Carnival comedy club.

SRcruise

Its not just adult "language", because I'm sure they've heard it all before. But there is a lot of adult "subjects" (i.e. sexual). I would feel uncomfortable having someone that young sitting near me, let alone my own kids. I've had my late 20-something daughters sitting near me and I felt uncomfortable laughing at some of the subjects. And I'm sure they did too.

Its not a place for underage kids to be with or without their parents.

When we sat with our kids, even now that they are in their 30's felt very uncomfortable and kept looking at them.

I agree with the wrestler. I don't think they should be allowed. Also, seating is very limited in the Comedy Clubs, and if the under 18s are kept out, there is more possibility that over 18s will be able to attend.

On 2 different Carnival cruises the DS and his Friend (both under 18 on both cruises) the DS told the DH and I that they had tried to stay for the show and both times were asked to leave. I love when the staff enforces the age limits. Had we seen the boys trying to get in or seated at the show...we would have definitely told them to leave. Like another poster mentioned...we don't care what other people do or if my kid hears this stuff at other venues. If he's with us...he follows the rules. When the DH was finally old enough to get into the adult show...two years ago...he told us that he and his friend found it "boring" as all they did was say dirty words and talk about sex. To them it wasn't a big deal and not that funny.

Edited by mousey

Here are a few helpful tips for the comedy clubs on Carnival:

1) Know thyself -- meaning, if you have an issue with the language or subject matter the comedians are using in an adult show, please, please don't complain -- just go to the family friendly shows. I know that you may not feel like you are easily offended, but guess what --- you are! There's nothing wrong with it - but you need to put yourself in a situation to be entertained on an appropriate level.

2) If you are at the 1st performance for a comedian on a sailing, and you do not think this particular show is very good, do yourself a favor and do not go to the 2nd, or 3rd, or 4th, etc. Comedians tend to front load their material, so what you are seeing is most likely their best stuff. Subsequent performances will have diminishing returns. One exception is a comedian who does a family friendly show, but seems to struggle using PG material -- sometimes their R rated shows are better (sometimes).

3) The comedy clubs are very popular on most sailings. Get their early, get a drink, and relax until showtime.

4) If a particular show is not your to your taste, it is okay to walk out and try another show. 7 day sailings have up to 20 different shows and 4 different comedians. Comedy is so subjective and if you are not having a good time, don't suffer -- there will be another show that you will probably enjoy much better.

5) If your cruise is fortunate enough to have an open mike night, by all means attend. Whether you witness a train wreck, or a passenger that is way funnier than all of the professionals on the ship, the entertainment value of these shows is through the roof.

I personally don't see the big deal with a 16 or 17 year old going. They are allowed into R rated movies at 17, but not the comedy club? Weird rule to me, as R rated movies can get much worse. Id rather sit with a 17 year old at a comedy show than at 50 shades of Grey

• 2 weeks later...

I only went to one adult show on the Breeze in June. After a while all the cussing and sex jokes just get old. I didn't want to listen to it, let alone my teenage kids. To each his own, but my kids aren't allowed in there.

Let's see, if we're throwing all the rules out, I love video and board games, can I go to the kid's clubs? It shouldn't matter that I'm over the age limits. The rules shouldn't apply to me because I'm young at heart and shorter than most kids.

I would not take my underage children to an adult comedy show. I don't take them to see R rated movies or watch R rated tv at home, so I wouldn't change that policy while on vacation.

Our family was on the Ecstasy June 29 - July 3, and we went to both the family comedy show and the adults attended the adult show. It was the same comedian both times, and both shows were funny to me. The family show was PG, although even the teenagers in our group said they didn't get some of the jokes. The adult show was not as raunchy as what some of you are describing, and was not all about sex. I can count on one hand how many times he used the f-word, and his show was a good mixture of all types of topics, including some of his observations of the ship. That makes me seriously wonder about some of the other comedians Carnival employs. I'd probably walk out of a show if it was as some of you have described.

Let's see, if we're throwing all the rules out, I love video and board games, can I go to the kid's clubs? It shouldn't matter that I'm over the age limits. The rules shouldn't apply to me because I'm young at heart and shorter than most kids.

That's funny! And a very good point.

Also, you wouldn't expect to be able to take your under 18 kid to a comedy club on land so why should the ship be any different?