Please help me

Disneyjunkie

You too need to think positively. ;)

We were VERY positive when we booked the Victory because we were told to expect the "full 2.0" upgrades to happen before our sailing.

My posts have nothing to do with positive or negative...just being realistic - trying to keep others from the disappointment we faced!

OP said Texas is out but never mentioned anything about Europe. ;)

Which was the reason for my original question, why not TX. I thought they may have all ready been in the area and did not want to fly to a second location. Vista seems like a good alternative when comparing a Carnival ship to the Breeze.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Forums mobile app

Does it matter why Texas is out? We're not the OP and it is his/her business.

Perhaps the OP wishes not to visit Texas?

Perhaps the OP has no desire to enter a vehicle for an hour when in transit to the port after flying from New York?

Perhaps the OP has an outstanding warrant for arrest in the state of Texas?

The OP said Texas is out. The reason doesn't make a difference.

Wow, this is a little harsh, don't you think? Maybe the person that asked the question was curious because he/she is thinking about Galveston and wants to know what's bad about it. Did you ever think of that? They weren't being rude, they were just asking a question.

Wow, this is a little harsh, don't you think? Maybe the person that asked the question was curious because he/she is thinking about Galveston and wants to know what's bad about it. Did you ever think of that? They weren't being rude, they were just asking a question.

I honestly just wanted to know if OP objected to flying because IMO the Vista will be the only comparable ship and before giving my opinion I wanted clarification.

From the response of the OP saying some are from NYC and some from SC and their desire to leave from Florida I would say I have no good solutions for them. Its either fly to Texas and sit in at least an hour of a commute to the port, fly to Europe and pay that extra on airfare or stay in Florida and book one of the (in the OP's opinion) inferior ships.

Unfortunately Carnival Corp has placed many of its customers in the situation and it is comfortable with the fall out.

I would recommend the Sunshine, shes got all the bells and whistles you want except the thrill theatre.6 of my US cruising friends all love her to death and are sailing with her again soon. She sails out of New York and that would be a great destination to sail from. ;)

The Vista will have everything you want and more but you would have to change your cruise date to late 2016 or 2017 if your wanted the Caribbean or you could always fly over here as her Europe sailings are nicely priced.

We looked at the Sunshine before booking the Breeze, but no of us were impressed with the ports. I was planning to do one of the Med cruises in August(just my son and I). There's no way my extended family will agree to that.

I also suggest the Sunshine. If you are in NY then you could drive to the port. Both the itineraries in July look like great ports! We're going on the Sunshine in October 2016. It looked great to us. Sounds like a great cruise with all those friends/family!

Several of my family members have no desire to return to Nassau. When they found out that Sunshine wasn't a new ship, she was out

Thanks everyone. We are not interested in RCCL or NCL. We will stick with Carnival. I'm a little disappointed, but I know we will have a great time regardless of which ship/ports we end up with.

I was kicked off of the Breeze (8 night July 2, 2016-36 of us booked) . For us the ship was just as important as the islands. So no, the Splendor is not an option. Sailing out of Texas is out as well.

Can someone please tell me if there are any other ships that have the same 2.0 upgrades as the Breeze. We were looking forward to the serenity deck, water slide area, Guy's, Thrill theatre.

I feel like a Carnival Castaway.

Go to the Carnival website > Explore > Our Ships > Check Breeze > Check Magic > Check Sunshine > Hit Compare.

Good luck. :-)

Several of my family members have no desire to return to Nassau. When they found out that Sunshine wasn't a new ship, she was out

I don't see Nassau on the itinerary. For the NY Sunshine I show San Juan, St. Thomas, and Grand Turk. I know that Sunshine isn't new but it just had a huge refurbish. I heard good things about it. Hope you find something fun!

Edited by naz022292

One last suggestion... Carnival Pride out of Baltimore. Driving distance from both NY and FL. We were on the Pride in April and loved it. It did have Guys burgers and it had a movie screen on the Lido Deck. I do hope you can find something that you are happy with. I hate when you get your mind set on something and are looking forward to it and then have to feel like you are settling for something else.

I would recommend the Sunshine, shes got all the bells and whistles you want except the thrill theatre.6 of my US cruising friends all love her to death and are sailing with her again soon. She sails out of New York and that would be a great destination to sail from. ;)

The Vista will have everything you want and more but you would have to change your cruise date to late 2016 or 2017 if your wanted the Caribbean or you could always fly over here as her Europe sailings are nicely priced.

There'll be just a few extra CCL Sunshine trips out of Charleston, SC:

May 21 and May 26 and Nov 6 =5 day Bahamas and 4 day Bahamas

May 30 = 10 day Caribbean (cool itinerary)

Nov 11 = 7 day Caribbean

For the normal ship based in Charleston ... it looks like

Now thru Feb 1 = Fantasy

Starting Feb 13 = Ecstacy

I've been on both the Breeze and Dream. To me, other than décor, there isn't much difference. If the Dream isn't an option, you should seriously consider the Sunshine. No, it isn't a new ship, but it was totally redone, and looks new, plus it has all the venues you mentioned being interested in. Hope this helps.

OP I like you will never sail out of Texas. Just don't care to.

Think about the Liberty. She is a great ship. Have sailed her 3 times in just over 2 years. She has all the upgrades except for an upgraded spa. No thermalloss? pool. But the ship is great.