Do any of the river cruises accomodate 3 people in 1 cabin?

teony20

Tauck Bridges and Uniworld's Multigenerational River Cruises are family-oriented cruises, but I don't think their boats have 3-person cabins. AMA has recently announced a partnership with Disney and has designed one of their new ships (AmaViola) specifically for families, complete with connecting cabins, which are unique in the world of river cruising:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=6299

Selected sailings on AmaViola will be Disney cruises, but the rest of the year those connecting cabins should be available at regular AMA prices.

Some of the suites on Uniworld's SS Catherine and SS Maria Theresa can accommodate 3 pax. Our suite on the Catherine had a love seat that we thought would open to a single bed, although moving around with it made up as a bed would be a little difficult, I think.

An option to trying to fit 3 people in one cabin could be to look at cruises where the single supplement is waived. Uniworld does this fairly regularly, and just announced 2016 single-supplement waived cruise dates. That way, for the same price (kind of, I don't know how a 3-per cabin room would be priced)... anyway, you'd get 2 cabins.

CroisiEurope has triple occupancy on many ships, but the German website gives the third bed as an "upper bed". The Belvedere I cruised on has connecting cabins. As steamboat has pointed out ARosa is a good "place" to try for triple occupancy. If I may note also: Arosa might be a better demographic range when taking your daughter than some other lines. Worth checking out with a good TA what would suit you best.

notamermaid

I would look at lines that waive the single supplement. Many of the lines do this for many itineraries. I know Avalon does it frequently. This would give you 2 cabins and 2 bathrooms and you could book either next to each other - they don't have connecting doors or across the hall from each other.

I just read here that the new AMAStella and AMAViola will offer 12 staterooms with triple occupancy. They are connecting so two connect for two cabins with a family of max 6 people. There will be also 4 Suites for 4 people.

Adventures by Disney is featuring 7 river cruises next year on these new ships.

steamboats

• 1 month later...

For more information about the design of the new AMA ships that will be used on the Disney cruises (but will also sail many non-Disney itineraries), see this Cruise Critic article:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/blog/index.php/2015/08/07/just-back-from-amawaterways-amaserena-hits-misses/?isalt=0&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+CC%2FTheLidoDeck+%28The+Lido+Deck+-+Cruise+Critic+Blog%29

Note that the "connecting cabins" are way more than a communicating door (like I've seen on ocean ships). The description is "With the touch of a button, two cabins convert into one larger one, as adjoining walls recede like pocket doors." That sounds like a perfect answer to the question that keeps coming up about cabins rated for 3 or 4 people.

Curious of any of the river cruise lines would be able to accomodate my husband and myself with our adult daughter in 1 room.

They do on the German market, but it is no fun to be on a ship when you don't understand what's going on.