live from the Jade June 6-12, 2015

coldinerie

Live, sort of, from the Jade. A bit of background on us, we cruise a lot, 2 -3 per year for the last 20 years. I think we are well traveled and travel for fun and like to save money when ever possible.*

First off, this ship is in great condition. For being 8 years old, great looking. We have a mini suite. Well kept, lots of storage and in great condition.*

Venice is one of the most beautiful cities in europe.* Lovely😀

We have UDP so I will let you know what I think about the specialty restaurants.

Purchased unlimited internet, so far so good, but I will let you know as the cruise progresses.

About to set sail, so touch base tomorrow.

20150605_053430-1.jpg.36b5928ba3024465519d321172a1d538.jpg

Thanks for the review, we will be on the Jade July 11-25. Looking forward to read your review of the Jade. I was on the Breakaway last year and we had a suite in the Haven which was fantastic. We have a 2 bedroom suite on the Jade in July, however, it's not in the Haven. Thinking about upgrade if the Haven is available once we check in on the Jade.

Thanks for the review, we will be on the Jade July 11-25. Looking forward to read your review of the Jade. I was on the Breakaway last year and we had a suite in the Haven which was fantastic. We have a 2 bedroom suite on the Jade in July, however, it's not in the Haven. Thinking about upgrade if the Haven is available once we check in on the Jade.

Come and join our roll call. We are setting up a meet and greet and some have organized tours.

Thinking about upgrade if the Haven is available once we check in on the Jade.

NCL doesn't generally do updates on embarkation day - and definitely not in the terminal while check-in, so if it's even possible, it's done in guest services after boarding (usually they have a sign on they counter saying that no upgrades are available).

The upsell fairy usually sells all available suites already a week or two before sailing to random passengers in lower categories (the offer often gets emailed to several people, fastest people get the upgrades).

So if you want to pay for an upgrade, you need to keep an eye on the prices and availability little before (for our March cruise prices were at the rock bottom already 3-5 weeks before) and be proactive about it.

Looking forward to your review! My DH and I, along with my parents, are seriously considering a cruise on the Jade in 2016. I'm excited to hear about your experience!

Have a great time!

Hi, My BF and I will be sailing on the Jade July 4th out of Venice! Can't wait! Not sure if same itinerary as yours. Just curious do you know if Euros are accepted at all the ports of call? (Italy, I know is a yes...not sure about Greece, Croatia or Turkey)..Enjoy your cruise. Can't wait for the review!

Hi, My BF and I will be sailing on the Jade July 4th out of Venice! Can't wait! Not sure if same itinerary as yours. Just curious do you know if Euros are accepted at all the ports of call? (Italy, I know is a yes...not sure about Greece, Croatia or Turkey)..Enjoy your cruise. Can't wait for the review!

re Euros:-

Greece - Yes (but things could get interesting after the end of June...)

Croatia - I think they might now be in the Euro - I'm a few years out of date on that one.

Turkey - most tourist places will accept them (and USD apparently)

Croatia - I think they might now be in the Euro - I'm a few years out of date on that one.

Thanks for the info SteveH2508!!

Croatia use the Kuna

Croatia use the Kuna

I knew they had joined the EU recently but was not sure whether they were in the Euro yet.

When we were there (pre-EU days), they accepted Euros for beer (and it was a great deal cheaper than in Venice!).

We used a credit card to pay for walking the walls in Dubrovnik - it was not worth trying to get local currency for just that and a couple of beers.

I knew they had joined the EU recently but was not sure whether they were in the Euro yet.

When we were there (pre-EU days), they accepted Euros for beer (and it was a great deal cheaper than in Venice!).

We used a credit card to pay for walking the walls in Dubrovnik - it was not worth trying to get local currency for just that and a couple of beers.

We were there early May this year.

We used a credit card to walk the wall.

We went to a café that took euros. The first one we stopped at didn't, one across the square, did.

Definitely cheaper than Venice for beer/wine/food!!!!