1,100+ photo review Allure Med May 24th

I finished my review of our Allure cruise May 24th til 31st - this was the first 7 night cruise out of Barcelona, Western Med. Although the text is in German google translate works pretty well. Anyway you still can check out the photos. Lots of food (including all MDR menus), ship and also private tours.

If you do have any specific questions, please feel free to ask!

steamboats

Thanks, Carol!

DH got me a new camera last year so now he has to live with the fact that my reviews have more and more photos :D!

And he has to work on the videos and upload them. BTW, yes, it´s me on the Zip Line video (first part, no the second part made from the Boardwalk).

steamboats

Edited by steamboats

I finished my review of our Allure cruise May 24th til 31st - this was the first 7 night cruise out of Barcelona, Western Med. Although the text is in German google translate works pretty well. Anyway you still can check out the photos. Lots of food (including all MDR menus), ship and also private tours.

If you do have any specific questions, please feel free to ask!

steamboats

Great Photos!!!

Would you recommend Sabor and Izumi?! Never sailed on Allure and thinking of trying them!

Sabor was really great. We did it for lunch. Actually I shared the Tasting Dinner (19 USD) with my daughter and we were both stuffed. It´s way better than Rita´s Cantina was.

We did the teppanyaki at Izumi and also ordered a veggie sushi roll (DD doesn´t like fish). The show was much better than on NCL. Food was really good.

So I can recommend both! We haven´t done Giovanni´s Table this time but it´s great too (you can try it for lunch also). The new menu at 150 CP did not say "book me". And as our experiences weren´t really satisfying on the Oasis TA we skipped it. Someone on our cruise was disappointed by 150 CP.

Chops Grille was good also but of course something you can have on many other RCI ships.

steamboats

Where is the Chefs Table now held?

The Chef´s Table was still on deck 12 - upper level of the now Diamond Club. I´m not sure whether it was offered throughout our cruise. But the table stayed there. And we were told that the Chef´s Table on the Oasis might relocate back to deck 12 too.

steamboats

Were you in one of the New Aft Grand Suites?! Think I saw a pic of 11330! In that room ourselves!

Yes, we were able to see 11330 but were not allowed to take any photos as the suites were still under a little bit of construction (last finishing touches) and the workers were acutally living in the suites. Therefore I only was able to take a photo of the door sign and the view from the balcony. Check out the sea day for the photos.

We´ve been also in 1701. Same there. Photo of the door sign and the view from the balcony.

steamboats

Thanks for the review! Especially the hints and logistics on visiting Cinque Terre.

I remember some thread before wondering if the old diamond club balcony was now a new "secret" balcony and I see it is. Thanks for the photo. What would it good for (or is it too far away)? The parade? Captain's speech? 70s party?

Also you have a photo of a powerade machine. Is it included in any drink packages?

Thanks again.

...Also you have a photo of a powerade machine. Is it included in any drink packages?...

Powerade is one of the flavors in the Coke Freestyle machine. Any unlimited beverage package includes the Coke Freestyle machine on Allure.

Thanks Bob, good to know. Does it also include drinks from this machine in the fitness center http://www.cruisediary.de/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Allure2015-FitnessP1110666.jpg.

No, the only machines that can be used with the beverage packages are the Coke Freestyle machines.

Edited by clarea