Grandeur of the Seas Panoramic OV

Well, we decided to give a panoramic oceanview a shot, it's always interesting to stay in a new category. It was $100 pp more than a standard OV, and after the last price adjustment, we're now matching that price anyways.

For those that have stayed in a Vision Class Panoramic OV, do you think it's worth the extra money? Obviously it's a wash for us now, so any kind of upgrade is bonus.

Edited by Stateroom_Sailor

We have stayed in a POV on Legend on our Norway and Scan Russia cruises and it was the best view we have ever had. Loved that cabin. We also had one in May on Vision through the Mediterranean. The POV on Vision was close to the one above, but the one on the Legend the window was slightly larger.

There are 4 on each side of the ship on the 7th and 8th decks. We found the 2 middle rooms to have the larger windows and the end ones to have slightly smaller ones. Regardless they are a fantastic room and usually sell out quickly.

Enjoy the extra space and most of all the view !

We have stayed in a POV on Legend on our Norway and Scan Russia cruises and it was the best view we have ever had. Loved that cabin. We also had one in May on Vision through the Mediterranean. The POV on Vision was close to the one above, but the one on the Legend the window was slightly larger.

There are 4 on each side of the ship on the 7th and 8th decks. We found the 2 middle rooms to have the larger windows and the end ones to have slightly smaller ones. Regardless they are a fantastic room and usually sell out quickly.

Enjoy the extra space and most of all the view !

Oh fantastic, now I'm really glad I booked this! I would probably stick with it even if the veranda were the same price, we can get those anywhere. We've got a middle POV on the 7th deck. Woohoo! :D

Well, we decided to give a panoramic oceanview a shot, it's always interesting to stay in a new category. It was $100 pp more than a standard OV, and after the last price adjustment, we're now matching that price anyways.

For those that have stayed in a Vision Class Panoramic OV, do you think it's worth the extra money? Obviously it's a wash for us now, so any kind of upgrade is bonus.

Yes, i loved it and you still might see a price drop yet so i would get it. it is wonderful to have such an expansive view.

I stayed in 8043 on Grandeur. The room was spacious and new. The window wasn't a full promenade view because it was on the end. It was still a large window, but not as large as the ones in the middle.

We have stayed in the OV for two back2backs. We are booked again in January for another back2back. Great storage and location is so convenient . Mid ship and close to everything. Only negative point; have yet to see a price drop. Don't know if deck 7 is quieter than 8 because of overhead noise. We always book deck 7 for that reason.

Have a great cruise.

Nancy

We booked a JS on the Grandeur 7/24/15 - would you have a photo of a JS you could post? Thank you.

Got back yesterday from staying in a JS on the GOS. It wasn't as large as the ones we've stayed in on the Navigator. I was surprised that it didn't seem any bigger than a balcony. I asked a steward and he said the only difference were the tub and the coffee/tea service. As we were aft, we did have a large balcony that we love. But I don't know if the increased price was worth it. For what it's worth. :)

We stayed in 8539 in Feb 2015 and loved the room. It had plenty of storage space and I just loved the view from the sofa. Only complaint is the did not wash our windows the whole cruise. I fell and broke my foot and ankle the first day of the cruise so I did spend a lot of time in the cabin icing my foot. Stay in that area was awesome.

We stayed in 8539 in Feb 2015 and loved the room. It had plenty of storage space and I just loved the view from the sofa. Only complaint is the did not wash our windows the whole cruise. I fell and broke my foot and ankle the first day of the cruise so I did spend a lot of time in the cabin icing my foot. Stay in that area was awesome.

That stinks that you broke your foot, that would surly put a damper on cruise activities!

As far as the window, are you talking about them not cleaning the inside or the outside of the window? Did you ever ask anyone to clean it for you?

We are in 7086 with three people. Do they make up the sofa as a fold out bed or a bed on the sofa? Also, when do I tell them that we want twin beds rather than a king size?

Any information you can give me would be great!

Thanks

You can call RCCL and ask them to note your configuration as twins, however in some cases it's not always done. Just let your stateroom attendant know when you see him/her and they'll take care of changing it for you. It's a quick/fast change.

When we asked for our configuration to be changed, it was done by the time we got back to our room from exploring the ship a bit more.

It should pull out to be a sleeper sofa. RCCL won't let you book someone extra into the room if they can't provide a "bed" for them. (Some rooms only have regular couches, thus only allowing up to 2 in the room for example.)

On my trip on the Grandeur last month, the room steward made up the bed in the morning when we were out and about. In the event someone were to have laid down for a nap in the afternoon, it was also always made again by the time we were back from dinner.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for the reply about the twin beds. What about the couch? Does it fold out like a sleeper sofa or do you sleep on the sofa itself? Do they make up the bed every night for you?

thanks!

It folds *over*, if I recall correctly. Like a real, smallish, bed.

Our room attendant made an interesting choice to NOT make it all up as a couch every daytime then a bed every nighttime. It was a choice that caused him to not get all the tip he could have gotten, but we almost never saw him to ask him to let it be a couch during the day, so...