12 pack bottled water, $2.99 in FunShop

BigB0882

Thanks for this information. I went into my sailing & ordered 2 - 12 packs of water for $2.99 each. The total was $6.34 which included $.36 tax. We will be carrying CPAP's so this saves carrying this heavy water. Hubby also has a walking issue & I have a mobility scooter rented for him. So, yes, this sale is very much worth it for me. I don't care if it is more expensive than BJ's or Sam's Club.

Edited by PTAngel

Thanks for this information. I went into my sailing & ordered 2 - 12 packs of water for $2.99 each. The total was $6.34 which included $.36 tax. We will be carrying CPAP's so this saves carrying this heavy water. Hubby also has a walking issue & I have a mobility scooter rented for him. So, yes, this sale is very much worth it for me. I don't care if it is more expensive than BJ's or Sam's Club.

We always order a gallon of distilled water when we board. Or, one time guest services called us to check if we had everything for his CPAP, and we said we needed it. They said it was $3.00, and we had it within 10 minutes. The other time we called room service.

The whole added value in the low price is NOT having to lug water onboard. Sam's club can't deliver it for me, so this is indeed a much better deal.

Totally agree............. it is a pain to bring that heavy stuff when boarding the ship. One less thing to deal with.

We always order a gallon of distilled water when we board. Or, one time guest services called us to check if we had everything for his CPAP, and we said we needed it. They said it was $3.00, and we had it within 10 minutes. The other time we called room service.

Can you order the distilled water before boarding or do we wait until boarding? I know we will need 2 gallons, 1 for each of us since this is a 14 day cruise. We are not sailing until March so I have plenty of time. In the meanwhile, I am also watching for FTTF.

Edited by PTAngel

Can you order the distilled water before boarding or do we wait until boarding? I know we will need 2 gallons, 1 for each of us since this is a 14 day cruise. We are not sailing until March so I have plenty of time. In the meanwhile, I am also watching for FTTF.

Have to wait until you are on board, but if the special needs dept knows, you might get a call :) we call as soon as we are in the room dropping out stuff (FTTF). We found that he used less than 1/2 the gallon in a week. I'd get one, split it, and when you need another, order it. No big deal, they're really quick with it.

I ordered another 12 pack of water for our first leg of our B2B, did the math and decided to error on the side of us drinking more than 2 bottles a day each.

Edited by JillySue

Got some for both our cabins. Thanks for the heads up!

BTW, I'd love to see what happens when they realize they've sold 30,000% more bottled water than they usually sell.

Was wondering same thing myself. Hope it is indeed spring water, at worse purified. I recall it prior having photos of Soring Mountain at $13 wonder the change?

Hope joke is not on us.

I had the same thought! "...it's Carnival branded water, there's probably some guy standing at a tap somewhere on ship filling them up!"

They switched the VIFP branded water to Carnival brand too, so maybe they just decided to change all of it...?

The VIFP water says it was bottled in NC. [ATTACH]351243[/ATTACH]

Thanks for photo of bottled water. Looking company up online, it offers private label bottling. Just Bon Voyage did not state spring or purified, but better than sodium from purified ship water I have read may lead to some swelling.

Never happened to me from ice tea, but prior always brought flat water from a nearby CVS.

A appreciate Original OP for sharing this huge help.

:)

Figured.. but might as well take advantage. :) Only bought one hoping to refill the bottles in our room and storing them in the fridge, instead of throwing them out.

There is a mini fridge in the suites?

Yes, as someone confirmed a mini fridge. However, I recommend having room steward bring extra ice bucket and submerge some and keep doing this. Fridge is not that cold. We also bring a small inept eras seamless cooler for ice for cans soda and works like a charm.

P.S. Likely you will have to one have room steward unlock cabinet for refrigerator, and secondly empty mini bar items in refrigerator yourself into a cabinet for cruise duration. (We use bottom shelf area across from it.)

What a deal! Last cruise it was over $20 for a 24 pack of water. I still thought it was worth it for the convenience of not having to find a store near the port and then lug a case of water around. I just bought two 12 packs even though we don't sail until next February. Thanks OP for the tip.

I wonder what the brand is.

I thought I was smart one year when vacationing in Myrtle Beach. Their water is horrid. So off to the store I went and bought the brand they were selling.

When I opened it, it tasted the same as what came out of the tap. It was then when I realized they were bottling local tap water.

The following year, I drove down with my local water. It was exactly what I was used to. It became a bit easier over the year when "National" Brands like Evian came about.

Just ordered 4 cases of water for our 2 cabins :)

oh, and a 1 Liter bottle of Jameson Whiskey! :p

sadly, the whiskey wasn't on sale. :mad:

Forgive an obvious question, I've never done this before. If you order a bottle of alcohol and mixers for the first day online prior to the cruise, it will be in your room for you to enjoy anytime, as a cake or bottled water?

Just making sure there's no catch...

I wonder what the brand is.

I thought I was smart one year when vacationing in Myrtle Beach. Their water is horrid. So off to the store I went and bought the brand they were selling.

When I opened it, it tasted the same as what came out of the tap. It was then when I realized they were bottling local tap water.

The following year, I drove down with my local water. It was exactly what I was used to. It became a bit easier over the year when "National" Brands like Evian came about.

It's now showing the carnival logo on the water bottles, used to be a name brand....hmmmm