Liberty - Any insight in bringing soda/water on board in Bayonne

Since Liberty started sailing out of Bayonne, any reports of success/failures of bringing a case of soda or water on board? Carry on versus checked? Naughty room visits?

We sailed out of Bayonne on Explorer a few years ago, and on that trip we absolutely needed to have at least one roller bag to carry on for all of the baby stuff, so we just bungy-corded a case of Coke to it and rolled it on with no problems.

For our trip this month, our kids are older so there's actually no need to carry on anything except a backpack with some swim suits. Really don't want to lug a case of soda and/or water around until the room is ready. Just wanted to see if anyone had some firsthand experience.

Thanks!

You can take soda and water onboard in Bayonne. I have carried many of soda bottles in my backpack on both the Quantum and Explorer. They just ask you to open the backpack and as soon as they see its sealed soda let you through. I also know someone that just sent a case of water with their luggage.

We also sailed 5/21-5/30 and while we didn't bring anything with us we heard from quite a few people that they brought cases of water and had no issues. I don't know about soda though. I had thought that was a no since they want to sell it to you on board.

Personally can't be bothered with bringing water as the ship's water is perfectly fine and don't drink soda but have seen people going through security many times with 12 packs and no one ever seemed to have a problem.

Last October, I took our two bottles of wine and a 12 pack of soda in a wheeled duffel. I wasn't even asked to open the duffel. The 12 pack could have been of my favorite beer for all they knew.

The new terminal opened two weeks later. I don't know if the screening improved.

So it is ok to take water onboard, in a carry on or checked bag. That is good to know, thanks!

What about wine? Some cruise lines allow a bottle of wine per person. I am asking because I have not sailed on Royal before. Thank you in advance for answering my question.

So it is ok to take water onboard, in a carry on or checked bag. That is good to know, thanks!

What about wine? Some cruise lines allow a bottle of wine per person. I am asking because I have not sailed on Royal before. Thank you in advance for answering my question.

Royal allows two 750ml bottles of wine per stateroom, no matter how many people are in the stateroom.

Two bottles of wine per stateroom. No corkage fee to bring it to the MDR. One of the nicest things about RCCL.

We checked a case of water on the Explorer last summer in Bayonne. It was not a problem.

So it is ok to take water onboard, in a carry on or checked bag.

Technically, no, it's not OK as it is against the rules. Having said that, it's a rule that is seldom enforced other than possibly during spring break. You should be fine.