Check your fares for price drops!

tea4ular

The previous sale that ended May 30 saved me almost $150. The more the merrier sale saved my friend who has 4 people in her cabin like $750! It was great!

This one isn't showing any price drops for us. But I have been obsessively checking every time a new sale starts.

I booked early saver. A few weeks later, there was a price drop of $30 (small..but will take it) which also came with an OBC of $30.

Last week another little price drop of $30, but was told it would make me lose $30 OBC because this particular type of promo is not combinable with early saver. So I opted to just leave as is and do nothing (didn't matter either way...$30 less due at final payment time or $30 as OBC).

Am I being told correctly? Or am I supposed to still be able to get the price drop and not lose any OBCs on my booking?

I booked after final payment so no ES was available....now my cabin for 3 is almost $500 less than I paid....but I can't get anything.....I understand but a taken $50 OBC would be nice :)

I booked early saver. A few weeks later, there was a price drop of $30 (small..but will take it) which also came with an OBC of $30.

Last week another little price drop of $30, but was told it would make me lose $30 OBC because this particular type of promo is not combinable with early saver. So I opted to just leave as is and do nothing (didn't matter either way...$30 less due at final payment time or $30 as OBC).

Am I being told correctly? Or am I supposed to still be able to get the price drop and not lose any OBCs on my booking?

You are being told correctly. Unless the new (lower rate) comes with an OBC, you will lose the OBC you got with the previous rate. So you have to decide if it's worth losing it in getting the price drop. In this case, it's a wash so I wouldn't bother. You did the right thing.

You are being told correctly. Unless the new (lower rate) comes with an OBC, you will lose the OBC you got with the previous rate. So you have to decide if it's worth losing it in getting the price drop. In this case, it's a wash so I wouldn't bother. You did the right thing.

So if the price drop beats out the existing onboard credit, then it would make sense to go with the price drop...got it. Thanks!