Random question about back-to-back cruises

ididit34

Glad to see this thread as we have booked our fist B2B cruise for Janurary of 16. My PVP (GREAT GUY!) was able to get us in the same room for both the 8 day and the 6 day. He was telling me the same thing that has been repeated here. . . last off the ship and first back on. :D

Here is a question I have not seen and our PVP was not sure of. Since we are in the same cabin, do we use the same sail & sign card / room key or is a new one issued. I'm betting a new one will be provided since it is a seperate booking.

Thanks! :)

Dave

Glad to see this thread as we have booked our fist B2B cruise for Janurary of 16. My PVP (GREAT GUY!) was able to get us in the same room for both the 8 day and the 6 day. He was telling me the same thing that has been repeated here. . . last off the ship and first back on. :D

Here is a question I have not seen and our PVP was not sure of. Since we are in the same cabin, do we use the same sail & sign card / room key or is a new one issued. I'm betting a new one will be provided since it is a seperate booking.

Dave

You will be issued a new room key. From the time they take you off the ship to getting back on is about 10 minutes. If you're interested in the procedure, here is a link to our B2B "album" you could just skip to picture 137 for the changeover (although you're welcome to peruse all the rest if you'd like).

OUR LAST B2B CRUISE

Dave

You get a new card, because it is a different sailing. Also: new portfolio number, and likely a different MDR table if you had assigned seating.

Have fun on your B2B!

Dave

You will get new cards.

We have done a couple of B2B's but this time we will be moving cabins. The cabins are right next door to each other. I'm not looking forward to having to pack up everything.

tigercat

Edited by tigercat

I would hope that both of your legs will be in the same room. Makes it very hard to sleep if not.

Haha!. We just booked our first B2b. And our first Carnival cruise. So I hope we like them.

We booked the second one then decided to book the one previous as 7 days is to short and all the ports were different.

Problem is we decided to splurge and get a balcony when we booked the last one (which sails first). It's going to hurt going from a balcony to an inside. :(

So, you get new cards but when? If you just step off the ship to customs and back on, you bypass the terminal where the cards are done, right? Or do you come back through that boarding terminal, or do you get new cards from the guest services desk, or do they bring them to you?

We booked our B2B in different rooms as one cruise was free and that same balcony cost way more than an interior spa cabin. It was tempting to stay in the same room, but it wasn't worth an extra $600.

So, you get new cards but when? If you just step off the ship to customs and back on, you bypass the terminal where the cards are done, right? Or do you come back through that boarding terminal, or do you get new cards from the guest services desk, or do they bring them to you?

We booked our B2B in different rooms as one cruise was free and that same balcony cost way more than an interior spa cabin. It was tempting to stay in the same room, but it wasn't worth an extra $600.

You get the new cards before disembarking the ship. On our cruise we were told a time to meet in the lobby. An officer met us there and presented everyone with their new cards. That officer then walked us to/from customs. You don't even enter the cruise terminal (per se) just the customs area. After customs is complete, you basically turn around and come back up from where you came from. Not out and back through the terminal. Very convenient :)

We have done several B2B, and only once have to actually leave the ship; it's a great time to take artsy fartsy photos around the ship without throngs of people. We enjoy that quiet time - have one booked in September and one booked in January . And eyeballing another - why drive all that distance to the port for just a week . . . . I wish we could stay a month!

We were on a B2B in February on the Triumph and went to get a bottle for the second leg late on the last night when they usually let you take it back to your cabin. There was a man in front of us at the counter and we heard the clerk tell him that he couldn't do that because he was on the next cruise. We left.

We were on a B2B in February on the Triumph and went to get a bottle for the second leg late on the last night when they usually let you take it back to your cabin. There was a man in front of us at the counter and we heard the clerk tell him that he couldn't do that because he was on the next cruise. We left.

Hmmmm. Bummer. I have 4 b2b scheduled in the next 21 months.

As noted above, you normally have to leave the ship briefly, but get right back on. The only exception to that that I've experienced, was aboard "Paradise" in Tampa, where we were issued new "Sign-n-Sail" cards, and walked over to "ding in" when the new pax started arriving. Didn't leave the ship at all.

Also, the cabin stewards will assist you in moving your "stuff" if you're not getting the same cabin for the second part of your B-2-B. No problem, and LOTS of FUN! :cool:

"SKY"

Even when we did a modified B2B on 2 different ships (Freedom and Conquest) out of Port Everglades we got an in transit pass and they put our luggage in a special bin and took it to the Conquest. We also got the fruit basket and champagne that you normally get at the beginning of a B2B. Our PVP noted B2B on our booking.