Cutting back on itineraries?

Cruise Junky

It might be a pattern ... of one cruise per year.

Personally it would suit me fine, I love sea days. In fact I'd be even happier if they omitted Bali as then I wouldn't have to pay a US $35 visa fee for a place I don't really want to go ashore at. ;)

Have to agree that Visa charge sucks.

Also agree I looooooooove those sea days.

Next cruise has about 20.

Have to agree that Visa charge sucks.

Also agree I looooooooove those sea days.

Next cruise has about 20.

We've got 10 on our next cruise :D - I got tempted by a Fremantle to Sydney Top End cruise since some friends asked us to visit them in Perth to see their new house.

Have you thought of doing a Singapore - Fremantle cruise then taking the Indian Pacific train across to Sydney? It's one of the great train trips of the world.

No but before we booked the round Aus we had thought about Syd-Perth or Perth-Syd with Indian Pacific the other direction.

It is one of the bucket lists as is the Ghan.

We've got 10 on our next cruise :D - I got tempted by a Fremantle to Sydney Top End cruise since some friends asked us to visit them in Perth to see their new house.

I think our Sys-Perth leg has nine or ten then about the same Back to Sydney.

No but before we booked the round Aus we had thought about Syd-Perth or Perth-Syd with Indian Pacific the other direction.

It is one of the bucket lists as is the Ghan.

Actually I meant that question for the OP. ;)

I would have liked to have done the Indian Pacific again before our upcoming cruise but can't really afford it at the moment. We're being very naughty doing the extra cruise - oops! :o. Luckily we had some frequent flyer points to get us to Perth.

We did the Indian Pacific about 10-12 years ago and really enjoyed it. I think it was the first long train trip I'd ever done. It's really rail cruising. ;) I do want to do the Ghan one day.

Actually I meant that question for the OP. ;)

I would have liked to have done the Indian Pacific again before our upcoming cruise but can't really afford it at the moment. We're being very naughty doing the extra cruise - oops! :o. Luckily we had some frequent flyer points to get us to Perth.

We did the Indian Pacific about 10-12 years ago and really enjoyed it. I think it was the first long train trip I'd ever done. It's really rail cruising. ;) I do want to do the Ghan one day.

I wasn't sure if you meant me or OP

but being me you got me $0.02 anyway.

That's OK, GUT. I always enjoy chatting to you. :)

That's because I'm so nice.

Feelings mutual BTW.

The Aussies and Kiwi's are on the whole pleasant to chat with. So little petty nastiness.

That's because I'm so nice.

Feelings mutual BTW.

The Aussies and Kiwi's are on the whole pleasant to chat with. So little petty nastiness.

Yes, we've got a good bunch on this forum. :)

Princess used to be known for their stellar itineraries...what has happened? Comparing a Sydney/Singapore itinerary between Princess and RCL and there is no comparison.

Princess...

Singapore

Bali

Darwin

Sydney

RCL...

Sydney

Brisbane

Arlie Beach

Cairns

Port Douglas

Darwin

Singapore

And RCL is $500 cheaper. Is this an anomoly or is Princess really degrading their itineraries that much?

Thats one repositioning cruise.

Do RCCL if they are the ports you wish to visit and it is cheaper.

If you take a look at Sun, Sea, Dawn, Diamond, Golden and Emerald itineraries for Australia till 2017, they are MUCH more varied than RCCL Legend, Radiance, Voyager and Explorer. Very broad statement to make based on one cruise.

Chez

If you take a look at Sun, Sea, Dawn, Diamond, Golden and Emerald itineraries for Australia till 2017, they are MUCH more varied than RCCL Legend, Radiance, Voyager and Explorer. Very broad statement to make based on one cruise.

Chez

It wasn't a statement it was a question. And I wasn't just referring to one cruise. I also mentioned nothing appealing in the Med and Tahiti is gone unless you're on longer cruises.

I think its more of a case that nothing fits your particular needs. That is a bit different, than throwing out a blanket statement that Princess itineraries have gotten a little stale.

From my perspective there is plenty of variety to and from Asia out of Australia offering variety of lengths ranging from 12, 14 up to 25 nights. I think that cruise you refer to they do once a year. Its nice to have options.

Chez

I agree with these viewpoints. If anything, the choices on Princess have increased over the years I have been cruising. It all depends on the perspective of the cruiser. If one is not happy with a cruise line, then they will look for negatives rather than positives. :)

I agree with these viewpoints. If anything, the choices on Princess have increased over the years I have been cruising. It all depends on the perspective of the cruiser. If one is not happy with a cruise line, then they will look for negatives rather than positives. :)

That's an interesting perspective from someone who mainly sails the Caribbean. I'm not sure where you got the idea I'm not happy with the cruise line. Don't mistake not accepting small balconies and being disappointed with the new builds with not liking a cruise line. I have often paid more to sail Princess.

I've noticed this decline in itineraries over the past couple of years..last year we took Solstice instead of Pacific for Hawaii because Pacific's itinerary was lacking with more sea days. Then we have the Med. next year where again...nothing comparable on Princess. They've removed Venice from all but a couple of sailings late in the year and now I'm looking at AU and I'm finding the same thing. So don't put a negative in where there is none, it was a question.

I am finding a decline in itineraries where the interesting ones are not made for people that are working. If you are finding something different then great.

That's an interesting perspective from someone who mainly sails the Caribbean. I'm not sure where you got the idea I'm not happy with the cruise line. Don't mistake not accepting small balconies and being disappointed with the new builds with not liking a cruise line. I have often paid more to sail Princess.

I've noticed this decline in itineraries over the past couple of years..last year we took Solstice instead of Pacific for Hawaii because Pacific's itinerary was lacking with more sea days. Then we have the Med. next year where again...nothing comparable on Princess. They've removed Venice from all but a couple of sailings late in the year and now I'm looking at AU and I'm finding the same thing. So don't put a negative in where there is none, it was a question.

I am finding a decline in itineraries where the interesting ones are not made for people that are working. If you are finding something different then great.

I have sailed many places on Princess as my signature shows. I keep looking for new itineraries for future cruises when we do not need to be closer to home. Family comes first and ours is currently in crisis.

If I perceive you don't like Princess, it is based on your posts.

[quote name='Go-Bucks!']I've been enjoying the itineraries on Celebrity although I [B]still enjoy the Princess cruise experience more[/B]. I think Princess used to have the best port calls, but Celebrity has improved alot. :p[/QUOTE]

I thought I just wasn't reading the cruise book carefully enough but we've noticed the same thing the last couple of years.
Celebrity is fixing that problem , though, at least in the Caribbean. They're now dropping some ports in favor of overnights ( :confused: ) in others. Edited by chamima