Constellation specialty restaurant discount

Cabob1

I understand that celebrity offers a 20% discount on specialty restaurant dining upon embarkation. Is that for dining the first night, or can that be used for dining on another night other than the first? Thanks for any help in clarifying this.

I understand that celebrity offers a 20% discount on specialty restaurant dining upon embarkation. Is that for dining the first night, or can that be used for dining on another night other than the first? Thanks for any help in clarifying this.

There is no "guarantee" that a discount will be available. You can ask once on board the ship.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

I believe when it is offered that it's just good on the first night. They don't usually get a lot of specialty reservations for the first night, so are trying to fill openings by offering the discount.

Frequently there is a discount to a speciality restaurant offered to Aqua guests for the first night.

We were on the Constellation a few weeks ago ( not in AQ) and didn't hear of a discount for the first night. However later in the cruise we were approached on our way to dinner and offered 30% off Ocean Liners good for that night so we went. The restaurant was only about 1/2 full at 8pm. The first 2 courses were good, service terrible. We left without finishing the meal as did another couple seated in the same area. MaitreD apologized and refunded the charge for both couples.

Specialty restaurant discounts come in all sizes. It never hurts to ask and never hurts to ask for a little bigger discount(50% not that uncommon). They should feel privileged that YOU are willing grace their presence. :D

Edited by neverbeenhere

I posted this a few weeks ago. This was our experience on Constellation in April (transatlantic):

On Constellation transatlantic in April we were offered 20% off Tuscan Grill just after boarding. We were able to pick our date and time. Several days later, in the Martini Bar, we were offered $25 each for Tuscan Grill if we dined the next night. Near the end of the cruise, we were offered 2 for 1 in the Tuscan Grill. We accepted all three offers which worked out to about $28 each per visit. This was better than any of the packages being offered. But I guess you won't really know until you're onboard.

A target goal is established by the Miami office for each revenue generating venue for each cruise. A Maître 'd and/or Restaurant manager and F&B Manager can offer "specials" if the numbers look short of target. Discounts are offered the first night when advanced bookings are thin. No discounts have been offered on my last three cruises. In the past I've received 20% or even 50% discount. Once or twice a free meal in Bistro on 5 was part of a promotion. The bottom line is that you never know in advance if there is a promotion. You only will know when it's announced on the ship. They may also offer a "special" if you go to a food related event such as a Lawn Club Grille presentation on Reflection and Silhouette.

We had a problem on our Connie cruise last March (5night). Before we left, we received an email from a concierge saying because of construction of Luminae, we would eat all of our meals in a specialty restaurant. (we were booked in a Celebrity Suite). The first 2 nights were ate in Ocean which was very good. The third night was Tuscan. For the next night, we had a reservation for Tuscan, but the concierge canceled that and told us that it was fully booked for a wedding reception for 50. We tried to get back into Ocean, but it was also booked. We asked the concierge and butler to get us into one of them for the last night and were told there was no room in either. We ended up in Blu for the last 2 nights along with all the AQ and many of the suite passengers who had been bumped by the wedding reception. It was very crowded and the food was not very good. We were not very happy. After reading about the off-on of Luminae breakfasts and lunches, we decided to just get a concierge aft cabin and try traditional MDR for our next cruise. We had great service and food in the MDR on Silly last Sept.