Vision-Mediterranean

Just home Thursday from our 12 day cruise. I will write a review in the near future but happy to answer any questions about the ship. It was in tip-top condition, the cabins very nice w/lots of storage space, bathrooms newly done but same small shower.

We had an ocean view on deck 2. Last day our CC group did a cabin crawl so saw several types of accommodations. Entertainment was mostly excellent w/a few exceptions.

Food was bland in the MDR but w/many choices. We had ATD w/a reservation for 7:30 PM which worked out very well for us. Due to long excursion days we ate dinner in the Windjammer twice. Service was excellent everywhere.

Cruise Director Mercedes was top notch and bounding w/energy and she was front and center leading most of the evening activities.

This had to be my best cruise experience mainly due to itinerary. Barcelona, Cannes, Florence, Rome, sea day, sea day, Athens, Ephesus, Santorini, sea day, Naples, sea day, Barcelona. We missed Santorini due to high seas which made tendering dangerous. Captain Liz made the announcement as we sat in the theater ready to depart.

Any questions?

Sue

Edited by shofer

Looking forward to your review. We sail the Vision in September.

Did your ocean view cabin have a safe and refrigerator?

Were there on board announcements to announce when the ship would be passing any sites of interest?

Thanks!

Karen

Looking forward to your review. We sail the Vision in September.

Did your ocean view cabin have a safe and refrigerator?

Were there on board announcements to announce when the ship would be passing any sites of interest?

Thanks!

Karen

Hi Karen, Our OV only had a safe. There was an assortment of snacks and drinks left on the desk which we asked our cabin attendant to remove. He did not but he did bring us an ice bucket twice a day which I requested. The snacks I put in one of the cabinets next to the mirror/desk.

The only announcement I heard was when we were passing Sicily.

Sue

Sue

We are sailing the Med in July on Vision with an overnight in Venice. How many formal nights did you have?

We had 3 formal nights for a 12 day cruise. I mentioned this to one of the waiters and he said there are always 3 formal for this length of cruise.

Most people were really only dressed up for the first one. After that is became more informal.

Sue

What side of the ship was our cabin on and could you see any scenery through the window? We're in an OV deck 3 in October for the 11 day med itinerary.

We were on the port side and yes we could see land occasionally. I think there was more to see on the other side.

Sue

We will be on the Vision June 9th so any quick tips you can give would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks so much!

I am working on my review but there are so many activities in the evening you have to pace yourself. You will be up early every port day and on the go for at least 8 hours. We also did all private tours which were superior and cheaper than the ship's tours. They always asked us when did we have to be back on board and got us there at least an hour early.

We ate lunch in every port and our driver directed us (naturally to some place he knew). The food was always good but the portions are smaller than what we are used to. (not a bad thing) Most restaurants will have a board posted with the special. In Rome, the place were we ate lunch had for 6 euros pasta, pizza, or sandwich with a drink. Gelato in Italy was ubiquitous but always yummy.

We needed an ATM a few times and always found one.

Sue

Edited by shofer

Also taking this similar itinerary on vision in September. Anxious for your review. Where did you stay in Barcelona?

We stayed at the Universal Barcelona which was a good 1/2 mile or more to Las Ramblas. There was a great cafe around the corner. We paid 338 euros for 2 nights. The hotel was modern and very clean.

There were computers for your use right in the lobby. I had forgotten to buy an electrical adapter so I could use my curling iron but they lent me on at the desk for a 10 euro deposit.

There was a bar in the lobby but we never used it or the restaurant. Breakfast was 15 euros so we ate around the corner which was much cheaper and very good.

Sue

Hi Karen, Our OV only had a safe. There was an assortment of snacks and drinks left on the desk which we asked our cabin attendant to remove. He did not but he did bring us an ice bucket twice a day which I requested. The snacks I put in one of the cabinets next to the mirror/desk.

The only announcement I heard was when we were passing Sicily.

Sue

Thank you!

Sue, thanks for your offer!! Look forward to your review! We will be on same cruise soon.

A few questions

1. How long/hard to get off via tenders in Cannes

2. Some reviewers have commented that food was terrible and that there was price-gouging... ie: high priced drinks, lots of trying to upsell. I think some reviews can be overly harsh, so I was curious about your honest your comments on food, drink prices, etc.

3. Are you D or D+ and if so, how was lounge, perks, etc?

Thanks in advance!!

Sue, thanks for your offer!! Look forward to your review! We will be on same cruise soon.

A few questions

1. How long/hard to get off via tenders in Cannes

2. Some reviewers have commented that food was terrible and that there was price-gouging... ie: high priced drinks, lots of trying to upsell. I think some reviews can be overly harsh, so I was curious about your honest your comments on food, drink prices, etc.

3. Are you D or D+ and if so, how was lounge, perks, etc?

Thanks in advance!!

1.) Since we had an 8 AM tour booked, one of the group went down to tender deck 1 and got tickets for all of us @ 6:30 AM. We had to wait for all the ship's tours to leave first but we were next and it moved quickly.

2.) I'm assuming you mean the food in the MDR. There were many choices but I found the food bland. One of the times we ate dinner in the buffet, I tried the turkey that they were carving but it was so dry, there was no amount of gravy that could make me choke it down. The Coq au vin was recommend by the waiter another night in the MDR but it was so overcooked, I couldn't eat more than a few bites. The waiter wanted to bring me another entree but I was full and wanted dessert anyway.

They did have higher priced options for steaks printed on the menu but this was just mentioned the first night. We actually thought that the steak was the best thing on the menu. It was cooked to order and very tender. There was no lobster on Formal night, unless we missed it on the 3 nights we ate dinner in the Windjammer.

We didn't bother with a drink package since neither of us drinks much. But I was shocked that a Strawberry Daquiri was $14! A Mudslide was $12. So, yes, I thought the drink prices were inflated and I had 4 drinks the whole cruise.

3.) I am neither D or D+. This was actually only my second cruise w/RCI but I had 7 previous cruises w/Celebrity. Imagine my surprise when we arrived and were directed to the Platinum line! We were even invited to the Signature Event w/all the D+'s. So I was given reciprocity and all the perks.

Still working on the review. I tend to be wordy.

Sue

Edited by shofer

• 4 weeks later...
Also taking this similar itinerary on vision in September. Anxious for your review. Where did you stay in Barcelona?

We stayed at the Barcelona Universal. Very modern and clean. Good restaurant around the corner.

Sue