and I am just not impressed. I know others that put it at the top of their list. I guess this proves food is very subjective.

They are all good, but we like Le Bistro the most. Moderno is fun if you haven't tried it. However, you will eat a lot of meat and a lot more than you normally do, even on a cruise.

Cagneys is good, but for the money, go with Le Bistro.

We loved Le Bistro, Cagney's, the Sushi Bar, Raw Bar and Ocean Blue on this ship. Moderno was very good - just a huge amount of food. We didn't get to try La Cucina, but it is really, really pretty. My least favorite is the uninspiring meal served in The Illusionarium, but thankfully, we pre-ate at the sushi bar, so we just picked at the Illusionarium meal.

Cagney's and Moderno are a really big meal, but Ocean Blue, not so much. What you get is very good, you just wish there was a bit more of it.