New P&D party rules

sailor_jimc

They were honest. "It's getting too big" is the politically correct way of saying "it costs too much". We all know a business is not going to tell a customer "you cost too much" and just find a nicer way of saying the same thing. If you have ever worked in a customer service position you know exactly what I am talking about.

Interesting point and bottom line this is a money saving decision to cut back on invitees.

Plastered on unlimited watered down drinks? Too funny.

ummm.. have you been to a past guest party? The new ones that are not just the little drinks on the tray? They are in full size glasses... and trust me.. they are not watered down..:rolleyes:

ummm.. have you been to a past guest party? The new ones that are not just the little drinks on the tray? They are in full size glasses... and trust me.. they are not watered down..:rolleyes:

Just curious, which ship was this and when?:confused:

It may be that the Food and Beverage Managers are having a competition to see who saves the most per cruise?? That would solve the mystery of why so many different reports of PGP experiences?:):)

:)

Our drinks at the party in January on our B2B also were definitely not watered down. While I was drinking one of the alcoholic punches, I ordered 2 Chocolate Molka Get-a-ways, but they were in the smaller glasses. That's why I order 2 of them at one time.

We have been to way to many over the years. Our drinks were served in the proper regular glasses that all Carnival bars serve them in just without the regular amount of alcohol. What is considered a "full size glass"? Wouldn't that depend on the drink?

We have been to way to many over the years. Our drinks were served in the proper regular glasses that all Carnival bars serve them in just without the regular amount of alcohol. What is considered a "full size glass"? Wouldn't that depend on the drink?

Of course it does... i wasnt saying wine would be served in a tumbler:)

I guess i should have said the drinks were "regular" sized . I haven't been to the new party, but the last pg party i went to, no watered down drinks:D

It may be that the Food and Beverage Managers are having a competition to see who saves the most per cruise?? That would solve the mystery of why so many different reports of PGP experiences?:):)

Last pg party i attended was on Liberty... :)

In my experiences, the beer has never been watered down. ;)

so everyone on this site keeps that list current..? I listed those cruises once and have never been back to my profile since. The last one in that list was 2006, some time has passed since then...but you

I agree, I have never updated my cruises!!! Do not need to advertize what I do!:eek:

so everyone on this site keeps that list current..? I listed those cruises once and have never been back to my profile since. The last one in that list was 2006, some time has passed since then...but you

I agree, I have never updated my cruises!!! Do not need to advertize what I do!:eek:

[emoji106]🏻

Good point, but there was a report of WARM beer being served....:):) Maybe they thought we were in Europe??:confused:

BTW, I just rec'd my second survey about my last cruise from CCL, which was exclusively about the PGP's. Needless to say, I told them about the experiences of the past, way past, and lately!!

Lately, I said, the PGP's used to be better even with the Golds etc....:):)

Very true but most times we have gone to the "party" they were not cold. And served in the same Carnival glass known as a bucket glass. Not a beer glass. This may have changed but in February we were only offered 3 beers which we don't drink so didn't order.

I went to 2 of these events and well I can say this does not bother me as they were packed in, drinks were slow in coming and it was for nothing really. Meh..................

I hope they continue for the people that enjoy them but I agree. Meh is a perfect reply!

Good point, but there was a report of WARM beer being served....:):) Maybe they thought we were in Europe??:confused:

BTW, I just rec'd my second survey about my last cruise from CCL, which was exclusively about the PGP's. Needless to say, I told them about the experiences of the past, way past, and lately!!

Lately, I said, the PGP's used to be better even with the Golds etc....:):)

My "report" was that I've had beer that was not cold. I love cruising on Carnival and hope they improve the party. We are not looking to get drunk off the party, but get a regular drink I would pay $7 or $8 at any ship bar.

Of course it does... i wasnt saying wine would be served in a tumbler:)

I guess i should have said the drinks were "regular" sized . I haven't been to the new party, but the last pg party i went to, no watered down drinks:D

Not sure if I went to the new party. It looked and sounded the same as 15 years ago. And yes the watered down drinks were on the trays.

Funny thing is that the last time they changed the party to include Golds and above only it became so much smaller too. It got out of hand quickly. I wonder if the same will happen again.

Funny thing is that the last time they changed the party to include Golds and above only it became so much smaller too. It got out of hand quickly. I wonder if the same will happen again.

When they stopped collecting invitations lots of people who were not supposed to go crashed.

If I didnt know better this was done on purpose so they would have an excuse to exclude golds.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

We are enjoying the parties. The changes for format are not complete yet, we've been told. The drinks are plenty strong enough for us. DH likes his Dewar's and I usually have lemon drop martinis. The party venue on Legend inaugural Alaska was too small for 400+ guests, but all others have been appropriate.

Last Fantasy, my martini was pure vodka, so I couldn't drink it. Bar staff recommended I try Beverage Manager's Special (Sunil). Delicious! Vodka, cranberry, orange, lemon concoction. He had a name for it, I forgot. Ask for it! :)

I would never go to a party at someone's home and then complain about everything about the party: too many guests, couldn't bring my friends, watered down drinks, not my choice of drinks, didn't like the entertainment, don't like the time they are having the party, didn't get treated like the "special snowflake" I am.

If I gave a party and those were the comments I overheard I'd just stop having parties...not worth the expense or the time or the planning or the personnel to have, what I assumed were my friends since they had been loyal to me for a long time, tear everything apart and present it to others in the worst possible light.

No wonder I never go to these things...I'd rather just spend the time with my friend doing the things we like to do together without all of the entitled finding fault with pretty much everything.

I would never go to a party at someone's home and then complain about everything about the party: too many guests, couldn't bring my friends, watered down drinks, not my choice of drinks, didn't like the entertainment, don't like the time they are having the party, didn't get treated like the "special snowflake" I am.

I agree completely!:) For Private, Home, Business etc... parties...:)

However. the PGP's are supposedly reward parties for Loyal Past Guests.:)

So, as a Loyal Past Guest, I think comments to improve the PGP's either here or on the Carnival Survey's are actually appropriate. :cool:

If I were to plan a loyalty party, I would most certainly make each guest feel a little "special", not like a new guest boarding and offered the drink of the day!! Think about it!!:confused: